BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 2000 750iL v12

My Cars
    2008 X5
    --PRICE DROP 2--
    Well, I think it's time to move on from my 7. Sad day for me, but perhaps an opportunity for someone out there. Here are some pics and if you have questions let me know. I'm asking $6500 OBO and she has just under 174,500 miles.

New alternator was put in two months ago and the ABS unit is getting rebuilt next week. Other than that, she is mechanically sound with no known issues. If I keep her she's due for an oil change and transmission flush this summer. Most of my time has been spent on cosmetic issues, but the cup-holders, glove-box and quarter shades all work. The interior has been blacked out with new headliner and ABC pillars. I painted all the plastic bits to match as well. Euro arm rest from Romania and Umnitza AEs. You can see the clear corners and LED tails in the pics. The wheels are staggered m-pars and were added after these pics were taken (purchased from AquilaBMW on the forums). Thanks for looking!

Last edited by danimal669; 07-13-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Margaret ~ 2008 X5 ~ black on black, sport, nav, convenience, comfort, 20in "Y" spoke

**SOLD** Pearl ~ 2000 750iL ~ black on black, 750iLP Brake upgrade, 3.15 sport differential, chrome line package, euro armrest, factory sub delete, staggered m-pars, umnitza angel eyes, clear corners, LED tails, black headliner, piano black vinyl shadow-line, DICE Mediabridge **SOLD**

My Cars
    2001 750iL Sport
    Hi!

Have you recently done an of the other typical E38 jobs like radiator, suspension, etc? Also, I see/read you had attempted some DIY Shadowline. (I did the same with mine.) Is it only done on the passenger windows?

I am trying to get back into a E38 750. The miles/distance from me are a little but of a deterrent though. Look forward to hearing back from you...
    Last edited by board57796; 06-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Buck - 2001 750iL
    3.15 Sport Rear Differential - M-Sport Steering Wheel - Bi-Xenon Headlights
    B&G Lowering Springs - M-Sport Seats - 15mm Spacers - Muffler Delete

My Cars
    2008 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by board57796
    Hi!

Have you recently done an of the other typical E38 jobs like radiator, suspension, etc?

Is it only done on the passenger windows?
    Thanks for the interest. I have not done the radiator as everything has worked well. I did have the front 7 piece suspension installed about 4 months ago. Big improvement.

The shadowline was done on the top strip passenger side only. My job was acceptable, but given the time it took I was going to have it redone by a pro.

The alternator was replaced 5 months ago also.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
    Margaret ~ 2008 X5 ~ black on black, sport, nav, convenience, comfort, 20in "Y" spoke

**SOLD** Pearl ~ 2000 750iL ~ black on black, 750iLP Brake upgrade, 3.15 sport differential, chrome line package, euro armrest, factory sub delete, staggered m-pars, umnitza angel eyes, clear corners, LED tails, black headliner, piano black vinyl shadow-line, DICE Mediabridge **SOLD**

My Cars
    2001 750iL Sport
    Do you have any more recent pictures?

Buck - 2001 750iL

My Cars
    99 740i,535xi,z4 mcoupe
    Wish you were local car looks great!

My Cars
    2008 X5
    --PRICE DROP--

Quote Originally Posted by board57796
    Do you have any more recent pictures?
    I don't, but I can try and take some in the next few days to show the staggered stance. I'll get the headliner too.

Quote Originally Posted by jhstealth
    Wish you were local car looks great!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by danimal669; 07-01-2012 at 07:11 AM.

My Cars
    2008 X5
    Price drop: $6500 OBO
    Last edited by danimal669; 07-13-2012 at 10:54 AM.

My Cars
    2x01 750, 01 740
    Holy crap it's board!

My Cars
    2001 750iL Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by psjr View Post
    Holy crap it's board!

Buck - 2001 750iL

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330csi
    so has it been sold

My Cars
    2008 X5
    Nope, still available

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330csi
    danimal669 do you know if someone could switch out the seats for the ones with the tray table and vanity mirror in the rear

My Cars
    2008 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmooth
    danimal669 do you know if someone could switch out the seats for the ones with the tray table and vanity mirror in the rear
    Yes I believe that mod is still possible even though my comfort seats have the wood along the back. You just have to source the tray and vanity mirrors in black.

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330csi
    hey been looking around but yours seems to be the nicest 750il out there. Just got my first bimmer last year (mid life) I guess.... but there is nothing like (BMW) it its a convert but a lil small for me to keep getting in and out so looking to get something bigger.... want to see what your DIY work looks like headliner and the staggered wheels.... got some quotes on how much to transport it....not cheap but were talkin 2718 miles....BTW do you have the button for the fold up mirrors and the foot rest for it

My Cars
    2008 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmooth View Post
    hey been looking around but yours seems to be the nicest 750il out there.
    Thank you!

want to see what your DIY work looks like headliner and the staggered wheels....
    I'm uploading the pics now...
    wheels:

Headliner:

Here's the entire album link: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj536/danimal669/

BTW do you have the button for the fold up mirrors and the foot rest for it
    The mirrors on mine don't fold, but I believe it's something that can be modded. Yes, I have the original footrests. They're in good condition.

PM me or email me if you have any additional questions. Thanks for the interest!

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330csi
    thanks for the other photos.... it looks and sounds great.. the headliner looks great did you do the whole thing by yourself?

My Cars
    2008 X5
    thanks for the other photos.... it looks and sounds great.. the headliner looks great did you do the whole thing by yourself?
    I did everything except recover the pieces. I had that done by a pro installer. So I took everything apart, cleaned them, and re-installed them. I painted the gray plastic bits and the visors so that they would match. My plan was to do the visors in new cloth another time. The only item not complete now is the sun roof card which has been painted black in the meantime. It was starting to get hot in the car with it being summer and all, so I just threw it back in. The plan was to recover it in the same material with a thinner pad, but I haven't had time to source that yet.

Talk to you soon.

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330csi
    what is the gas mileage you are getting now.... what do you think about dinan upgrades.. oh did the ABS get done
    Last edited by ksmooth; 07-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.

My Cars
    2008 X5
    what is the gas mileage you are getting now.... what do you think about dinan upgrades.. oh did the ABS get done
    I'm getting about 17mpg between highway and city driving. I've only done a bit of research on Dinan, but my understanding is that there aren't really any mods from Dinan for the 750s that make a difference. I have not done the abs module yet. I can deduct that from the asking price if you're interested in buying the car.

Here's my contact info if you want to talk. I see that you probably can't PM people yet.
    510-996-2281
    Last edited by danimal669; 07-09-2012 at 10:53 AM.

My Cars
    S600,750,325iS,LX470,QX4
    Is the headliner black/dark grey? or it light grey? Most the black/black 750's I have seen have light grey headliners.

My Cars
    2008 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless7
    Is the headliner black/dark grey? or it light grey? Most the black/black 750's I have seen have light grey headliners.
    The oem original headliner color was light gray. It was sagging so I took the opportunity to change the color when I fixed the sag. It is now black. Maybe it doesn't come across well in the pics.

My Cars
    00 750iL 01 S8 96 Vette
    How's the water pump? Belts?

any eastbound trips planned? I live in NY / Long Island. Maybe would consider flying you back non-stop from JFK-SFO.

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330csi
    well if you come east bound come down to ATL and I will meet you there and fly you back from there!!! a lot closer than NY

My Cars
    2008 X5
    well if you come east bound come down to ATL and I will meet you there and fly you back from there!!! a lot closer than NY
    Sorry for not updating this sooner. Things are looking up these days and I've decided to keep Alice awhile longer. Thank you to those who were interested. Good luck with your search!

My Cars
    2003 bmw 330csi
    Glad things are better for you and you are able to keep Alice..... If you lived closer it would have been a different outcome....