eBMWParts

Thread: Removal of ABS to straight lines

My Cars
    1996 e36 M3 coupe

Removal of ABS to straight lines

Hello I've been searching the forms for awhile and I've figured out how to trick the system into thinking ASC is off, along with how to remove the ASC throttle body but I want to know how to remove the entire ABS system. Etc. the abs unit and switch it up for just straight lines from the master cylinder to the brakes. I know the two work together. If i missed the form that tells me how to do this please direct me in the right direction. If not please help me figure this out any input is greatly appreciated.

Car is a 1998 e36 M3 sedan manual tran.
    Last edited by chrismisballs; 08-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.

My Cars
    03 M3
    why do you want to do this? Don't understand...

My Cars
    1996 e36 M3 coupe
    Simple I want to control the car, not the car control me

My Cars
    turbo 95 m3 e46 m3 SC
    Quote Originally Posted by canisM3 View Post
    why do you want to do this? Don't understand...
    What I don't understand is why you even find the need to reply, I want to delete my abs pump as well. If you have no help to offer why reply?

Many racers do this, some for space, some for feel(they do not want any interuption), some even for weight(trying to keep the balance after adding say a turbo or a blower).

This option was posted a few weeks back and what I am currently looking into.

http://www.prbmachining-absdeletemanifolds.com/

Aaron

My Cars
    1996 e36 M3 coupe
    cool let me know how it goes

Has anyone else come up with any ideas, I have been going through the forms and still havnt found anything. So far people just say bypass, no one tackles this problem. If this was not my every day car I would start pulling shit out but it is.
    Last edited by chrismisballs; 08-07-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1996 e36 M3 coupe
    Found a couple threads that explain what parts you need. They dont explain hot to get rid of the moduals. If anyone as a DIY on it or can elevate on the matter please post.

Post #3
    http: //forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1846594

Post #6 and #8
    http: //forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1777769&highlight=318+318

just copy what you can the full url is there just remove the spaces. wont let me post url

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Search the track forum and you'll find that the car needs the ABS system to be present to brake efficiently. And if it is your everyday street car then you would benefit from keeping it.

Why do you want to remove it? You shouldn't be engaging ABS on the street at all. You can brake pretty hard before it kicks in. Do you have a malfunction in the system?

My Cars
    1996 e36 M3 coupe
    Ya i want to remove it for track so i can learn my braking threshold.

Also i found the links for the parts need for this to be completed so here it is for people that stumble onto this subject.

(copy and paste below link)

forums. bimmerforums.com /forum /showthread.php?t= 17777 69&highlight=318+318

Post #6 and #8 explain

Remove the spaces and you the webpage sorry its like this but my account wont let me past links yet
    Last edited by chrismisballs; 08-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 Track prepped DASC
    You can learn braking threshold with ABS, I use mine to tell tire temps and pad temps for a gauge on hot laps. Don't get too caught up on changing the car and learn with what you have.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    The car will brake further with the abs working. Without it will lock up easier.

I'm on my phone. No I don't know where you live or how much your asking.

My Cars
    Z1, M3 LTW, 228

Abs

The quickest way to turn off ABS for the track would be to pull the fuses for abs or the relays.

That having been said, if you want to physically remove the pump, that is easy.

Run the master straight to a "T" for the front wheels, and do the back right also, ie account for a "T" if you have a 4 chan system.

But, be aware you must put in some sort of bias valve then as well, probably best to be adjustable as you will no longer have the ABS computer doing that for you.

Personally anyone that is considering removal of ABS for reasons as stated above, is probably not getting the last few tenth out of their car yet where the weight savings will outweigh the improved braking from HAVING ABS.

Maybe a rally car is the exception?
    Last edited by M3 Euro LTW; 08-10-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    Alex Lipowich
    xyobgyn on AOL

Trying to make the world a better place with 5 extra throttle bodies at a time.

My Cars
    1996 e36 M3 coupe
    This is old but I figured this out through a buddy, there will still be fluid in the abs module. Basically you can unplug the abs cable that connects to the tcs which effectively disables the abs controls. Simply and easy. NOW take this with a grain of salt UNDERSTAND what this means. YOUR ABS module will still have fluid therefore will be effected by braking pressure. If you do a brake flush and forget to cycle your module your are going to have a bad time!

- - - Updated - - -

This is old but I figured this out through a buddy, there will still be fluid in the abs module. Basically you can unplug the abs cable that connects to the tcs which effectively disables the abs controls. Simply and easy. NOW take this with a grain of salt UNDERSTAND what this means. YOUR ABS module will still have fluid therefore will be effected by braking pressure. If you do a brake flush and forget to cycle your module your are going to have a bad time!