Thread: Koni Yellow Sports/ Vogtland - best settings?

My Cars
    540i/6 M-sport GA65474

Koni Yellow Sports/ Vogtland - best settings?

I'm hoping to get these installed tomorrow (Koni Yellow Sports Adjustable) along with my Vogtland springs, new 3mm pads and new upper mounts.

Any recommendations for the best settings out of the box?

Gone but not forgotten:
    '95 540i/6 M-Sport. GA65474. Alpineweiss/Parchment.
    Supercharger project

My Cars
    1989 535i Manual
    soft front stiffer rear? Idk, thats what sways are set to so it could be related.

My Cars
    540i/6 M-sport GA65474
    Soft enough for DD, yet firm enough to handle a track day event if I so desire. Is that possible? How many clicks from full firm or full soft are recommended? ....And since the rear will be more difficult to adjust later, what is the best all around setting?

Gone but not forgotten:
    '95 540i/6 M-Sport. GA65474. Alpineweiss/Parchment.
    Supercharger project

My Cars
    95 540i/6 M, 87 535is
    I'd start in the middle, put them on. Drive around before putting interior back together and make adjustments until it feels right.
    1995 BMW 540i/6 M sport, Cosmos Metallic
    Black

Dinan ECU/Trumpet,B&B Exhaust,3.15lsd,Koni sports and H&R springs,UUC SSK, AKG poly RTAB, Powerflex SF bushings,
    RevShift Motor Mounts, M5 Executive interior, Turner Spacers 15mm

My Cars
    94 M5T
    odds are once the rears are in, you're not going to mess with them. You need to remove, compress and twist to adjust the rears. Not convenient. That said, i'd probably shoot for the middle on the rears. There are no 'clicks', you've got about 2 turns of adjustment, so i'd say one turn from full soft.

I recently did my touring with lowtechs, i wanted to be conservative since it's a driver, and did half a turn from full soft on the rear. It's close, but if i were doing it now i'd probably to 3/4 turn from soft. I've got the 20mm nurburgring sway bar in the back, so that does compensate a bit with regards to roll stiffness, so overall i'm happy. Haven't had it on the track, but then again i probably never will (at least not until i have a b40/6 speed in it)
    Small adjustments make a noticeable difference, i.e. 1/8 turn at a time.

Fronts are easy to adjust with the knob installed.
    Mike
    93 M5 3.8 Sterling Silver/Black (euro)
    94 M5 Touring Madeiraschwarz/Black
    80 745i (project)
    83 735i / 5 speed (euro)
    86 745i

My Cars
    '91 e34 535 Twin Screw'd
    I would suggest starting with them on the softest setting, you can only adjust rebound on koni's and if this is set too high the car will ride harshly but not go any quicker. The adjustment is mainly to compensate for when they wear out and to tune the transients front/rear slightly.

With them set to the softest setting if the car understeers on turn-in then tighten up the rears a bit (not too much or you may get lift off oversteer), if it oversteers on turn-in tighten up the fronts a bit.

BRENDAN - Put a SOHC in it!