Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: E36 M3 track/street build thread

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Amazing build! I love all the fab work and all the attention you keep to the detail. Its really nice to see a project like yours, its rare when you see a clean track car like that. You're still running a stock sway bar in the rear right? You like it like that with the big hotchkis in the front? I ask cause the hotchkis its a part I'll probably bought but Im not sure if I should just buy front or both.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Amazing build! I love all the fab work and all the attention you keep to the detail. Its really nice to see a project like yours, its rare when you see a clean track car like that. You're still running a stock sway bar in the rear right? You like it like that with the big hotchkis in the front? I ask cause the hotchkis its a part I'll probably bought but Im not sure if I should just buy front or both.
    Thank you! I've worked really hard to keep this car clean while trying to keep everything I add functional. I have some really big updates on the way, can't wait to get it on the track. The hotchkis front sway bar is indeed large, too large maybe. It created a lot of understeer, which im not a fan of, but that was corrected with an adjustment to the cars alignment. I'm going to sort out the problem while the car is getting corner balanced, not sure if the solution will include adding the rear bar though. However, I do like the decreased front roll with this bar.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Newest addition: CAE shifter

Can't wait to install it (hopefully tonight)

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by gbreeE90 View Post
    Newest addition: CAE shifter

Can't wait to install it (hopefully tonight)
    Jealous!!! I wish you were not on the other side of the country so I could see your car in person, I love everything about your build!!! If you ever decide to head north to Road America please let me know.

Derek

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325I sedan
    Thanks! If you have any questions or need any panels, let me know.
    Im new to the forum and I am interested in some of the panels. Im needing/wanting the trunk block off panel along with the center dash panel.
    Last edited by BCorley; 05-23-2013 at 01:56 AM.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by deek10sn View Post
    Jealous!!! I wish you were not on the other side of the country so I could see your car in person, I love everything about your build!!! If you ever decide to head north to Road America please let me know.

Derek
    Thanks! I don't know if it will be any time soon, but I would LOVE to go to Road America. If I am ever able to make it that far, I will most certainly let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by BCorley View Post
    Im new to the forum and I am interested in some of the panels. Im needing/wanting the trunk block off panel along with the center dash panel.
    Email me at gbreelande90@gmail.com

My Cars
    1993 BMW 325I sedan

Thanks! I don't know if it will be any time soon, but I would LOVE to go to Road America. If I am ever able to make it that far, I will most certainly let you know.

Email me at gbreelande90@gmail.com
    Email sent.

My Cars
    1995 325is
    let us know what you think of the strapless clutch. iv seen a few up for sale for some reason.

My Cars
    1998 323is Track Car
    I finished a little more of the car today. One seat is in, along with a set of harnesses. I still need to screw in the door panels and get the other seat and harnesses in. I started her up today for the first time in 3 months, can't wait to get it out of the shop!
    This goes back to your 3rd page of pictures but what type of electrical cut off did you use? 4 or 2 prong? And what are the 3 red toggle switches for on your lower dash panel? Great build, I'm doing the same with my 323is and love the panels you have built. I'm about to fab up mine this weekend.
    www.ErvickMotorsports.com
    24hrs of Lemons Racer - Summit Point, NJMP, - Team Victors of War
    2007 E60 550i - RIP thanks to a deer @ 90mph
    1998 E36 323is Track/Lemons Car
    1998 GSXR 600
    1998 Honda Z50

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    The car is currently getting the following: CAE shifter, Bimmerworld strapless clutch, Bimmerworld solid trans mounts, gold reflective heat wrap lining trans tunnel, new Ground Control camber plates, and a corner balance. Can't wait to get it on the track on the 22nd! I will continue to update the thread with progress.

My Cars
    2001 540i E39
    It's looking really great! I'm sure it will be able to handle GT3 no problem whatsoever.
    e39 2001 540i 142,xxx miles - CAI, Redline MTL, Bilstein Sport w/H&R Sport, m60 manifold, 10w AA, Hankook ventus v12, and maintenance

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    It's looking really great! I'm sure it will be able to handle GT3 no problem whatsoever.
    Thanks! There is a shop I know that has a lot of experience running in GTS3, so the car will definitely be set up correctly for that class when I am at that level. I have no doubt that it will be a very competitive car, its all going to depend on the driver
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 08-06-2013 at 09:31 PM.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Here are a few shots of the CAE shifter installed (center panel not bolted in):

Gold reflective heat wrap to keep heat out the cabin

So I got the car out on the track today with all the new mods (Bimmerworld strapless clutch, solid mounts, new set of GC camber plates, CAE shifter, Stoptech brakes, etc.) it felt great. It took a session to learn the car again, but after that it was smooth sailing. Really loving the clutch and the shifter, but my favorite mod is definitely the BBK. I was able to go so much deeper into the braking zone and didn't have one bit of brake fade. I'll update the thread again tomorrow with a few more pictures and videos.

From left to right: Bakeme521, myself, M3Rob95, and Onurleft

Last edited by gbreeE90; 06-23-2013 at 11:45 PM.

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    The brakes are finished. Really loving how easy the pads are to swap in and out of the stoptech caliper. I currently have the stoptech street pads in the front and HT-10s in the rear, but I will swap the front HT-10s in before I head to the track. While installing the rear pads, I noticed a hairline crack in the rotor, so I'm probably just going to upgrade the rear too.
    must be nice to need a set of $150 rotors and just buy a set of $1800 rear calipers/rotors
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 99MPower View Post

must be nice to need a set of $150 rotors and just buy a set of $1800 rear calipers/rotors
    That is correct.
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 06-23-2013 at 06:14 PM.

My Cars
    97 S54,94 M-Technic,SE36
    Good times at the track. Just read the whole thread cruising back to the ATL

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Rob95 View Post
    Good times at the track. Just read the whole thread cruising back to the ATL
    It was a pleasure meeting ya'll. I'm sure we will all meet at the track again soon, but this time on your turf!

- - - Updated - - -

M3rob95 about to drift through turn 17

Lifting the tires a bit

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Video from this weekend

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Clutch and shifter seem solid, looks like I found my next investment, thanks for sharing!!
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325is coupe
    Love this build! Good job man =)
    92 325is S50 swapped... More to follow
    BMW STEPchild- Level 1 technition

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthbeam View Post
    Clutch and shifter seem solid, looks like I found my next investment, thanks for sharing!!
    The clutch is really awesome. Its very easy to drive on the street and rev matching is also easier.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStribS View Post
    Love this build! Good job man =)
    Thanks!

My Cars
    1998 328i sedan
    Great build, job well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by s14Drifterx View Post
    squirt a little oil in da whole ,,, should make it perfect had the same issue..lol
    2001 E39 530I
    2002 Ram 2500 CTD
    1998 Ram 3500 CTD
    1998 Benz E300 3.0TD
    1993 Benz 300D 2.5TD Forsale

My Cars
    DD-VWR32, I want an M
    Did you ever consider the BW shifter? I am wondering if folks are picking one shifter over another due to functionality or cost/preference.

My Cars
    911, 95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutt View Post
    Did you ever consider the BW shifter? I am wondering if folks are picking one shifter over another due to functionality or cost/preference.
    Yes, I just wanted to try something different. I have felt both, and in my opinion, one is not much better than the other. The benefit to the bw shifter is that there is nothing to break. The benefit to the cae shifter is that it's a much lighter throw and it has absolutely no slop. I would be lying if I said I haven't questioned whether its worth the money.

With the CAE shifter, you lose some of that drivetrain vibration through the shifter that is present with BW, AKG, and other SSKs. The throw is also much lighter than the aforementioned shifters. I would say it lacks a natural feel, but makes up for it with its precise shifts. Having the shifter trying to force itself to dead center at all times is really nice (definitely my favorite part) for the 3 to 4 and 4 to 3 shift, but doesn't really help otherwise. I guess you could almost compare this shifter to electric power steering, it lacks a lot of raw feedback, but has a great deal of precision.

Heres a way to decide for all of you guys weighing the options:

Raw, precise - AKG or BW
    Light, smooth throw, $ - CAE
    Last edited by gbreeE90; 06-28-2013 at 10:14 AM.

My Cars
    skateboard
    Nice updates dude. How far apart were the times between you guys?

Hi 5
    “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
    ― George Orwell

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast