Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Anyone using an aftermarket bluetooth kit for their car?

My Cars
    '18 340i, '89 325i Vert

Anyone using an aftermarket bluetooth kit for their car?

Not the visor ones, but one that actually hooks up to the stereo in the car, like a parrot kit (http://www.amazon.com/Parrot-MKi9100.../dp/B001JL5WA2)

^^ Something like this.

If so, any suggestions?

My Cars
    Fast and slow
    Very interested as well, I need to hook one up to the M3.
    I don't have a signature anymore because Photobucket is fucking stupid.

My Cars
    '97 M3/4/5
    My alpine head unit came with one of the slightly older bluetooth modules. It sounds kind of crappy to the other person, but it's a small sacrifice. I hear the newer ones are better. Read reviews first, it seems to be hit or miss.

My Cars
    '18 340i, '89 325i Vert
    I am looking for one like I posted above, not one that requires an aftermarket face, thee are not really a whole lot of aftermarket radio options for my car.

My Cars
    Car
    There's a great DIY on e46fanatics by Delmarco. It's the Parrott System with another interface called "Connects2". The Connects2 allows you to use your steering wheel controls. I'm running this set-up in my 2002 330i and it works much better than I expected.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I am using a GROM IPD3 adapter with the OEM CD43 radio in my E36 as well as with the CD53 radio in my wifes E46. It gives you telephone and A2DP streaming over bluetooth. Not a bad setup in my opinion.

My Cars
    19 Ascent, 92 325i
    I put a DICE adapter in my wifes x3, which if you have a bmw is probably one of the cleaner installs you can do, as it uses a harness thats already in place. I hide the microphone in the head liner by the sunroof controls, which honestly didn't work that well, as I get road noise at highway speeds.
    2019 Subaru Ascent
    1992 325i M52 Swapped w/S52 Cams and MS ECU
    -Endless Money Pit, Kosei k1s w/245/40/17 Rivals.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I put the microphone in the same spot, near the sunroof controls, and in fact where the BMW BT is mounted, and I also encounter people telling me they can't hear me very well.

My Cars
    2017 F250
    I have a dice mediabridge in the M5. I just wanted it to play music over bluetooth, haven't even hooked up the mic for phone calls. I like it, works fine.

My Cars
    NSX
    I have a Parrot that's interfaced with an Alpine head unit. Works great.

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arby View Post
    There's a great DIY on e46fanatics by Delmarco. It's the Parrott System with another interface called "Connects2". The Connects2 allows you to use your steering wheel controls. I'm running this set-up in my 2002 330i and it works much better than I expected.
    +1 for delmarco's setup. I don't have it, but I've seen his videos for it. Dude has a sweet setup.

I have the OEM bluetooth in my car which works for phone calls. Have been considering finding a way to add music at some point.

My Cars
    Alpine 97 328is
    Interesting ideas ITT. I'm currently looking to upgrade my headunit to something that both looks more OEM and I can get music through bluetooth from.
    Quote Originally Posted by randomy View Post
    I am using a GROM IPD3 adapter with the OEM CD43 radio in my E36 as well as with the CD53 radio in my wifes E46. It gives you telephone and A2DP streaming over bluetooth. Not a bad setup in my opinion.
    I like the sound of that. I've been thinking about a CD43 because I really want my interior to look OEM - I hate how chintzy aftermarket HUs are with their blinking lights and shit. What's the rest of the E36 setup like?
    1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328i Coupe
    try the Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit,i bought it a few month ago and it's great you can stream music and is very easy to install and cheap as well .

My Cars
    2009 328i
    I'm having a Kenwood DNX6190 installed next week. All the reviews for the bluetooth seemed great. Installer is linking the head up to the steering wheel controls. I'll post how it does once complete

My Cars
    323 IC black and tan, 750IL full leather and sport
    I have a brand new Dice media bridge and a factory bluetooth upgrade module from Bimmernav for sale, good price on each

My Cars
    2001 M3 6MT
    Get parrot ck3000 EVO instead, you won't have to worry about where to place LCD display.