Thread: License plate screws

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe, 2000 Dinan 3

License plate screws

I know, i know, this sounds really dumb - but where can I get license plate screws? The ones that came on my coupe have a really wide top and will not fit on my frame. I've gone to 2 BMW dealers and the parts departments can't come up with any screws (which I just don't understand...). Its so tempting to just nab them off cars at the lot but I'm being good

Can I just find the correct thread and screw length at a hardware store? I didn't see anything at my local Home Depot but I could have missed it among all of them.

Is it a standard thing with the same threads among all cars? If so perhaps the trusty Honda dealer can help

My Cars
    M Roadster
    Go to an auto parts store.

98 ///M Roadster - Sharked, FDK, twin Magnaflows, UUC Stage II Flywheel, OEM M5 Clutch, UUC TME Red & Enforcers, Zimmerman rotors, Cosmos CAI, ProjectorZs w DDE, 6K HIDs, fatter rubber on the corners, UUC Underdrive Pulleys, and Stewart High Performance water pump

My Cars
    Originally posted by Z Couper
    Go to an auto parts store.
    So it sounds like they are universal? Not what i thought, thanks - guess I'll hit up Kragen next time i'm in SF

My Cars
    If you strike out at Pep Boys or the like, hit the hardware store, bring the screws in with you and match it up to the right thread, size, and right style, etc....

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i

Re: License plate screws

Originally posted by eVal
    The ones that came on my coupe have a really wide top and will not fit on my frame.
    What frame are you using? I'm trying to find one that will give the area a finished off appearance.
    Last edited by ///MDex; 03-05-2004 at 10:31 AM.

My Cars

Re: Re: License plate screws

Originally posted by ///MDex
    What frame are you using? I'm trying to find one that will give the area a finished off appearance?

Its california specific so I doubt you'll want it:

http://www.chp1199.org

(thus my 368s number )