Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: E36 convertible rear plastic window retoration

My Cars
    1999 323i Convertible

E36 convertible rear plastic window retoration

The top on my e36 convertible had been replaced in the last ten years and the rear vinyl window was always nice and clear. After unloading a storage unit into the garage, the car has been sitting outside for the last year or so. The rear window has gotten so oxidized from the sun it was almost impossible to see through. The rest of the top still looks fantastic so I hated to have to replace the entire top just for a new window. I've tried everything from PlastX polish and other methods of buffing and polishing but nothing worked....they merely made the plastic feel smooth to the touch. After a lot of searching, I found Acrylic Werks Acrylic Polish. The YouTube videos seemed legit...not very professionally done but the results looked great. I decided to buy a bottle (US $25) and was surprised when it arrived just a few short days later. I was skeptical but I went through the recommended process and I have to say, I am completely impressed with the results. It is practically just wiped on, set with a wet cloth then buffed with a dry microfiber and the results are night and day. I can now see through the back window...it isn't perfect but, as I mentioned, I literally wiped it on and wiped it off and the clarity is amazing for the level of effort I put into it. I will continue to get a little more aggressive with it in smaller sections and see if I can get it even better but so far, it is the ONLY product I have used that has shown any measurable difference at all. They claim it can be used on paint and glass too. I wiped it on my hazy headlights and they came out noticeably clearer with a single, no effort wipe down. I think I'll still go through the polish treatment with fine sanding and some buffing then put the Acrylic Werks polish on afterward. It also has a UV protectant so, as easy as it is to use, I should be able to apply it regularly to keep things nice. I'll get some better pics for reference but for information, the back window before I started was just a milky haze and you couldn't see any definition through it at all before. Not trying to advertise for these guys, I'm just happy to finally find a product that works. http://www.acrylicwerks.com/

IMG_6139.jpg
    Last edited by YourOnlySin; 05-24-2020 at 02:49 AM.