Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battery Drain issue

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    As an update to this thread, had another local E31 (J-spec this time) with basically the same problem of the blower fan running, water valve clicking, with the car off, keys removed. Replaced the A15 (15 minute job) and will wait a day or two to verify with the customer that the problem has been resolved. The A15 has a couple of small capacitors inside so it appears possible that they are now perhaps going the way of the GM capacitors and a "refurb" (capacitor r&r) may bring the A15 back to life. I now have one known bad and one suspected bad for experimentation by those handier with a soldering iron than I. May take them to Texas for SPM to play with when I am there in early March.
    I fear that as these cars age, failures in more of the 18 or so controllers in the car will start to rear their ugly heads causing diagnostic nightmares, gnashing of teeth and hair pulling.
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca

My Cars
    BMW 850 CSi Individual
    So how did it went with the fix? I looked at the ETM and for me it's pure chinese. I am asking since I have similar problems: key out of the ignition and the blower still works, if it's left on; if I close it from the button, I can hear a humming from under the dash, and the batteries won't catch the day light and are dead (they are 2 years old, so I don't think they are week).

Best regards

My Cars
    1991 E31 850i - 1994 E34 530
    Thanks to all for solving the issue of "the blower fan running, water valve clicking, with the car off, keys removed. After a lot of muttering I searched the site and came across the solution. Could possibly rename it to be more specific for future searches.
    Removed A15, opened it up and gave it a good clean, put it back and all resolved - will see how long it behaves! Unit has two 1uf 63v capacitors that could be the issue, so will get some should they be needed.
    Best regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123