Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Summit video footage from this past weekend...

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper

Some Summit video footage from this past weekend...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hreadid=186601

Enjoy ... please right click and save as for bandwidth purposes!

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    James, I didn't know you had a cam in the car. Any video of me? If so, please e-mail it to me at garrett911@aol.com. THANKS.
    Garrett

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Originally posted by Mad Dog 20/20
    James, I didn't know you had a cam in the car. Any video of me? If so, please e-mail it to me at garrett911@aol.com. THANKS.
    Hey, what's up Garrett? I met you at last year's Car Guy's event. I was talking to you at the dinner right before Arian's (sp?) B-day party.

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Hey bro. Where were you last weekend? We had a blast.
    Garrett

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Hey bro. Where were you last weekend? We had a blast.
    My car isn't ready yet. I am making a few changes that are necessary. I REALLY wanted to make it to this event. Oh well, I will be out there soon enough.

Did you go both days??

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Too bad. I went sat only.
    Garrett

My Cars
    C6, '70 'Cuda vert
    Andy you're going to need a trailer for your RACING CAR if you keep adding all those RACING CAR parts...

Nice videos james -- I especially like the one where you illustrate your own line around turn 1!

Quote Originally Posted by MDabney
    "jterp" has no authority here, man...

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Originally posted by jterp
    Andy you're going to need a trailer for your RACING CAR if you keep adding all those RACING CAR parts...
    Going to need to trailer it?? I already do that.:

Even though my RACING CAR is my daily driver, I still trailer it to work.

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    I am making a few changes that are necessary.
    You are getting NAWZZZZZZZZZ???

Garrett - sorry, did not have the autox cam working on Saturday. It is my friend's (c32 amg owner) ... he was nice enough to let me borrow it for a couple of my sessions and I dropped down to film him and the white evo guy. I am probably going to get one though, fairly cheap ... just trying to convince my friend to sell me his old camera and buy a newer one! hehe ...

jterp -- did you like that? I think I was inspired when jerry chan (?) at the skidpad with aryan said that miata's don't have lines. ... Yeah, I messed up that one pretty badly ...
    ... huge difference when braking from 120 mph and braking from 130-135 mph ... must remember that!

Although my C32 friend will not post it; he should post his other lap that I filmed ... he only posted his good lap. At least I am posting my screwups ... heheh ...

My Cars
    C6, '70 'Cuda vert
    Yeah, I messed up that one pretty badly ...
    you didn't mess it up, you were just avoiding the pool of water at the apex!!

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Hey, jterp, did your dad go to this event too?? I wish my dad was into RACING!!

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    You are right, if it was not for my ninja-like reflexes ... I would have hit the deer drinking from that pool of water. To bad the deer is not in the picture; but, I would have hit it if the camera did pick it up.

Luckily, Andy let me borrow one of his 14 copies of the "Too Fast and Too Furious" SIGNED by Paul Walker DVD the night before, and I remembered to yank the e-brake as hard as I could and I was able to drift around that corner!

I owe Andy my life!

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Originally posted by NoSoup4U
    You are right, if it was not for my ninja-like reflexes ... I would have hit the deer drinking from that pool of water. To bad the deer is not in the picture; but, I would have hit it if the camera did pick it up.

Luckily, Andy let me borrow one of his 14 copies of the "Too Fast and Too Furious" SIGNED by Paul Walker DVD the night before, and I remembered to yank the e-brake as hard as I could and I was able to drift around that corner!

I owe Andy my life!
    :

Just make sure you get those DVDs back to me in the condition I gave them to you.:

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Just finished peeping the videos. Nice work. James, you brake LATE. That Evo8 is FAST down the straight, but your late braking eliminated the advantage.
    Garrett

My Cars
    C6, '70 'Cuda vert
    Hey, jterp, did your dad go to this event too?? I wish my dad was into RACING!!
    He didnt make it this time -- he comes down from the north (pittsburgh) and didn't want to be driving the RACING CAR through the snow in the mountains.

He'll be down for some RACING in the summertime though. He has a shelby cobra kit car that he's working on getting ready for the RACING TRACK
    Last edited by jterp; 03-10-2004 at 11:34 AM.

My Cars
    C6, '70 'Cuda vert
    Andy let me borrow one of his 14 copies of the "Too Fast and Too Furious" SIGNED by Paul Walker

Garret- braking late helped, but the dual stage NAWWWZZZ is what really helped him keep up

My Cars
    HKS-2 M3 and 540iT
    Hey, I need to get a video cam, anyway (work-related). I may as well get one that is suitable for track video, too. I know SQUAT about video. Any suggestions re the camera, accessories needed, source, etc? I want something small, durable and user-friendly with "adequate" video quality and pretty good audio.

Thanks.
    Garrett

My Cars
    BMW 330is
    Just finished peeping the videos. Nice work. James, you brake LATE. That Evo8 is FAST down the straight, but your late braking eliminated the advantage.
    Peter is a crazy mofo. He looked like speed racer with that open-face helmet on

He has his car all stripped out and probably an additional 50hpish with his boost controller and exhaust. He's a pretty fast driver (he was only off my exit speeds by a few ticks) partly because he's a crazy mofo. He was hitting about 135-140mph at the end of the straight. I hope he comes out to more of these track events and gets seat time behind the wheel so he can learn the car control that goes along with being a crazy mofo fast driver.

He's also got an E500 and I told him he should tow his RACING CAR to the track with his BENZZZZZZZ. Aryan was trying to talk him into buying a GT3 during lunch. I guess if you're going to go RACING, you should buy the best.

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Originally posted by Pro-Imports
    Peter is a crazy mofo. He looked like speed racer with that open-face helmet on

He has his car all stripped out and probably an additional 50hpish with his boost controller and exhaust. He's a pretty fast driver (he was only off my exit speeds by a few ticks) partly because he's a crazy mofo. He was hitting about 135-140mph at the end of the straight. I hope he comes out to more of these track events and gets seat time behind the wheel so he can learn the car control that goes along with being a crazy mofo fast driver.

He's also got an E500 and I told him he should tow his RACING CAR to the track with his BENZZZZZZZ. Aryan was trying to talk him into buying a GT3 during lunch. I guess if you're going to go RACING, you should buy the best.
    Peter?? Peter Lee who had the black 330ci?? He got into RACING ??

My Cars
    BMW 330is
    Originally posted by Andy
    Peter?? Peter Lee who had the black 330ci?? He got into RACING ??
    I don't know if he had a 330ci? He said he used to have a BMW with 19" RIMZZZZZZ. He said he got mad because people used to ask him if they were 17". I guess BMWs weren't meant for RACING, so he bought a TRUE RACING CAR.

My Cars
    C6, '70 'Cuda vert
    I guess BMWs weren't meant for RACING

ewwww... low blow...

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    Originally posted by Pro-Imports
    I guess BMWs weren't meant for RACING....

I agree. Honduh is where itZZZ at.

My Cars
    BMW 330is
    Originally posted by Andy

I agree. Honduh is where itZZZ at.
    Yes. Look at this Honduh RACING CAR... he's going sideways with a passenger!

Looks what's behind him in this next picture!

Make your own judgements!

My Cars
    C6, '70 'Cuda vert
    my RACING CAR is for sale.
    v-tec here i come!

My Cars
    BMW 330is
    Originally posted by jterp
    my RACING CAR is for sale.
    v-tec here i come!
    I don't even think that Honduh was VTEC. I think it was just a DX Hatchback on street tires! A TRUE RACING CAR!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast