RM European Auto Parts
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: URGENT!!! The car turns off !!!URGENT

My Cars
    2007 BMW 535d Sedan
    Thanks man for the forum.Official BMW Service told me that all the 6 injectors are bad. Now here's another thing. The final price is 5200euros which consists of putting 6 new injectors and a new high-pressure pump.Now,the car starts-up normally when cold, and then after a minute or two when it heats up, the car turns off. In that case is it possible that the high-pressure pump is foul or the whole thing is just a set up from BMW Service so they get the 5200euros(6,525 US Dollars) ?

P.S the car works normally when it's cold, usual rpm, you know what I mean.

Now my question is, Is it possible that these symptoms are caused by the MAF ???
    Last edited by bmw535d2007; 06-22-2012 at 06:36 AM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 sedan
    You should ask them alot of questions, especially why they came to the conclusion you need all that work. And what tests they performed. As dirt racer stated it sounds very fishy. Especially if there trying to sell you the high pressure mechanical fuel pump. Along with all 6 injectors.

At this point I would be getting a second opinion from another shop. Preferably one with a good reputation in your area. That knows bmw diesels.

Also I suggest you tell your story on that uk forum I sent you. They might be able to help. Or at least find you a shop that can help you.

My Cars
    95 325Is, 85 325E
    the only way i can see you needing that much work is if there was a mechanical failure in the high pressure fuel pump that contaminated and damaged all 6 injectors, trust me, its happened before..but if it was all really that bad, the car probably wouldnt run at all, because when high pressure fuel pumps fail enough to affect the injectors, its usually a catastrophic thing that leaves the vehicle dead in the water

My Cars
    2007 BMW 535d Sedan
    thanks again all of you. By the way i've posted my story on BMW Land forum.We'll see what are the responds going to be.I'll keep you updated.
    p.s i'm taking my car to my mainland, and i'll fix it there..

My Cars
    2007 BMW 535d Sedan
    What's up folks? It's me again.. So, I decided to continue my holiday, get some rest of everything.I'm fixing my car in Athens in BMW Official Service.They gave me a price of 2500euros for 4 new injectors which I accepted.So that's it.Thank you very much.All of you.Best regards, Stamen.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 525

I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by bmw535d2007 View Post
    What's up folks? It's me again.. So, I decided to continue my holiday, get some rest of everything.I'm fixing my car in Athens in BMW Official Service.They gave me a price of 2500euros for 4 new injectors which I accepted.So that's it.Thank you very much.All of you.Best regards, Stamen.
    Can You tell me what was wrong with your car? I have the same problem, and the guys from AUTO FUS DEALER in Warsaw don't know what is going on with my car. Please help me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12