Thread: I can not find a straight answer anywhere for this.

My Cars
    2001 330i

I can not find a straight answer anywhere for this.

OK, I have asked this question in another forum, no matter how I word it I still can't get a straight answer. Yes I have searched and read through a countless number of threads but could not find the answer to MY question.

Here it goes. I am going to word this as simple as possible I have a 1998 328I WITH ACS+T

The Intake boot AND the hose leading to Idle Air Control valve valve is cracked. I am replacing these parts. Doing so I am just going to get rid of the Secondary ASC Throttle body. Simple question, I am about to pull my hair out right now and I don't want to order the incorrect part just to have to send it back, I have searched for hours but nothing is mentioned about just using the original hose and just changing the boot or having to swap them.

With THIS intake boot

Do I Use THIS IAC valve vacuum line? (the one that came with the car) It is listed for cars WITH ASC+T

OOOR do I get the one for cars WITHOUT ASC+T since I am installing the ASC throttle body delete boot.

In layman's terms, when you swapped the boot out to do the ASC Throttle body delete mod did you have to change out the Idle Air Control Valve hose or did it just plug right in?

Thanks

My Cars
    Alpine Vert
    While I have NOT done this "mod", I have removed the IAC to clean it and also replaced that elbow. I can attest to the fact that the IAC hose is flexible enough that it will not make a difference. Your existing IAC hose will fit right into the new elbow.

casperlynn is offline Ghost in the machine BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    96 Stg2 M3 clone
    just did a M52 manifold install and ASC delete. The stock/original IAC hose works perfectly fine. I used the boot you depicted.
    Last edited by casperlynn; 06-27-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    S52, AA C38-81 stage 2 aftercooled supercharger (14 PSI), Meth injection, Gatorback belts, Provent 200 oil separator, ARP studs, VAC MLS head gasket, SAP delete, ASC delete, TB heating delete, CCV delete, post cat O2 sensors delete, vanos mechanical jam delete, M50 intake mani, Mishimoto radiator, 155f thermostat, Stewart pump, euro diesal fan, CES overflow tank, AEM digital gauges, Bavarian coils, BMP tuned headers, Magnaflow true duals exhaust, E60 530i ZF manual 6 speed, UUC EVO 3 shifter, stage 2 E46 UUC clutch with Fidanza FW, M3 front brakes/spindles, E46 328i rear brakes, adjustable rear camber arms, adjustable camber plates on Yellow DPS coil-overs, M3 crossbrace, Staggered 255/45Z and 235/40Z BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 2's on 17's, 3.91 LSD, MM aluminum underpanel, Z3 steering rack, UUC sways.
    ]]]

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    Quote Originally Posted by mchratliff View Post
    OK, I have asked this question in another forum, no matter how I word it I still can't get a straight answer. Yes I have searched and read through a countless number of threads but could not find the answer to MY question.

Here it goes. I am going to word this as simple as possible I have a 1998 328I WITH ACS+T

The Intake boot AND the hose leading to Idle Air Control valve valve is cracked. I am replacing these parts. Doing so I am just going to get rid of the Secondary ASC Throttle body. Simple question, I am about to pull my hair out right now and I don't want to order the incorrect part just to have to send it back, I have searched for hours but nothing is mentioned about just using the original hose and just changing the boot or having to swap them.

With THIS intake boot

Do I Use THIS IAC valve vacuum line? (the one that came with the car) It is listed for cars WITH ASC+T

OOOR do I get the one for cars WITHOUT ASC+T since I am installing the ASC throttle body delete boot.

In layman's terms, when you swapped the boot out to do the ASC Throttle body delete mod did you have to change out the Idle Air Control Valve hose or did it just plug right in?

Thanks
    Get all of the parts, take the old stuff off and put the new stuff on, then return any new stuff that you didn't use.

I'm not sure why you would want to remove the ASC+T anyway. You can defeat it any time you want by pushing the button.

My Cars
    03 540i
    Either one will work and It makes the airflow smoother. Asc is most certainly a restriction

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Thanks guys This forum is awsome and I always come here and 99% of the time, find out what I need to know and read up on some very helpful DIY guides.

The reason I am deleting the ASC Throttle body is because
    1. It doesn't work
    2. Less restrictions on the airflow intake
    3. The ASC boot is $36 compared to the $20 and some change, $16 for beer and snacks after getting the job done! What questions me is why does the boot FOR ASC+T cost nearly twice as much yet it's less material (shorter)

Nevertheless, It's only a warm/sunny weather car. I have another one with all the Winter/Wet package that got me through some very rough times on icy roads.