Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NCS/INPA/EDIABAS Update errors

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    From INPA FAQ:-
    2.5 IFH-0018: Inizialisation Error – INPA doesn’t work but Toolset yet

The error occurs if a SGBD is running by INPA or CASCADE. If the same SGBD is loaded in the Toolset it will not occure an inizialisation error.

Reason 1: The communications port COM1 doesn’ exist, but COM3 yet. The Toolset is working without the inizialisation error, because the file OBD.ini exists in the directory C:\Ediabas\bin\. But the file OBD.ini has to exist in the direcory C:\Windows.

Solution 1: Copy the file OBD.ini in the directory C:\Windows or create a new one. (Creationof OBD.ini q.v. 3.3).
    Grund 2: q.v. 3.3

Lösung 2:

EDIABAS Error information can be found on your own installation in c:\EDIABAS\Doku\Error.pdf
    Last edited by David Mc; 06-11-2012 at 08:05 PM.

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL
    Resintalling everything again had an LZH archive could not be found, didnt get this earlier possibly because I already had 5.0 installed then I found another valuable statement by Dave. If you dont want to burn this onto a cd, you can create an iso image with imgburn, then run it with daemon tools.

This is because you have attempted to install the software directly from your desktop, after unzipping, it MUST be copied to a DVD and installed from the DVD or the file extraction process will not work correctly and the .LZH archive file will not be found.

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    slightly off topic but does anyone know how to change the background colour of the inpa menu screen?

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    This thread is becomming one of the most informative threads around regarding upgrades to INPA to get the program up to its full potential for newer and older models combined. FAL and DavidMC, thanks to you guys for all your input and expertise. BASS528, big thank you to you for taking the time to work with me on getting this moving forward.

So much info to read and comprehend. Will be reading all of the posts over and over again to make sure I start to understand why the steps are done in the order that they are presented.

Much more help being offered over here than that supposed "coding forum".
    E39 M5, E39 SC Touring, F10
    "Beating My Wallet" but loving it!

My Cars
    2000 740i sport
    Will these updates allow me to still use inpa for my e38? Along with newer models?
    Last edited by purplecty; 06-12-2012 at 12:25 PM.

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    Yes it will.

My Cars
    E87 120d M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    slightly off topic but does anyone know how to change the background colour of the inpa menu screen?
    The background colour is controlled by the line "setcolor", but you can only change the colours if you are writing your own files in an *.ips format and then compiling them. Once an *.ipo file has been created, you're stuck with the colour.

Quote Originally Posted by jayster0966 View Post
    This thread is becomming one of the most informative threads around regarding upgrades to INPA to get the program up to its full potential for newer and older models combined. FAL and DavidMC, thanks to you guys for all your input and expertise. BASS528, big thank you to you for taking the time to work with me on getting this moving forward.

So much info to read and comprehend. Will be reading all of the posts over and over again to make sure I start to understand why the steps are done in the order that they are presented.

Much more help being offered over here than that supposed "coding forum".
    You're welcome, happy to help.

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL
    Yea I agree with Jay, we have some great professional engineers on this forum, software and mechanical. That other coding forum has a few clowns moderating it. They should sop allowing for new posts since everything is in the "search" results.

Combined all 3 inpas which ran fine until combined all 3 ediabas' ecu and bin folders, then started getting errors. Placed the old ediabas in and ran fine.
    And Still getting that error in toolset32, but goes away after a fresh install for the first few minutes, then comes again. Will mess around some more today.
    A strange thing is happening, when installing inpa 10, it doesnt install the new ediabas and leaves me with 6.4.7. Wondering why.

My Cars
    E87 120d M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by bass528 View Post
    Yea I agree with Jay, we have some great professional engineers on this forum, software and mechanical. That other coding forum has a few clowns moderating it. They should sop allowing for new posts since everything is in the "search" results.

Combined all 3 inpas which ran fine until combined all 3 ediabas' ecu and bin folders, then started getting errors. Placed the old ediabas in and ran fine.
    And Still getting that error in toolset32, but goes away after a fresh install for the first few minutes, then comes again. Will mess around some more today.
    A strange thing is happening, when installing inpa 10, it doesnt install the new ediabas and leaves me with 6.4.7. Wondering why.
    ...with regards to Ediabas v6.4.7, i guess DavidMC has retained that version because with newer versions you loose the ability to use some of the older types of interfaces.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by FAL View Post
    ...with regards to Ediabas v6.4.7, i guess DavidMC has retained that version because with newer versions you loose the ability to use some of the older types of interfaces.
    You are of course correct FAL, I usually work on anything from E12 to E70, but my main focus is E36 and E46 cars.

IcemanBHE is offline żpǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    E31 and E38s for me....plus I like the Quick functions.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    E87 120d M-Sport
    For those that are interested, here is a list of interfaces that are supported by various versions of Ediabas:

Drew Technologies J2534 CarDAQ Plus
    I+ME Actia ICOM (including Chinese clones)
    I+ME Actia J2534 PassThru+ XS (including Chinese clones)
    I+ME Actia J2534 PassThru+ XS 2G
    I+ME Actia J2534 PassThru+ XS 2G Bluetooth
    I+ME Actia J2534 PassThru+ XS Bluetooth
    I+ME Actia OPPS (including Chinese clones)
    I+ME Actia OPS (including Chinese clones)
    Oasis M.O.S.T.
    Omitec Ediabas RS232
    Omitec Ediabas RS232 Desktop
    Omitec Ediabas USB
    Schulz ADS (including Chinese clones)
    Schulz OBD (Serial RS232) (including Chinese clones)
    Schulz OBD (USB 2.0) (including Chinese clones)
    Siemens DK (including Chinese clones)
    Siemens MDA F.U.N.K.
    Softing EDICcard
    Softing EDIC-PCI
    Teradyne J2534 PassThru VCM
    Vector CANcardX
    Vector CANcardXL
    Last edited by FAL; 06-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL
    Fal kindly tell me if Im updating my folders properly. Im combining the3 ecu folders from ediabas into one, and using ediabas 6.7.4, leaving the bin folder and others alone. Does this properly updates ediabas from the three inpas? I have learned that if your thowing an old ECU folder into a newer ECU folder then you should click no to replace the files when windows asks you. However since there is no "no to all" you will be pressing lots of No's. To simplify this, you throw the new ecu files into the old, ( rather then old into new)and in this case you can press yes to all. But you will be replacing the files that have the same name with the new version. Which is fine since we dont mind replacing old files with the same name to new ones. For the most part while observing the file size during each file windows asks about. I noticed that they are the same size, with the exception to a few that are slightly bigger in size. Not many though.

To get a visual on this, I have the 3 diabas folders opened Ediabas from inpa3 ( ediabas 6.4.3) on the left, Inpa 5 ( ediabas 6.4.7) in the middle and inpa10 on the right. With a new folder called ECU modified under the three. The middle ECU folder from inpa 5 gets thrown into the ediabas modified folder. Then the inpa 3 on the left gets thrown into the ecumodified folder, you will be asked if you want to replace the files with the same name. Since its an older inpa 3 ( ediabas 6.4.3) going into inpa 5 ( ediabas 6.4.7) Then I click no for replacing the file. What this does is it adds any files form the old ediabas without replacing the already exisiting newer ediabas 6.4.7 files. Then I take the ecu files from ediabas from inpa 10, and throw them into the ecumodiefied. This will give you a prompt if you want to replace the exisiting files, since its a newer version, here I click yes, as a result I get the newer files plus any extra files. The number of files you get in the new ECU folder is 1141 files. While inpa 3 had 740 files for the ediabas ecu folder, inpa 5 had 947 for the ediabas ecu folder and inpa 10 Ediabas ECU folder alone had 1088 files. So the combo of the three gives you the total1141 if done right. This ECU folder gets thrown and replaces whatever ECU folder I have.

Now Im still testing doing the same thing with all 3 inpas cfgdat and bin folder.

We are also looking forward to finally do what Jay has originally asked in this thread, is how to update the daten files, but first we wanted to update our inpas, and ECU folder before we move onto the ncsexpert daten/ECU files. Big file mess I tell you.Hope it works out at the end. And we all have a diagnostics and coding system built to its optimum levels giving the least amount of errors. All the best and wish everyone to have a powerful functioning Ediabas suite.
    We will be currently testing the new ecu folder and how it plays with the modified inpa.

If all goes well then we will move onto the daten files and ncs expert or NFS in the EC-APP folder.

Cheers to all.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    This is a sensible approach and follows the rationale that I used to update my INPA, which has been in use since early 2011.

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL

Thumbs up

Sounds Good Dave

Ok, now were looking for the latest daten files, all I find are on Rapid share, Im not cheapo but I would hate to support them when there are other reliable methods such as torrents. If I do wind up buying them from rapid share I will make a torrent. I also find these files in 50mb range to 14gb. This adds to the confusion of what needs to be downloaded. Any guidance on whats the best approach to obtain these files and what files do we need, large or small.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by bass528 View Post
    Sounds Good Dave

Ok, now were looking for the latest daten files, all I find are on Rapid share, Im not cheapo but I would hate to support them when there are other reliable methods such as torrents. If I do wind up buying them from rapid share I will make a torrent. I also find these files in 50mb range to 14gb. This adds to the confusion of what needs to be downloaded. Any guidance on whats the best approach to obtain these files and what files do we need, large or small.
    Rapidshare is rather safe IMO and those torrents are filled with viruses and malware viruses

My Cars
    E39it, 03 M5, F10 535
    When comparing and updating the files I have noticed that a few have the exact same size and build date but are time stamped a few hours apart. If the newer file has a time stamp of an hour or so later, should we just use the later file or would it make a difference if I may actually missed a couple of them. Would I need to start the update in that particular folder all over again?

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    As you know, these folders are regurgitated from a number of sources, so it is probably highly unlikely that files timestamped an hour apart are different in any way. If you have doubts, try comparing a couple with WinMerge, it will soon tell you if they are identical or not.

My Cars
    2000 528i 2000 740iL
    Quote Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
    Rapidshare is rather safe IMO and those torrents are filled with viruses and malware viruses
    1) I dont think a forum member would attempt to infect others.

2). Plus the rapid share files are useless, its the same as not posting them.

3) no one should be browsing the internet without an antivirus running.

4) I can upload a good hidden trojan into rapid share just as with a torrent.

5) if a forum member shares a torrent I wouldnt think twice of it being clean., regardless my AV will catch anything and so should yours.

6) Rapid share will make an easy $6000 per new daten file release.

7) Not too many want to share financial information with rapid share or even have the means to make an online purchase.

Rapidshare is not a solution for our needs considering they are large files and things are constantly getting updated. Plus who hasnt used torrents on here already. The comments below the torrent gives you a very good indication what your downloading before you download it.

Quote Originally Posted by jayster0966 View Post
    When comparing and updating the files I have noticed that a few have the exact same size and build date but are time stamped a few hours apart. If the newer file has a time stamp of an hour or so later, should we just use the later file or would it make a difference if I may actually missed a couple of them. Would I need to start the update in that particular folder all over again?

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com
    Yea theyre newer by a few hours. curious as well how that happened. Did the programmers really edited these files 4 hours after. Maybe the file was just processed, saved at a different time. I opened two files theyre identical.
    Last edited by bass528; 06-15-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    bmw 530d

inpa

FAL Hello, I'm andy from italy.You are better than a space engineer! Could you tell me how to open and read files. ipo, prg and grp? They have a password? Thanks

My Cars
    E87 120d M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by andy711 View Post
    FAL Hello, I'm andy from italy.You are better than a space engineer! Could you tell me how to open and read files. ipo, prg and grp? They have a password? Thanks
    Hello Andy,

*.IPO files are easy, just use Decode IPO. For *.PRG and *.GRP files, you need ESG XBD SGBD Developer (and to be able to read and understand German).

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540iA
    I got edibas 6.4.7 and inpa 5.02 installed. When I update my setup with 2.47.1 SP-Daten files all INPA error codes are in german. Without updating the daten files the error codes are in english. Is there away to update to and still have english error codes?

My Cars
    2007 E89
    Hello FAL,

you said: *.IPO files are easy, just use Decode IPO. Can you please explain how to decode the ipo files?

Thanks

Herrfrei

My Cars
    530D E60
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Force View Post
    I got edibas 6.4.7 and inpa 5.02 installed. When I update my setup with 2.47.1 SP-Daten files all INPA error codes are in german. Without updating the daten files the error codes are in english. Is there away to update to and still have english error codes?

I would be interested in the same question as i update mine to work with updated cars it goes to german too how can we get this converted to english FAL

thanks

Hiya guys i was having the same problems with the language i am still having some warning but inpa is working in english thanks to FAL he wrote this "The problem is your .ipo files, in C:\EC-APPS\INPA\SGDAT - they are written in German. You might have some English .ipo files, in your installation folder, depending on which version of EA-90X you downloaded. Look for a file called INPA_IPO.lzh and extract it. " i just extracted all the english and english.met ipo files to the sgdat folder and is working in english now... but remenber inpa.ini the language and variant have to be in english

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast