Thread: advice needed m54b22

My Cars
    1996 BMW E39 520i

advice needed m54b22

hi there, i currently have a e36 92 318is, and few days ago i got from a friend a complet engine m54b22 with all electronics, computer, gas pedal, infact a whole front end of the car...a z3 2002...
    and i am wondering are there much problems to put in my e36...
    because i dont have an ews neither the drive by wire throttle pedal...

so any advice is well appreciated

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    Forget it. To make that engine run in your car will require a standalone engine computer - you simply can't deliver all the signals that computer needs. Expect to pay many thousands of dollars, and I hope you have the transmission, too. And the mid-size diff, and the EWS 3.3 module and wiring and key, and......

And really, if you're going to THAT much trouble and expense, invest in another liter's displacement.
    Last edited by bmwdirtracer; 08-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471

My Cars
    1996 BMW E39 520i
    i have a complete car...why it cannot work? what sensors?

i have all the wiring, the key, the ews module, i wrote that in the upper post...

i have a complete donor car, its a z3 2002

so nobody nothing???

today i pulled out the gas pedal and tthe wiring i prepared, so that is sorted out,
    i have the EWS module and the key and the key ring also prepared...next to do is to cut the wires i dont need and to find time to put the engine in...so any help about the wiring diagrams would be much appreciated...

i want this engine because it has 50000miles, and the engines here in my country all have over 150000, or more...so do you now understand whay i dont put 325 or 328 from e36 in my car...
    Last edited by si8130; 08-05-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost