XRIMS

Thread: FS: TonyKart Mitox with HPV-4 engine (Orange County)

My Cars

FS: TonyKart Mitox with HPV-4 engine (Orange County)

Hi guys (& gals? Anyone? Bueller....?),

I'm selling my kart because I just do not use it enough. I am the second owner, and have owned it since 2003 (it is a 2002 model chassis). The previous owner used it very little, and I have not used it much either. I raced it a bit in 2003-2004, then it sat in my garage for many years, and last year I got it out and cleaned/tuned it up to do some track days and get myself back in shape. The seat is a Tillet Medium size, and I am 5'10" so it is placed for someone around that height. I weigh 145lbs and fit well, but I've had people up to 170lbs fit fine.

The Good - The 100cc HPV engine was blueprinted by Sanner Racing Engines, and the carb was rebuilt/tuned by 2Wild Karting. The brakes were also done by 2Wild (new seals, fluid, pads), and I installed a new gas tank, new steering wheel, and a new Tillet seat. It also has a simple MyChron that shows engine RPM and lap times (and head temp if you connect a thermometer). The kart comes with a few extras - fuel jug, extra set of rear hubs, and 2 gear ratios. Between the 2 ratios, the kart will be happy at any So Cal track. This is the TonyKart Mitox chassis, same as their 125cc chassis of the time, so you can eventually put a Rotax (or whatever) engine on it if you want to race it in a competitive class. I LOVE how this chassis handles, as does everyone who has driven it. The Mitox is very 'free' and compliant, happy at both smooth and bumpy tracks. This engine is air-cooled and therefore the whole kart is very light. Even though it is down on power a little bit compared to a Rotax/Lepard, it does similar lap times (maybe 1-2s off at a track with a long straight).

The Bad - Needs a new set of tires. Bumpers do not match. The HPV class no longer exists, and has been converted to KPV; so if you wanted to race it, you would need to make some conversion changes OR put a 125cc Rotax/Lepard/etc engine on and race in that class.

I think $1,700 is reasonable so that is what I'm asking. This is a perfect kart for someone looking to get their feet wet and see if they really want to pursue karting.

The kart is located in Lake Forest, and I'm happy to show it with an appointment. You can post or PM me with any questions, and thanks for looking!

-Jeff

Video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-WSQT13RMM&feature=player_detailpage#t=245s]Adams Kart Track - HPV-4 Onboard - YouTube[/ame]

Pics:

My Cars
    M3
    Is this Mitox still available?