Thread: Experience with Ebay floor mats for M3?

My Cars
    E36 M3

Experience with Ebay floor mats for M3?

I'm looking to replace my floor mats for the E36 M3. Saw a couple different types on Ebay, not sure if anyone had experience with them? What do you think of them compare to OEM (I don't expect it to be as good as OEM but are they pretty close as far as fitment and quality?)

1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-98-BMW-E3...fcb759&vxp=mtr

2) http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1998-BM...613056&vxp=mtr

The first link seems to look more close to an OEM style. What do you all think? any suggestions would be appreciated with those who have tried the Ebay floor mats.

Thanks

My Cars
    E36
    my beater came with a set. They're thin, and move around a lot. (Although my new oem mats move around a ton too...the newer velcro *meh*).

I used some small screws to keep them down, and it helps. But they are thin/feel cheap.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    E36 M3
    The 2nd link i have up there seems to be "thin" and more cheapo looking. But the first link, which costs a bit more but seems to be nicer. But then again its pictures so i cant tell lol. wondering if anyone had any experience with them. For $55 it's not bad at all if they fit well and has decent quality.

My Cars
    e36 M3, e39 M5,
    just buy them from getbmwparts.com . oem is the best.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    X2 on OEM. I had some Ebay knock-offs when I first bought my car and I completely hated how they felt and how much they moved around. They look extremely cheap as well..

My Cars
    E36 M3
    took the plunge and ordered this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-98-BMW-E3...59&vxp=mtr

will keep everyone updated on the quality once received

My Cars
    RWD
    I just use rubber mats year round....

I like those better.

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    Another example of you get what you pay for.
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    97 Estoril M3/4/5
    I bought these a few months ago and they already have tears and look faded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-98-BMW-E3...ht_4060wt_1271

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I just received the floor mats today and i'm overall quite happy with it. I have not seen a brand new OEM one yet as comparison so i cant speak to it but its def. a huge upgrade over my totally worn out mats right now.

This is the one i have purchased: http://www.ebay.com/itm/92-98-BMW-E3...59&vxp=mtr

Its different from the other one that Knickfan had posted a link to. The one i got actually has the same exact design and fitment as the OEM altho i would assume the oem one probably is thicker and "softer" perhaps?

I've attached a few pix for you guys to take a look at. When i get a chance to drop by a dealership i'll ask to take a look at an OEM one so i can do a better comparison.

I'll have it in the car for a bit and report back on how the "quality" holds up. For 1/2 price of OEM i think it's not bad at all. shipping was fairly quick and in a nice bix box, and it says "Made in Taiwan". From personal experience, stuff made in Taiwan are generally much better than made in China (Depo headlights are also made in Taiwan).
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1995 M3, Z06 Vette
    How is the driver side "stuck down". Does it stay put pretty good? I'm going to get some.

I just ordered a set.
    Last edited by froggy47; 08-14-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    07 328i coupe, 95 M3 coupe, 04 Z06 Corvette, 04 Lexus IS300, several SUV's.

I have a Bentley service manual & still want to post this question, thanks.

Check out my DIY videos http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide

My Cars
    '98 M3
    The real test is, "Does the driver side floor mat ride up the gas pedal when getting in and out." I think it's the nipples on the bottom that make the difference between a good mat. If it slides around without catching the carpet, it's junk. Let us know.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    i have not put it in the car yet since it's raining and will likely rain into tmr.

I'm not sure if it will slide around or not but i already planned to put velcro on the bottom anyways. My old mats have velcro on the bottom that is cliped into the floor (i think thats the orignal OEM design), so i'll just put new velcro on the bottom of the new matt and have it stick to the clips already in the floor..that should eliminate any possible sliding issues.

My Cars
    Imola Euro Swap
    OP, lets see some pics of them installed.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    will do when i pick up some velcros and the rain stops.

My Cars
    __
    I just ordered the set in the second link down in the OP about two weeks ago. They seem okay, quality isn't bad. The driver side sits pretty well and doesn't move around. The passenger side has an odd fit. I plan on replacing them with OEM mats in the near future but for inexpensive mats, they're not too bad.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Justinlansdale - do you mind taking a picture to show us what it looks like? i bought from the first link because the design fits more exact like the OEM, even thought it cost a bit more.. and i think it was worth it - altho i still would like to see a new OEM one to compare

My Cars
    E36
    lol just cleaned mine from the beater. Same exact as you.

My thoughts:

A. The white 'M' looks sweet...but does not keep clean. Now at best mine is grey or 'brown' when dirty.

B. They move around after some of the 'feet' get worn off. Tomorrow when they dry I'm screwing them to the carpet again.

C. Look good though, for my beater, would buy again. Fit well and the edges look really good for the 15k+ miles (10k of my own and at least 5k from PO).
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I just installed mine today and also realized Froggy had gotten his already and did a great video review here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1875236

so not to repeat too much of what Froggy already mentioned on the video. i didnt realize the set I ordered is longer and slightly wider than my old oem one until i put them in the car (thought they had shipped me the wrong thing). at first thought it was going to be a problem but after installing it, i think it actually worked out better been that it's longer than oem so i just tug it under the seat like Froggy did in the vid and also since its slightly wider, it tugs down really well and not sliding at all (and that goes for all 4 pieces). dont even need the velcros to hold it down now as it just sits in real tight.

overall im happy with the result. now only time will tell how well they hold up through time.

i have attached a few pix here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1995 M3, Z06 Vette
    Yup, what he said. IMO the length is really better unless you need to be running the seat all the way back & then all the way fwd. Little adjustments like on a long drive should not be an issue.

Last edited by froggy47; 08-17-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    07 328i coupe, 95 M3 coupe, 04 Z06 Corvette, 04 Lexus IS300, several SUV's.

I have a Bentley service manual & still want to post this question, thanks.

Check out my DIY videos http://www.youtube.com/user/1947froggy?feature=guide