Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the best leather cleaner?

My Cars
    2001 BMW 330ci vert
    I've used Lexol back to my days of detailing cars...solid product for price. Works really well if proactive, I use on wife's new car/vans and leather seats look great 5 years later.

My Cars
    1999 323i Convertible
    I belong to an auto detailing forum as well and Lexol is still highly recommended by many professional detailers. Also recommended are some products by Griots Garage (can be found at AutoZone). I, personally, use Griots Garage Leather 3 in 1 spray for general cleaning on my leather but I also have Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvinator and like that too. The Griots Garage cleaner is mild and leaves a non oily matte finish...not greasy and not too smelly. The Voodoo Blend also leaves a nice finish but has a heavier smell but I actually like it. It smells like a new leather scent. Once the leather is clean, I just do regular touch up wipe downs with 303 Aerospace protectant. That leaves almost no smell and no greasy feel...nice matte finish and has UV protection. I use it on the black rubber/plastic trim and tires too. For dirtier leather, I have a spray bottle with water and just a little Dawn dish soap that I spray on and sometimes will use a soft brush to scrub and then wipe off then I use the 3 in one leather spray as a quick wipe down then finish with a quick wipe with the 303. That may be unnecessary....my mind just feels better with the UV protection of the 303. A good leather conditioner may already have UV protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123