Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: E36 M3 track/street build thread

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330i 4d, 1997
    Also just read the entire thread... Incredible journey. I'm going to try and convince my dad and brother to take on a similar undertaking.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2011 WRX
    Quick question about he VAC floor pans. It seems that you had to do a bit of modification in order for them to fit correctly. From my understanding I thought that these were a drop in. Could you elaborate on the reason that you had to pretty much weld a socket onto the bottom of the pan, and why it had to be test fitted?

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    Biz. The floor of the car is not flat. If you get a set it will make sense.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Just had the car corner balanced and aligned at Pellegrini Performance Group, a very amazing and local facility. I decided to go in after a failed track day, caused by -5 degrees camber in the front. It is all sorted now and I cant wait to get back on track. I have gotten side tracked, but I will now be updating this thread regularly again.

I also had the car put on their in-house dynojet. This engine is STRONG with the sunbelt cams. We are talking 270+ whp. I know everyones going to be asking for exact numbers, but my lips are sealed for now

Last edited by gbreeE90; 01-03-2017 at 09:20 PM.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Awesome!
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    S52, 4g63, LS1
    Quote Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
    I also had the car put on their in-house dynojet. This engine is STRONG with the sunbelt cams. We are talking 270+ whp. I know everyones going to be asking for exact numbers, but my lips are sealed for now
    those are some good numbers. not sure why you're keeping them so close to the vest though. If you're running NASA TT and especially if your dyno reclassed, your info is public knowledge for your fellow competitors.

Also, if you actually have a competitive car, you can expect to get impounded and dyno'd on the regular. You're also going to have to have a sticker on your car listing your min comp weight and max HP for all the world to see.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinboost View Post
    those are some good numbers. not sure why you're keeping them so close to the vest though. If you're running NASA TT and especially if your dyno reclassed, your info is public knowledge for your fellow competitors.

Also, if you actually have a competitive car, you can expect to get impounded and dyno'd on the regular. You're also going to have to have a sticker on your car listing your min comp weight and max HP for all the world to see.
    That is fine with me

My Cars
    99 M3, 11 GT3RS
    270 whp and gutted m3 weight is TTB territory me thinks...

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Long time no post! I've got something in the works on the race car, but I've decided to start on a second build that I can drive to the track. First mod... Mkah Motorsports V2 door panels.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Very fancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

My Cars
    1999 e36 M3
    Sent you a PM

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Well, its official! I am bringing this car back to a "street/track" car. I will be reinsuring it and making some pretty cool changes to the build. I'm very busy at the moment and have not had time to make many track events; this should change that. I hate just letting the car sit after all this time and money I've invested in it, so this seems like a good way to crank it up more often. Keep an eye out for my next update.

Plans:
    LTW wing to run on the street (I'll keep the brooks wing for the track)
    Custom window crank so that I can roll down the windows
    Flares
    18x10 squared
    New differential
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 03-06-2017 at 05:28 PM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    So much fancy

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

mslevin is offline Have you checked RealOEM? BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E36, E38, E46
    I'm interested in seeing what you do for the window crank, I was going to look into something similar when I was installing my MKAH panels

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Okay, I'm finally back and I will be updating this thread regularly again! I'm at a point in my life where I will only be able to track the car 1-2 times a year for the next 3 years. I do not want to let the car sit, so I'm bringing it back to its earliest stages and going to drive it on the street to keep it moving. All the modifications I am doing are easily reversible and I am keeping all of the track-oriented parts that I am taking off. When I plan to hit the track, I will just throw in the halo seat and put on the brooks rear wing.

First up, the Apex FL-5 18x10.5 ET22 arrived. These are getting wrapped in PSS 275/30/18 and will be accommodated by Big Duck Club overfenders.

No way they would fit with stock fenders!

Next up was to test fit a pair of MKAH Motorsports V3 door panels (not yet powder coated). I am cutting out slots for the roll cage. This will really help clean up the interior.

Made a slight error on the first run, but I can tell its going to look amazing once its done. I am going to recut these so that they are as tight to the roll cage as possible. I am going all out and everything has to look perfect!

Cut the MKAH Motorsports floor pans for the roll bar.

I am going on vacation this week, so hopefully when I return home, the high rise LTW wing and the over fenders will be painted and ready to install. Stay tuned, I have an insane amount of parts coming for this car and I really think its going to be a cool step for this build!

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Went to Tire Rack this morning to pick up the new tires!

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Why not 285/30-18?

My Cars
    skateboard
    So much awesome

― George Orwell

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    I am really tired of battery acid destroying the fresh paint in this car, so I decided to install the MKAH Motorsports battery box. It is a very snug fit so the battery will be secure. It will bolt to the chassis and have a cross bar at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jakermac View Post
    Why not 285/30-18?
    I wasnt sure if the 285 would fit within the over-fenders. If they will, I will be going with 285s next!

My Cars
    Cayman S, Golf GSW, E30
    Why not just use a sealed/AGM type battery? Duralast even makes one.

My Cars
    1988 Alpine White E30 M3
    If you run with NASA, they require an AGM battery. At least in my region. I've had at least 3 friends not pass tech and had to have NAPA deliver a battery to them on track.

Current Stable:
    2016 Cayman GT4
    1995 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow (NASA GTS2)
    1994 E36 325i (AER)
    1988 E30 M3 (Alpine White)

My Cars
    Spec3 & MCoupe
    Quote Originally Posted by vchau76 View Post
    If you run with NASA, they require an AGM battery. At least in my region. I've had at least 3 friends not pass tech and had to have NAPA deliver a battery to them on track.

NASA MidAtlantic and NASA Great Lakes did not care about my non-AGM battery. NASA Northeast flunked me.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBDan View Post
    Why not just use a sealed/AGM type battery? Duralast even makes one.
    I have this battery and I like this solution. If you haven't read my previous posts, I will not be driving this car on the track for some time. This one was replaced under warranty, so its brand new and free. Cant beat that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vchau76 View Post

I ran this battery for 2 years with NASA and had no issues. If someone ever has an issue with it, I'll trade it out though.
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 06-27-2017 at 05:46 PM.

My Cars
    Many
    AGM battery is not required for HPDE or TT tech inspection (NASA TT Director here). I cannot speak definitively about race groups, but I don't remember seeing that on the annual tech inspection form. Sounds like your region is kicking it up a notch.

My Cars
    1988 Alpine White E30 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by darbyfam View Post
    AGM battery is not required for HPDE or TT tech inspection (NASA TT Director here). I cannot speak definitively about race groups, but I don't remember seeing that on the annual tech inspection form. Sounds like your region is kicking it up a notch.
    Definitely required here in Northeast in DEs. It's been a pain in the ass for the friends who had non-AGM batteries.

Current Stable:
    2016 Cayman GT4
    1995 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow (NASA GTS2)
    1994 E36 325i (AER)
    1988 E30 M3 (Alpine White)

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast