Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Racing track performance ECU DME 96-99 E36 MS41.1

My Cars
    99 E36 M3 VF V3
    So, I've completed two ~30min drives and haven't had an issue. That certainly doesn't rule it out, as the shop who tested the DME said it ran for 1.5h and then randomly stalled twice during a test drive later on. So I'm not out of the weeds but... odds are looking up. My mechanic suspects that it's less about weak pins and more about the EWS deletion.

For those hesitant, I would not let this slow you down or impede your decision to install. I think I'm probably a one off. Seeing as how my other thread has received no attention, I am thinking many people have not experienced this problem.

However, I would caution you for the first three days of driving or so, just to ensure everything worked out OK with the EWS delete. e.g., drive in the right lane, choose routes where you can pull over, etc.

My Cars
    99 E36 M3 VF V3
    Update: Self-test triggered again, so cleaning the leftover dusty flux didn't seem to do the trick. It did eventually start up and ran for about 30ft .. before stalling again. Again, I would not hesitate to go ahead with your ECU install, but I do suggest proceeding with caution for the first while to confirm your EWS deletion went without a hitch. I'd ask if anyone else has experienced this, but I think I am the first/only.
    Last edited by stefan15; 05-04-2013 at 06:03 PM.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by gustnyc View Post
    Anyone else has problems with this ecu? Kind of hesitant to pull the trigger now..
    No. I've sold many. Stefan is the only one who has a problem and I told him to ship it back and I will send him another one but for some reason he comes here and wants to create big drama on my classified add.

Update: broke down again. Pretty scary, almost got rear ended a number of times. It did eventually start up and ran for about 30ft .. before stalling again. Definitely proceed with caution.
    So whats the deal, here, I told you to ship it back. Something is wrong with your car, you claim it is my ECU, I said OK, ship it back and I will send you another one, that's how online buying works. But you keep driving on it and posting every day how car dies.

My Cars
    99 E36 M3 VF V3
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    No. I've sold many. Stefan is the only one who has a problem and I told him to ship it back and I will send him another one but for some reason he comes here and wants to create big drama on my classified add.

So whats the deal, here, I told you to ship it back. Something is wrong with your car, you claim it is my ECU, I said OK, ship it back and I will send you another one, that's how online buying works. But you keep driving on it and posting every day how car dies.
    True. But to be fair, you did suggest I inspect pins first. I wanted to test it after cleaning everything up. Was hoping to save us both some effort. Hence the update, so I'm sorry about that. I'm not trying to create drama or anything, just letting people know to be careful the first couple miles. I don't think that's a horrible thing, and I did mention the ECU itself has been amazing when working. I even said that I believe I am a one-off situation, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious, right? It's just a heads up to people. Like I said, I don't think this isolated incident should affect anyone's decision to buy your ECUs which are clearly very well crafted, as I said, because the tune is excellent. Your track record is essentially perfect.

I can't send your ECU back right away because the only reason I purchased it in the first place was to function as a stopgap while my ECU is off for S/C tuning. It is designed to be a pnp solution, exactly what I needed to avoid the car sitting in the garage without a DME. I can't afford downtime at the moment, and until I updated the post, I wasn't sure if it had fixed itself or not after cleaning up the ECU. So, it's not drama, it's real feedback about your product. Which otherwise is a great product.
    Last edited by stefan15; 05-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i
    just wanted to jump in my quick review/feedback:

i purchased hakentt's track tune back around October 2012 for the purposes of a 3.0 stroker build (project still in progress). until that's complete, i've been running the tune on my 2.8 setup without any major issues. very early on, i experienced a minor issue where my CEL would randomly appear and disappear (INPA fault codes: 203 Lambda control Bank 2 control block and 202 Lambda control Bank 1 control block). these codes didn't affect anything in terms of drive-ability and i checked everything related to these codes and confirmed things were fine on my end. good news is that after a couple weeks of this randomness, the CEL never came back and i have no fault codes to report.

other than this weird hiccup, my experience with the tune has been great. shipping was fast and communication with hakentt has been great so far.

i just can't wait till i get the stroker finished...
    Last edited by MrToSlo; 05-16-2013 at 02:09 PM.

My Cars
    1998 328i
    I'll also chime in. I have not had any issues with my ECU from Hakkentt. He shipped it quick and the engine fired right up. I did have to trace fuel codes that i had, but it turned out to be bad precat O2 sensors. Car when right through and passed inpection right after that. I'd buy from him again. Thank you Hakkentt!

My Cars
    1994 325, 2005 X3
    Hi Hakkentt, can't send you PM. Do you have a perf. tune for stock M54B30 (X3, 12/2004 auto tranny, US market)? PM me, please.
    Last edited by Bolid; 05-27-2013 at 01:26 PM.

My Cars
    bmw
    Hakentt,

I don't have enough posts to PM yet apparently. Can you PM me or email? Have want for 2 ecu's.

Thanks

My Cars
    96 BMW 328I, 97 BMW M3
    Def getting one. I will pm soon
    1996 BMW 328i - SCHWARTZ II /TAN
    1997 BMW ///M3 - ESTORIL / MAGMA
    1997 BMW ///M3 - Alpine III/​MULBERRY

My Cars
    1998 e36
    New September 2013: Slight price drop, improved software.

Now emissions components are coded to be automatic. This means that DME will determine what components are installed and use them. If you remove the component, the ECU will automatically code itself and not use that component.
    Last edited by hakentt; 10-10-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: improved software

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    New September 2013: Slight price drop, improved software.
    Curious ... What are the improvements?

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i
    I'd like to know what the improvements are as well!

Also if we bought the old software, can we get free upgrade?

My Cars
    96 328iS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToSlo View Post
    I'd like to know what the improvements are as well!

Also if we bought the old software, can we get free upgrade?
    Im also in for the new and improved software as I too am a past customer. Wondering about improvements and free upgrade as well...

My Cars
    Poor Man's M3 - 98'328is
    Just installed an ECU from hakentt. Everything worked out great, CEL is off, car fired right up, no issues as of yet. Great communication and fast shipping. I would recommend this to anyone. Thanks again hakentt!

Apex exhaust, DDM tails, CDV free, and BBS style 42's.http://www.facebook.com/people/Peter...ino/1281390058

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328i w/ RB25det
    Quote Originally Posted by 328isTHEsheet View Post
    Just installed an ECU from hakentt. Everything worked out great, CEL is off, car fired right up, no issues as of yet. Great communication and fast shipping. I would recommend this to anyone. Thanks again hakentt!
    +1 on this everything was great and the customer service was 👌

My Cars
    1987 325i

My Cars
    96 328iC 07 X3 3.0
    Just installed the std. ECU and my 96 328iC is back on the road. Thanks Ned

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    PM sent

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by jbouche View Post
    Just installed the std. ECU and my 96 328iC is back on the road. Thanks Ned
    Thanks man, I know you like it.

My Cars
    1986 E30 - M50 3.0
    hey Hakentt,
    a friend of mine has a 2003 330ci with an auto tranny, do you have a performance ecu for that engine/tranny combo?
    if yes, what is the expected output increase?
    thanks in advance buddy

My Cars
    86' 325es 24v turbo
    hey hakentt, i tried to pm you but dont have enough post.
    any way i could exchange my dme for one of these, i wouldnt need to keep my stock dme since its for a swap and am local so i could drop it off whenever works best for you. its a ms41.1 ,clean and worked fine before it was pulled from the donnor car.
    pm me please
    86' 325es has 24v's

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by dranttna View Post
    hey hakentt, i tried to pm you but dont have enough post.
    any way i could exchange my dme for one of these, i wouldnt need to keep my stock dme since its for a swap and am local so i could drop it off whenever works best for you. its a ms41.1 ,clean and worked fine before it was pulled from the donnor car.
    pm me please
    Yeah I remember you, your PM is full, clear some.

My Cars
    86' 325es 24v turbo
    should be empty. you could also email me
    Last edited by dranttna; 02-16-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    86' 325es has 24v's

My Cars
    86' 325es 24v turbo
    edit: double post
    Last edited by dranttna; 02-16-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    86' 325es has 24v's

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3
    hakentt, pm sent.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast