Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: BMW Style 67, 17 inch replicas

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i

BMW Style 67, 17 inch replicas

So, I'm looking to getting some new feet for my car. Mostly because it is getting pretty hard getting decent rubber for the stock standard 15" Style 7 rims that came with the car (1993 BMW 325i).

I've been looking around and these rims came up for sale - they look like Style 67 rims but are 17". I realise that these are bound to be replicas, however unlike most replicas they actually have the square recess for the M-logo as well as the logos themselves. I went to see them today and aside from a bit of kerb rash they look fine. However, I want to make sure that I am not getting some cheap low-quality knock-offs... (Not that I care whether they are genuine BMW or now - all I care about is that they are structually sound.) It looks like someone either cleaned up 3 of the rims or gave the last of the rims a dusting of dark paint to give that smoky looking finish.

Having given google image search my best shot I have been unable to find a comparable item online, so I have no information on which to base my decision whether to buy or not. Consequently I am hoping that someone in here might have some idea about what they are.

The numbers on rims are as follows: 7.5Jx17H2 (along the edge on the back side of the rim. ET: 38 (the ET is molded into the rim while the 38 is stamped into a recess on the back side).

Any and all insights into this matter would be appreciated.

Cheers!

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    One thing I forgot to mention, it says "Made in Italy" on the back of the rims.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325i
    Hmmm, so noone knows anything about these rims. Guess I'll give them a miss then.

My Cars
    1989 325is
    They look like E46 M3 replicas.

My Cars
    E36 M3, E9 CSL. M1

same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmersrule View Post
    They look like E46 M3 replicas.
    I bought an E46 M3 that had these rims on all four wheels. I switched them to my E36. I can't determine where to buy a wheel for a spare.