Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Best way to clean carpet

My Cars
    97 540 auto

Best way to clean carpet

What products/process is best to clean the carpet(not the mats)

My Cars
    M-B SL500
    ~ Providing unbiased advice that entry level, enthusiasts, professionals and industry experts trust ~~ TOGWT Blog - Facebook Page

My Cars
    2014 Nissan Maxima
    Thanks for the link

My Cars
    97 540 auto
    Thank you!

My Cars
    BMW 325I, Porsche 911s
    pressure wash carpet or mats at car wash, pre soak with oxyclean solution for about five minutes.....willremove all stains and look like new again!!

My Cars
    Ducati, Miata, Subie
    An old spray bottle, trisodium phosphate (TSP), a little laundry soap, and a wet vac; you're set. The TSP is pretty potent and will remove damn near any stain you come across. You can find this at any hardware store and it's cheap.

Top tip; throw a scoop in the wash if you're washing some really heavily soiled clothes, even if they're drenched in oil. Sick of washing your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher? Add a scoop of TSP...this shit works wonders.

My Cars
    325is
    At the shop we spray degreaser and then solvent on the carpet before scrubbing with hot water. Then suck it all up with an extractor or wet vac. Comes out tits.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by BnGRacing View Post
    An old spray bottle, trisodium phosphate (TSP), a little laundry soap, and a wet vac; you're set. The TSP is pretty potent and will remove damn near any stain you come across. You can find this at any hardware store and it's cheap.

Top tip; throw a scoop in the wash if you're washing some really heavily soiled clothes, even if they're drenched in oil. Sick of washing your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher? Add a scoop of TSP...this shit works wonders.
    Thanks for the tip - I've never heard of it, will try on my trunk mat this weekend.

Update: I just used this on thin trunk floor mat (no board insert in this) and stubborn oil stain came out! I diluted TSP as directed, sprayed it on, let it sit for 20 minutes and pressure washed it.
    Last edited by Mless5; 07-22-2019 at 11:04 AM.