Hay all. I searched the forums extensively and really couldn't find a decent headlight repair DIY for regular halogen headlight adjuster repair. I found countless DIY threads for CCFL projector headlights and also for the auto leveling headlights, but not just plain old halogen headlights.

So, here is my attempt at a DIY thread for the regular old halogen headlights. Once you get into it, it is really quite simple.

First, start by removing the plugs from the headlight bulbs. Don't forget about the turn signal bulb harness,

Then, take out the four screws holding the headlight assy onto the car.
Two at the top:

And two at the bottom.

Pull straight out on the headlight assy and it will clear the car.

Next, locate the six tabs holding the lens onto the reflector assy. There are two on the very top of the headlight. These may have been melted together slightly at the factory to bond them. Be careful and use a flatblade screw driver to pry up on the tabs to unlock the tabs. There is another one on the angled part of the headlight toward the grills, and three on the bottom. Pop each one and the lens will separate from the bulb
housing.

Next, take the sealing boots around the bulb housings loose from their ridges and slip them inside the housing. I took the headlight bulbs out to keep from damaging them during the process.

Next, at least in my case, the only thing holding the headlight reflector assy to the housing was the pivot point of the reflector assy. Both adjusters were brittle as hell and broken completely, hence the reason for the repair. Be careful when trying to separate the reflector assy from the housing. Use a little force and the two should just snap apart.

Pin:

Socket:

I had some remnants of the old adjusters on the adjuster screws. Simply unscrew the old pieces off the adjuster screws.

The new adjusters come in a kit. One kit for each side. I got mine from my local BMW dealership. I am sure there are less expensive versions on the net, but I am impatient and this kit was only $26 from BMW.

Then screw the new adjusters back onto the adjuster screws. Use the remnants to determine where the new ones go.

Next, I had to remove the remnants of the old adjusters from the sockets on the housing. They were so brittle that I used a drill bit slightly smaller than the old adjuster and they kind of crumbled out of the socket.

All that is left is to line up all of the adjusters with their respective sockets and snap them together.

Line up the headlight lens to the housing and carefully snap all the tabs back down. Make sure all 6 seat properly so that moisture doesn't enter the headlight assy. Re-install the headlight onto the car and re-secure with the 4 screws removed previously. Plug in the light harness connectors to their respective lights and adjust the lights according to the Bentley.

Enjoy your new properly aimed headlights!