Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coding a new (used) DME to an E46

My Cars
    Many
    Barareca, I have a 03 325 with a bad ms45.1 DME. I have a used DME that needs to be reprogrammed. Are you able to change the chassis number in the used DME & make it work with the existing ews & key? Thank you, jim

- - - Updated - - -

Barareca, I have a 03 325 with a bad ms45.1 DME. I have a used DME that needs to be reprogrammed. Are you able to change the chassis number in the used DME & make it work with the existing ews & key? Thank you, jim

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblaz1 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Is the original dme working still, somewhat?

They can be cloned easily.
    If you don't get hold of bawareca (he's awesome), let me know and I can do it for you.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S

My Cars
    1995 BMW 328
    No warranty of any kind implied or given and no liability for any loss, damage or injury, no matter how incurred accepted.

My Cars
    2003 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by zheina740 View Post
    Hey guys,

2002 325xiT 5speed
    I was driving down the interstate and the car just died... Vehicle has 153,000 miles.

Tried starting it but it just cranks but won't start so I towed it home.
    I diagnosed it with inpa/Bmw scanner p.a soft 1.4. I get the "crankshaft position sensor no signal" error.. I went ahead and purchased all three oem sensors the crankshaft sensor and both camshafts sensors (intake and exhaust)

Tried starting it again.. same problem.. cranks but won't start.
    *checked fuel pressure at the rail and it's fine.

I proceeded by removing the coilpacks and the spark plugs and doing a visual test checking to see if I have spark, cylinders 3 and 4 are the only ones getting spark upon cranking. Swapped around the coilpacks and still only getting spark at 3 and 4.
    Diagnosed again and still getting "crankshaft postion sensor no signal" message.

recent maintenance:
    *changed fuel pump
    *changed fuel filter
    *changed spark plugs
    *replaced with coil packs from my e38

My mechanic suspects the DME...

I'm looking to buy a used DME off a 2002 325i and swap the AM29F00BB chip, will I need to flash the DME to make it compatible with a XI?
    For anybody that might be in this situation, the M52TU and M54 supply a reference voltage to the crank sensor. If the sensor shorts to ground when it fails it will blow a fuse in the Ebox. These fuses are separate from the rest of the fuses in a small black box. Replacing the crank sensor won't do anything until you replace the blown fuse as well. I been there, took a while to figure that one out.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 330xi

325i DME

Quote Originally Posted by nonturbodan View Post
    For anybody that might be in this situation, the M52TU and M54 supply a reference voltage to the crank sensor. If the sensor shorts to ground when it fails it will blow a fuse in the Ebox. These fuses are separate from the rest of the fuses in a small black box. Replacing the crank sensor won't do anything until you replace the blown fuse as well. I been there, took a while to figure that one out.
    Hey, zheina740, I have a 2002 325i (11/01 manufacture date) DME I can sell if you're interested.

My Cars
    99 3' E46 316i 1.9

Chip Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Unvme336 View Post
    Which chip?
    Did this work for you ?i
    So i fired my old DME , i have replaced it with Donor DME and EWS and key , the donor key is a diamond key that had been tampered with , opened and non recharable battery put in , lasted about 2 weeks fine , then big problem , crank no start , antitheft code , tracked the problem to the key , now the DME and EWS rolling code is out
    so should i get a new donor set or should i try to change this chip and go back to the non donor EWS and Key transponder ?
    i know this is an old thread but i do need some help here
    thanks for any advice

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123