Thread: Bluetooth code for 3 Series convertible

Bluetooth code for 3 Series convertible

I've just bought a 2006 320 convertible and the Bluetooth pin code is missing from the documentation.

I have already looked under the boot trim near where the CD interchanger fits but can't locate it.

Any suggestions?

My Cars
    Yes
    Read this installation pictorial to find the location of the Bluetooth module in convertibles. You'll find the passkey printed on the label.

http://www.bmwbtinstall.com/

Thanks - looks like I've been looking on the wrong side!

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    I've been there, tore apart my trunk twice before I finally found it, and it was practically right in front of me the whole time

Just unbolt the module and flip it around and the 4 digit code is there on several different labels.

Found it thanks; didn't even need to take it off to see the code, just pulled back the boot trim and stuck my phone underneath, took a picture and there the code was!

My Cars
    330Ci Convertable
    Hello Gentlemen,

I just purchased a 330Ci Convertible. I do not have the books to locate my Pass Key. Where exactly is the Bluetooth Transmitter? Left or Right side in trunk, forward or back of Trunk? I am a long time mechanic, but I don't want to tear into this blindly. Thank you and specific information will be appreciated and if you have any pics.

Timothy

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Drivers side of the trunk. You will need to remove the carpet, and it will be in the rack. If you have a CD/Nav DVD it will be below that in the rack. It will be a long rectangle box, silver in color.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2003 330cic
    That is not precisely correct. That is where you would find it on the sedan, but not the convertible. On the convertible, it is mounted on the driver's side behind the rear passenger seat - the Bluetooth and video modules mount there. You have to go all the way to the back of the trunk and pull the liner and you will find it on the left (from the perspective of standing at the trunk)
    Assist%20B4%20install.jpg