Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E38 wont start issue

My Cars
    1998 740iL
    i am stumped as well, check out my thread (its http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1901949 ) check and see if you see anything later in the forum that may help you out...Im stumped as well. on yours and on mine!

also the starter relay IS the one that is closest to the engine block, in the bottom of the ebox...did you check the 5 engine fuses in the tan box on the top of the ebox....its tricky to get open but there are 5 green 30 amp fuses there that cant just be visually inspected..you have to take them out and look at them...this can also cause no start!! the tan box in the top of the ebox is on the engine side and slips onto a the side wall of the interior of the ebox

also on my thread, you have to get pretty deep into it before you reach the no start issue i have encountered.....i have placed my car on the computer...and everything checks out ok...so im more stumped then you are, LOL/
    Last edited by westlandguy1983; 12-26-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 740
    u cant recive messages ?

thts wierd it sounds lik ur ews or sumthin wit the key is goin out and it doesent recodnize it until later or wenever it wants?
    Last edited by jhonmagee; 12-26-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1998 740iL
    who cant receive messages?

What's up Bandit I'm curious what brand of wheel's are on you're car they are off the hook !

My Cars
    2006 330ic, 2 e36 before
    Thanks for this thread. Left my key on all night and did burnout the chip in it. Turned over with spare key. Now I can move to other problems of missfires. Smileface.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 740il
    I have 2001 bmw 740il and it won't start
    I checked the battery and it says good

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody here have an idea what's going on

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i
    Hey guys im having the same problem on my e38. I replaced the starter and now it dont turb over or anything so i replaced the ews and still nothing... Do i have to reprogram the new ews to my key??? And what should i check maybe ecu relay??? Plz help

My Cars
    1998 BMW 740i

No crank no start e38

Quote Originally Posted by ClayBarajas84 View Post
    Hey guys im having the same problem on my e38. I replaced the starter and now it dont turb over or anything so i replaced the ews and still nothing... Do i have to reprogram the new ews to my key??? And what should i check maybe ecu relay??? Plz help
    im not sure what to check next???

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    You cant just replace the ews. Was it a used or new ews module?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12