Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NCS/INPA/EDIABAS Update errors

My Cars
    bmw328i
    Hi my dear friends,
    I have 2 questions and need detailed guide.
    1. How to connect ICOM-A with INPA?
    2. How to change colors in INPA (already asked by another member but no detailed answer, just "setcolor" mentioned.
    Please give detailed answers. Thanks in advance.
    Regards, Nasser

My Cars
    '07 320i E90
    Quote Originally Posted by FAL View Post
    *.IPO files are easy, just use Decode IPO. For *.PRG and *.GRP files, you need ESG XBD SGBD Developer (and to be able to read and understand German).
    I'm VERY interested in these applications(Decode IPO, ESG XBD SGBD Developer) for better understanding the inner workings and interaction between INPA/EDIABAS etc., but I'm not finding them through normal online searches. Could you provide a pointer on how to acquire them? Hopefully you weren't joking about their existence!
    Last edited by tinkerman; 04-19-2013 at 11:27 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 325xi

How extract INPA_IPO.lzh

Quote Originally Posted by nemmesis33 View Post
    Hiya guys i was having the same problems with the language i am still having some warning but inpa is working in english thanks to FAL he wrote this "The problem is your .ipo files, in C:\EC-APPS\INPA\SGDAT - they are written in German. You might have some English .ipo files, in your installation folder, depending on which version of EA-90X you downloaded. Look for a file called INPA_IPO.lzh and extract it. " i just extracted all the english and english.met ipo files to the sgdat folder and is working in english now... but remenber inpa.ini the language and variant have to be in english
    Found the file but cannot see how to extract it. Also, how did you extract all the english files? Any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    540i/6 M-Sport
    Anybody willing to share all of the the english e46 daten files?
    540i/6 M-Sport | UUC Race | Carbon trim | Catalytic delete | more to come...

My Cars
    2005 E66 745Li

File extraction from inpa_ipo.lzh for english ipo's

Quote Originally Posted by marlau View Post
    Found the file but cannot see how to extract it. Also, how did you extract all the english files? Any help would be appreciated.
    Use the B1 archiver or winRAR to extract to the SGDAT directory.

My Cars
    bmw 535i
    Hi I need to flash my head unit from an X6 , I was updating with ISTAP battery run flat and the head unit is off I reprogram again and now can't code the VO, I try to flask with Winkfp but need the realatesd files for this I have all setup In pa Diana's etc is working but can't find the right files for my unit.
    The part number 9222857

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1994 BMW 316iA Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by bass528 View Post
    Fal kindly tell me if Im updating my folders properly. Im combining the3 ecu folders from ediabas into one, and using ediabas 6.7.4, leaving the bin folder and others alone. Does this properly updates ediabas from the three inpas? I have learned that if your thowing an old ECU folder into a newer ECU folder then you should click no to replace the files when windows asks you. However since there is no "no to all" you will be pressing lots of No's. To simplify this, you throw the new ecu files into the old, ( rather then old into new)and in this case you can press yes to all. But you will be replacing the files that have the same name with the new version. Which is fine since we dont mind replacing old files with the same name to new ones. For the most part while observing the file size during each file windows asks about. I noticed that they are the same size, with the exception to a few that are slightly bigger in size. Not many though.

To get a visual on this, I have the 3 diabas folders opened Ediabas from inpa3 ( ediabas 6.4.3) on the left, Inpa 5 ( ediabas 6.4.7) in the middle and inpa10 on the right. With a new folder called ECU modified under the three. The middle ECU folder from inpa 5 gets thrown into the ediabas modified folder. Then the inpa 3 on the left gets thrown into the ecumodified folder, you will be asked if you want to replace the files with the same name. Since its an older inpa 3 ( ediabas 6.4.3) going into inpa 5 ( ediabas 6.4.7) Then I click no for replacing the file. What this does is it adds any files form the old ediabas without replacing the already exisiting newer ediabas 6.4.7 files. Then I take the ecu files from ediabas from inpa 10, and throw them into the ecumodiefied. This will give you a prompt if you want to replace the exisiting files, since its a newer version, here I click yes, as a result I get the newer files plus any extra files. The number of files you get in the new ECU folder is 1141 files. While inpa 3 had 740 files for the ediabas ecu folder, inpa 5 had 947 for the ediabas ecu folder and inpa 10 Ediabas ECU folder alone had 1088 files. So the combo of the three gives you the total1141 if done right. This ECU folder gets thrown and replaces whatever ECU folder I have.

Now Im still testing doing the same thing with all 3 inpas cfgdat and bin folder.

We are also looking forward to finally do what Jay has originally asked in this thread, is how to update the daten files, but first we wanted to update our inpas, and ECU folder before we move onto the ncsexpert daten/ECU files. Big file mess I tell you.Hope it works out at the end. And we all have a diagnostics and coding system built to its optimum levels giving the least amount of errors. All the best and wish everyone to have a powerful functioning Ediabas suite.
    We will be currently testing the new ecu folder and how it plays with the modified inpa.

If all goes well then we will move onto the daten files and ncs expert or NFS in the EC-APP folder.

Cheers to all.

Hi bass528, sorry to revive this old thread, hope you are still around here.

Did you manage to get this working? Can you please help me update my inpa in the right way also?

Thank you very much!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123