Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Scotia People!

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328iS
    Fixed teh rubbing problem, and here are some pictures of it lowered.
    (Camera whore)

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002
    Wheres the mirrors Did you get the fenders rolled.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328iS
    Gotta get the mirrors painted; we used a baseball bat to roll the fenders (Redneck technique?)

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002
    ahh, No, Ive seen really good results with the old baseball bat trick. Also if you want to run wider, you could get spacers and adjustable camber arms. What size/offset are your wheels now?

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328iS
    I would like the front to be a little wider, later down the road.

17" Beyern Rims, 15 offset
    Last edited by EastBmw; 06-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002
    Since my swap is complete, I thought it would be an ideal time for some photos!

The old one Lasted long, but too weak.

Bad head gasket leak...

And after 20hrs of hard work

My parts car came with some acs goodies
    Front lip

Exhaust, which sounds amazing.

The day before my swap, my coolant system on my 4cyl exploded on my drive home. Good thing I had planned the swap for the next day A few little things to fix up yet, like swap out shift rods. I also wired up a start button because of weird electrical issues.

***Blurry photo alert***

My Cars
    '90 325is '88 M3 '87 iX
    Any plans for the m42(or is it an m44)? I know a guy who might want the crank or bottom end.

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002
    Its an m44. I was going to tear it down and part it out. Its all for sale Year old starter on it too!

My Cars
    various
    glad to see everything went well with the swap. No EWS II issues?

Nice engine crane btw

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328iS
    Looks a lot better from last time I seen er.
    Grats man.

My Cars
    E36 325i
    Haven't been on here in a while. Have a 95 325i, well driven in prior years but not started in 3. Few mods. Pss9, eibach sways, chip, LSD, aa exhaust, euro hid with angel eyes, etc.... Car needs a bit of work and last couple years haven't had time or cash to do anything, that's what happens when you start having to pay back school and get married. Daily car is an 06 cooper now. Planning on bringing the e36 back out in the fall or next spring at latest. Miss driving it and see some clean e36s around which makes me want to get back into it.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328iS

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by duffy325 View Post
    Haven't been on here in a while. Have a 95 325i, well driven in prior years but not started in 3. Few mods. Pss9, eibach sways, chip, LSD, aa exhaust, euro hid with angel eyes, etc.... Car needs a bit of work and last couple years haven't had time or cash to do anything, that's what happens when you start having to pay back school and get married. Daily car is an 06 cooper now. Planning on bringing the e36 back out in the fall or next spring at latest. Miss driving it and see some clean e36s around which makes me want to get back into it.

Nothing wrong with a cooper, love those cars!

My Cars
    1997 528 sedan

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zubbie View Post
    glad to see everything went well with the swap. No EWS II issues?

Nice engine crane btw
    Thanks! A couple issues. Looked over the wiring schematics for a while and managed to bypass it
    Oh, and yes, its a very nice crane. You may have it back now

Looks a lot better from last time I seen er.
    Grats man.
    Yes it does haha!

This car sounds awesome!! Pictures? And definatly get her going and come to our first meet!

I guess the next order of business would be a meet date. How does everyone like the 31st of June? Its a saturday.
    Last edited by NSBMW; 06-21-2012 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by NSBMW View Post
    Thanks! A couple issues. Looked over the wiring schematics for a while and managed to bypass it
    Oh, and yes, its a very nice crane. You may have it back now
    Glad to help. I'm around on the weekend or can pick it up with my truck since you are just around the corner. Just pm / call.

B.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328iS

Talking

I guess the next order of business would be a meet date. How does everyone like the 31st of June? Its a saturday.

Sounds good

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern View Post
    That's the one that just sold from here right?
    If it is, I'd love to hear that TSE3 in person. I actually went and looked at it, but didn't bother driving it once I saw the hood and typical e36 rear fender rust.

I've actually got 3 BMWs right now:

98 328is 5spd, the daily/winter beater. Started out nice, but 2 winters have all but destroyed the fenders.

03 330i ZHP 6spd. Summer/autoX/Track car. One of 5 ZHPs that I know of in the province.

89 535i 5spd. Just bought in may but am looking to sell it, I prefer my e36 as a daily. Only 182000km, imported from germany 2 years ago.

I'm also looking to sell my ZHP, but I couldn't even give the damn thing away when I was trying to get my hands on the M coupe at BMW Moncton. I'll probably list it again near the end of the summer. Looking for an e36/e46 m3 or an S52 M coupe, would even be willing to trade.

If you guys aren't already involved, you should look into our local motorsport scene. Usually an autocross twice a month, plus plenty of track days at AMP. I'll be in digby this weekend for the double autocross event. http://armsinc.ca/forum/

I also used to have this eurospec 325ix, but ran into a nasty electrical problem and ended up selling it to the e30 parts guy. Hopefully he and Darren can get it roadworthy again.
    Last edited by Crustashio; 06-27-2012 at 08:44 PM.

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002

Meet and stuff.

@Crustachio

Cars look good man, too bad for the e36, darn fenders.

@everyone

Looks like Im going to have to back out of the meet. I have been scheduled to work and the missus says I have a BBQ I have to go to after But how about we make it for Sat July 7th @ 6pm at the old Harveys parking lot on Kempt rd in Halifax. I figure thats pretty central. Bring whoever you want and hang out. Hopefully Ill see all of you then!

My Cars
    2007 323i
    @Crustachio
    @everyone

Looks like Im going to have to back out of the meet. I have been scheduled to work and the missus says I have a BBQ I have to go to after But how about we make it for Sat July 7th @ 6pm at the old Harveys parking lot on Kempt rd in Halifax. I figure thats pretty central. Bring whoever you want and hang out. Hopefully Ill see all of you then!
    Sounds like a plan. Nice engine swap btw!

I have a question for anyone who has driven an E9x. I have an 07 323i and I find that the throttle is way softer than my old 97 318i. I found the old E36 had a nice sharp throttle response, and I find my new E90 is soft and laggy.

The other day I floored it in first gear just to see what would happen... it took a second to respond, hesitated at around 3000 rpm, then continued on until about 5000 rpm when I shifted into 2nd. Not BMW-esque response and no where near as smooth as my old E36.

I even drove my sisters Civic and found that the throttle had sharper response!

I know it is drive-by-wire, is there a fix to this?

Thanks guys!

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328iS
    Quote Originally Posted by Crustashio View Post
    If you guys aren't already involved, you should look into our local motorsport scene. Usually an autocross twice a month, plus plenty of track days at AMP. I'll be in digby this weekend for the double autocross event. http://armsinc.ca/forum/

I would love to get involved in this.

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DartmouthPilot View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Nice engine swap btw!

I have a question for anyone who has driven an E9x. I have an 07 323i and I find that the throttle is way softer than my old 97 318i. I found the old E36 had a nice sharp throttle response, and I find my new E90 is soft and laggy.

The other day I floored it in first gear just to see what would happen... it took a second to respond, hesitated at around 3000 rpm, then continued on until about 5000 rpm when I shifted into 2nd. Not BMW-esque response and no where near as smooth as my old E36.

I even drove my sisters Civic and found that the throttle had sharper response!

I know it is drive-by-wire, is there a fix to this?

Thanks guys!
    yea, it all has to do with the electronic throttle. Ive driven cars with elec. throttle before and it feels so detatched from the experience of driving. I doubt there would be a fix.

My Cars
    '90 325is '88 M3 '87 iX
    I believe a lot of new cars are programmed to slow the application of throttle for better mileage/emissions and a smoother ride, which only makes drive by wire worse.

I know some of the drive by wire Jeeps have some sort of aftermarket kit that cuts down on throttle lag.

My Cars
    '78 Euro e12/'75 2002
    Maybe a chip is available?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    The fix on the e46 was to use the shark injector, it supposedly makes the response a lot sharper. I got used to it on my e46, although the e36 throttle response is still better, much more linear.

Probably check turner motorsport, http://www.turnermotorsport.com/c-15...-software.aspx

Also, if you guys know anyone who is interested, I've listed both my ZHP and 535i. Time to start seriously looking for an e36 m3.

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ392974022

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ392936455

My Cars
    '90 325is '88 M3 '87 iX
    Quote Originally Posted by Crustashio View Post
    Time to start seriously looking for an e36 m3.
    Well I think there are two on kijiji at the moment, so you picked a good time.

Also Re: e9x throttle response, I googled "e92 throttle response" and a few links had some promising info.
    Last edited by Northern; 07-02-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast