Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E36 V8 5.0 track car...

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold

E36 V8 5.0 track car...

Ok guys Im back at it again this time it will be a track only build for Time trials and open track fun..
    Im starting with a nice 94 E36 2 door in black with a nice black interior and a full M3 body kit...318 5 speed
    I will be gutting it .. lexan windows , roll cage and fender flares .. Aliminium headded 306 forged motor with a T5 tranny with a modified 5th gear so no overdrive just 5 gears,, are all in the plans for this one...

Here is an E36 Track car I just finished .. I installed a full cage, Lexan windows , Big wing ....

Just picked up my motor for the build ..its a 302 bored 030 to make a 306 with pop up TRW forged pistons.. with my 2.02/1.60 valves, 200 intake runners and 60cc ,aluminium heads with 1.6 roller rockers,I will be at around 11.5 to one ..I am hoping to run 94 octane in it but we will see...just have to pick a good cam this, remember it is for open road track/HPDE and maybe Time trials use not drag racing ..any input????

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    I just picked up my T5 tranny .. now for some Suspension and brakes..
    Last edited by aussiebj; 05-28-2012 at 09:24 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Started removeing all unwanted interior bits ...FYI its all black in good shape and all for sale or trade for racing parts...

here is some of the carnage

Last edited by aussiebj; 05-28-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Red Sled, RC51
    Nice!

"Believe nothing you hear, half of what you read"

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    the above car was sold as i had no paper work for it, but I did pick up version 2 yesterday .. ill post up progress pics soon...

My Cars
    F30 328d, 996
    Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see more.

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Picks are coming... heres an update.. I am working hard on getting it ready for a track day this Monday the 6th.. removed the existing radiator and installed a massive aluminium one..removed all suspension and installed a TC Kline setup from a member on here...great guy shipped the suspension to me in one day...removed all brakes .. installed ATE slotted rear rotors and Hawk HP plus rear pads..installed new M3 spindles.. waiting on my used M3 rotors, calipers and ss brake lines..will install Hawk DTC-70 pads..replaced the lower front control arms .. installed Treehouse racing front lower rear CA mounts..removed the M3 luxory pwr heavy seats .. for now installed some supportive seats .. will change to fixed back when I build my cage..still have to change the exhaust .. install my hoosiers on my wheels .. install a front sway bar.. get her aligned .. . Hey i have 4 days to go ..

My Cars
    1998 328is
    Hey man I think I called you for some parts the other day. Your they guy parting out the 2 BMW's right? I called about the kidneys and the m bumper. Can't wait to see the build.

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Yes that was me .... here is todays progress... finished the rear brake change...replaced the lower control arms .. installed the Treehouse racing rear LCA mounts.. installed new M3 spindles.. Installed new Moog wheel hubs and bearings.. finished up installing the coilovers..waiting on Hawk DTC-70 brake pads to finish up the frontend.. installed electric fan.. mounted kidney panel back on .. mounted hood pins...spent time driving around picking up parts ... had hoosiers R6 245x 40 x 17 installed on my contour rims..making progress .. hopefully my pads show up tomorrow so i can put her on the ground ,set the ride height . take her for a spin around the block .. then load her up and off for a wheel alignment on sat morning .. then off to NJMP sunday for Monday track day ..im cutting it close..the finish thrash is on...
    Last edited by aussiebj; 08-02-2012 at 09:30 PM.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    I love that 4 door build, looks like fun to drive, good luck with the new project!
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    This afternoon .. Finished up the front end nose installation.. replaced the serp belt..filled radiator and started her up ..runs good but i still have to fix the exhaust..brakes finally showed up late .. ill install them in the morning bleed the brakes and then off to the race shop for a track alignment and get my wheels balanced.. count down is on..

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    what a weekend .. could not get the car running right on saturday .. tried everthing .. swapped out most of the fuel injection parts .. and it was still braking up over 3k.. so finished up saturday night frustrated and at 8pm with a non running car .. oh well i have one day to go right>>>>>
    Sunday morning up early ..decide it was beoynd my tech on FI so I pulled the whole fuel injection set up for a carbbed set up .. it all went sooth and the motor fieed right up sounded mean and then died.. here we go..no fuel.. swapped ot the fp regulatoe .. and i woul get pressure then it would dropp off.. so i swapped in three different Fp regs no availe.. ok the gage is bad .. swapped in another gage... not that .. so i disconnected the gage and ran the hose to a bucket .. and yes it would get pressure then just stop.. ok must be the pump.. so i by a $200 dollar pump .. install it at 5pm ( oh yea im cuttingh it close).. still does the same .. so now i trace wiring .. and i find this POS.. extra realy that was installed .. and its bad.. jump out the wire and she starts right up.. runs like a bastard.. so i load her up and leave for NJMP ...My buddy meets me with his E36 race car the silver 4 door earlier in this blog.. that i built.. and we head off for a 3.5 hour drive.well its ranning cats and dogs.. lighting and all .
    Last edited by aussiebj; 08-08-2012 at 08:25 AM.

My Cars
    94 BMW 325IS Coupe
    needs more pictures please, im currently building my 325is into a 308ci track monster.
    -Justin-
    ~94 BMW 325IS~
    ~03 Chevy 2500hd~

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Well to cut a long story short .. we got to Melville NJ at 1.45am, 5hr drive should have been 3.5hrs.... got up at 6.30am( oh yea that was a good sleep) to head over to NJMP .. got signed in ,unloaded and prepped the cars... track time.. the first 30 min session went well I was not to hard on the car just a shake down run to check everything out brought her in early.. she ran great.. back to the pits I look her over , no leaks everything looks good..Ok this is going to be a fun day.. 2nd session rolls around .. 2 laps in she looking good all warmed up now lets get some aggressive driving on .. 2 more laps im loving this beast .. good power down the straight and off the turns increadible.. 5th lap coming down the back straight under the bridge shes down on power..i check the gages and the temp is climing to 280 deg.. I go off line and try and coast her in to the pits.. well she dont make it .. water spreads all over the windshield and she quits so i pull off track and the black flagg comes out ..my day is over.. get her towed back to the pits and look her over....the motor she is sized up.. on to the trailer she goes..Still had a great day.. one of my friends lets me do a session in his Honda S2000 that was great... all in all I am very inpressed how the V8 bimmer performed with a totally stock 5.0... Good news is I was already in the process of building a killer 306.. looks like its going in earlier than expected....Track pics coming...

some track pics from NJMP

my friend having some fun with me
    Last edited by aussiebj; 08-08-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Ok I located another engine and should pick it up next Monday.. so she will be back up and running in no time....

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Sweet! Lets see the Pics!!
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    94 BMW 325IS Coupe
    looks good, i need to finish taking out the interior on my coupe.
    -Justin-
    ~94 BMW 325IS~
    ~03 Chevy 2500hd~

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Yes I am in the process of doing so myself .. selling the parts off as i go..pics are coming

My Cars
    94 BMW 325IS Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebj View Post
    Yes I am in the process of doing so myself .. selling the parts off as i go..pics are coming
    my interior was thrashed so its all going into the garbage minus the Dashboard.
    -Justin-
    ~94 BMW 325IS~
    ~03 Chevy 2500hd~

My Cars
    2010 BMW 335i
    Great build!

My Cars
    Small
    WOW !! Love this

My Cars
    95 M3 , 99 Z3 Coupe sold
    Heres some more pics showing the engine that im removing .. yes its carbbed 650 double pumper.. new engine coming this weekend..Started gutting the interior .. need to make it lighter..on to the pics

the money shots

My Cars
    1998 BMW E36 328i
    What year did that engine come from?
    |ProjectTechnik| - The Alberta BMW Enthusiast Community

E36 328i - OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | M3 Contours | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |

E46 325xi Touring

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club #343!

|Canadian Alpina Forum|

My Cars
    Car
    Next time, get you an Explorer longblock. It's basically a budget GT40 longblock.

Neat build, looks fun

-Will
    2006 MS6

My Cars
    98 318ti&m3, 00 Dinan 7
    what a bizarre engine to see in there haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast