Thread: HELP BMW Scanner 1.4. Radio module no longer found on scan

My Cars
    A few

HELP BMW Scanner 1.4. Radio module no longer found on scan

Hello. I used scanned 1.4 to read an e39 2002 530i because I couldn't get to read it with NCS. While I was in, I read the radio module and I changed it to Professional mode and it changed oK and the radio went off. Then I went back and changed it to Normal (Default) but it said : fail. Since then, the radio module is not detected during the scan. The radio has power and displays the time but it doesn't turn on anymore and RAD is listed as "Not Found" during a scan.
    I plugged in another version of NCS and the RAD (Radio) module is listed when getting the VO but I can't read it. When I do Read ECU, I get a No Response from Control Unit error.I can read other modules on the car except for the RAD.

I know my way around NCS and other programming software so if you thinks I can solve the issue using NCS, let me know too.
    Any advice or suggestion on troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, the car doesnt have a port under the hood, just the obd2 under the dash.

Anyone???
    Last edited by undercover911; 05-23-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

bimmercoding@gmail.com
    '86 e30 325e -DD
    '02 e39 530i Alpine White
    '06 e60 M5 Black/Black
    Past
    04 e60 530i Titanium Grey
    99 e38 750iL Anthracite Metallic -1st dream

My Cars
    BMW
    you could code the Rad module back to default settings with NCS expertmode

My Cars
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
    you could code the Rad module back to default settings with NCS expertmode
    Thanks but as indicated in my OP... I've tried that but ... I plugged in another version of NCS and the RAD (Radio) module is listed when getting the VO but I can't read it. When I do Read ECU, I get a No Response from Control Unit error.I can read other modules on the car except for the RAD.

bimmercoding@gmail.com
    '86 e30 325e -DD
    '02 e39 530i Alpine White
    '06 e60 M5 Black/Black
    Past
    04 e60 530i Titanium Grey
    99 e38 750iL Anthracite Metallic -1st dream