Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Disabling the BMW Auto Start/Stop System

My Cars
    bmw e90
    guys quick question, why does my e90 shut down by itself at times even if the auto start stop is disabled? and sometimes when the stop start is enabled, when i am still moving at approx 10-15mph, the car shuts down by itself and i have to press the start button again. Thanks.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Quote Originally Posted by aubbzz View Post
    guys quick question, why does my e90 shut down by itself at times even if the auto start stop is disabled? and sometimes when the stop start is enabled, when i am still moving at approx 10-15mph, the car shuts down by itself and i have to press the start button again. Thanks.
    e90 doesn't have auto start stop... You have other problems
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    bmw e90
    it does. do you want me to post a picture of it? its a 2009 318i se to be specific. i just pressed the button to turn of the auto start stop an hour ago and the car still shut itself and i have to press and turn on the auto start stop again to start the car

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    It sounds like your car is stalling, as opposed to being shut off by the Auto Start/Stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Quote Originally Posted by aubbzz View Post
    it does. do you want me to post a picture of it? its a 2009 318i se to be specific. i just pressed the button to turn of the auto start stop an hour ago and the car still shut itself and i have to press and turn on the auto start stop again to start the car
    Are you in the U.S.? I've never ever seen one in the U.S.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    2000 540i Dinan,2015650i
    There is a button above or below the start button. It should have something like an A with an arrow around it. Push it and it should turn off.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably should have read the whole post.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328xi
    all you have to do is off and on the break or shimmy the wheel and it goes back on if you don't want to do that just press the button. Im sure this guy drives around with 2 feet of snow on top of his or her car lol pure lazy.

My Cars
    '18 F87 ///M2
    The Auto Stop will stay off once you turn it off as long as you don't put the car in ECO mode. Just turn it off - it's really that simple. ECO mode is worthless anyway, so if you never switch to ECO, it's basically off permanently. Swithching to and from Sport mode back to Normal mode doesn't affect the AutoStop.

My Cars
    f30 335i
    a simple press on the button cant be that hard, i admit it. but when one always forget that, when switching between sport/comfort/eco(yeah im not sure why i even use this on my 335i, totally wasteless). its just an annoying thing. it should be ME who decides wether i want this feature or not ON or OFF. its like a protective workshop for retards, pretty similar to APPLE and there OS on the phones.....

My Cars
    '13 335i 6MT Sport
    Just got a 335i 6MT and I turn it off immediately when I start the car since I want the car to warm up a bit before it shuts off again. However, after driving on the highway for a while, maybe 20 miles, I notice that the auto start/stop is turned back on. Why is that? What triggers it to turn off again during the drive? Shouldn't it stay turned off until I turn the ignition off again? How much does it cost to have the dealer change the logic to remember the last setting?

- - - Updated - - -

I just read a previous post. Turning it to ECO MODE on the highway turns auto stop/start back on? WTF? joec1101, why is econ mode not worth it?

My Cars
    X4 i35
    Without getting into the politics, moral, economic, performance or any other debate about pros/cons... has anyone actually found a way to turn off the default stop/start?

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530d
    Honestly, I only read this page so I'm referring only to Itsdrake (who gives no info whatsoever).
    Yes, I coded an F10 to have start/stop disabled by default.
    I haven't tested if it's re-enabled in eco mode.

My Cars
    e46, e39

It's not a Beamer (that's a motorcycle), it's a Bimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Robeemer View Post
    Thanks to the contributors to this forum for I am now reassured that I can have the auto start stop on my new Beamer reprogrammed to start in last setting by default. It must have been a compliance or political correctness issue that caused BMW to make auto engine off by default, thus satisfying the greens but driving any vehicle owner with the system crazy. Anyway, I was amazed by the number of contributors who's road and traffic conditions must be so laid back and forgiving that a few seconds of a dead or spluttering engine (and not thinking damn, forgot to press the button...will it start?) has never given them a scare. Try it in London and be prepared for road rage at best and a crash at worst at right turns (i.e. left turns in Europe and US). Besides, a Beamer is for those who enjoy exercising sharp reactions and who don't want to waste time getting there.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Quote Originally Posted by chris30o0 View Post
    Honestly, I only read this page so I'm referring only to Itsdrake (who gives no info whatsoever).
    Yes, I coded an F10 to have start/stop disabled by default.
    I haven't tested if it's re-enabled in eco mode.
    AFAIK, the auto start-stop can't be coded to be "disabled", but it can be coded to be in "last-user" mode when the vehicle is started, which accomplishes essentially the same thing if you turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    You are correct. It is "last user mode". If it's off when you turn off the car, it will be off when you start the car.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234