Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Dumbass of the year award

My Cars
    99 M44 318is
    found this so funny i put a link to it on the
    irish e36owners.net haha

My Cars
    97 328i
    Wow, cool story! Plus, I've had the car for 15 years now and just figured out I have a double lock feature lol. It took us 12 years to figure out we could scroll through the on board computer with the end of the turn signal.

My Cars
    1999 M3 vert
    Quote Originally Posted by mt_goat View Post
    It took us 12 years to figure out we could scroll through the on board computer with the end of the turn signal.
    Whaaaaaaaat????? How?

My Cars
    2000 540i/6 89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by peterson328is

Whaaaaaaaat????? How?
    Push it "in". Took me 3 e36's to find that out! Lol

My Cars
    00 Mshoe
    ^ yup. I accidently found it when I tried to indicate and I saw my OBC popped on

My Cars
    (2) '83 320iS, '97 528i
    At the risk of reigniting the flames:
    To the OP - Did you maintain situational awareness when you came out to your car? Good to be sure no one else was hiding in the bushes, around the side of the house, etc, and not be so focused on one thing that you neglect to monitor what's going on around you. After I was sure things were under control, I think I'd have gone back to the garage and returned with a gas can and a lighter. Now that would have produced a photogenic response form the turd in your car.

flyfishvt - I was disapointed with myself at the way I responded to your handgun hysteria. Anyone competent in self defense and firearms knows that a handgun is a secondary weapon, especially in this scenario. The proper weapon would be a short barreled 12 ga shotgun. Longer sight radius & better accuracy under stress, no danger of putting a round through an adjacent dwelling and a reputation for having a calming effect on perps when they see that big ol'barrel pointin' at 'em.
    Another point I neglected to make is that beyond the loss of property are the profound negative psychological effects crime victims suffer. Anger, a sense of victimization, loss of any feeling of security, etc. for a long time after and that aint cool. Have you ever been robbed, burglarized, or worse, or are you pontificating from an academic liberal bubble? That being said, the fishing invite still stands. DO NOT bring Ben & Jerry with you.

carwiz008 - As for the $6mm average value of a human life, I'm assuming that's based upon the average lifetime earnings. The key word here is average. The punk in the car will finish in the -3 sigma region of the curve, and on the left end of that. At least you had a rational argument, and I respect that.

"Pistol grip pump on my lap at all times, pistol grip pump on my lap at all times. You can be fuckin' with other niggas' shit, but you better not be fuckin' with mine"
    - Rage Against the Machine
    Last edited by e21Terry; 08-16-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    "The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whisky. By dilligent effort, I learnt to like it." Sir Winston Churchill

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3 5-speed
    So freaking funny, what a dumbass...

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328 IS Coupe
    That is awesome!!
    Is you alarm stock or aftermarket? I really like that double push lock deal. Will go back and read that part again.
    Thanks for a funny ass story.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Whatever happened to this putz?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    1997 328i
    What a great read. In Texas this crime is part of the castle doctrine and you could feasibly shoot and kill the perp. I have a pistol with me everywhere I go sans places that they are banned or businesses with 30.06 posted. Those businesses don't get my patronage. It's unfortunate that our culture has become protectionist. Police officers are awesome, but, they can't be everywhere at once.

My Cars
    '99 M3 / '98 328i
    This is probably the best thread I've taken the time to read through entirely. Too funny.

My Cars
    e36m3/4/5, e46330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaput View Post
    What a great read. In Texas this crime is part of the castle doctrine and you could feasibly shoot and kill the perp. I have a pistol with me everywhere I go sans places that they are banned or businesses with 30.06 posted. Those businesses don't get my patronage. It's unfortunate that our culture has become protectionist. Police officers are awesome, but, they can't be everywhere at once.

You forgot the 51% sign. I'm also LMAO at the gun hate coming from......ultra liberal areas. In Texas, that kid would have been shot, the shooter would be no billed by the grand jury under the castle doctrine and that would be it. Kid probably wouldn't make anymore "mistakes" after that.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    For the bars I frequent I carry captain stabby mcslice. Or as my Hispanic buddies call it 'espada de bosillo' translates to pocket sword. I'm nobodies lunch. Nor am I a tough guy looking for trouble. I just like being prepared. Better to have it and not needed than the other way around

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Quote Originally Posted by vaderTT76 View Post
    I'm also LMAO at the gun hate coming from......ultra liberal areas. In Texas, that kid would have been shot, the shooter would be no billed by the grand jury under the castle doctrine and that would be it. Kid probably wouldn't make anymore "mistakes" after that.
    Original poster is in Canada. There by law you can only ask the thief to leave

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    So glad this got bumped lol. One of my favorite car related stories ever
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456