Thread: Need Paint Shop Recommendation - Fairfield CTY, CT

My Cars
    '01 740i sport, VW TDI

Need Paint Shop Recommendation - Fairfield CTY, CT

Hello there-

The stone chips on my hood are really bugging me... so I have decided to get it repainted.

Previous owner must have made common practice of tailgating trucks or something - perhaps I should be happy the miles were highway instead of town?

Anyway, could anyone recommend an excellent paint shop in Fairfield CTY Connecticut?

Have hard-to-match red metallic ;(

Also getting windshield replaced for same reason (my good deal on this car is getting "less good")!!

It is an infrared w/rain sensor.

Asked my local dealer and they use Danbury Glass (in CT) exclusively for all their work. Call the glass outfit and explained to them I am a fanatic and would be quite upset if the F*ed up my car. They assured me that they have one guy there that only does high end cars, excusively all the BMW stuff, but will only do the work at the dealer through the dealer because they will only use OEM parts, etc. I asked the dealer and they said it's almost like having their own guy that does nothing but glass on these cars.

Think I'll go that route on the window..

Thanks, Ray

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i

Thumbs up

to red740is,

I live in New Fairfield, CT - I can recommend New Fairfield Auto Body - talk to Woodie - the owner.

They have done good wook for me - my wife wrecked my Jeep several years ago. They did good.

They also repainted my front bumper on my SILVER V70 R wagon - good job. They do a lot of high end and some restoration work as well. If you go to Danbury glass - check them out, only 12 miles further.

If (and I hope not) I ever need work on my 740is Cosmos they will do the work. Best I can offer from a transplanted Texan - I could recommend several there.

My Cars
    '01 740i sport, VW TDI

Thanks!

I live in Redding, so I will go see them.

Thanks again.. Ray

My Cars
    '00 740il, '05 XC70, '94 F-350, '87 Regal Turbo
    Ray - I am in Newtown and have used Crossroads Autobody in Danbury. They did first rate work on my Suburban and K2500HD - - clean, neat, do what they say they will and the quality was better than factory.

Good luck!

Tom