Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 17" Concave Arc-8 content in here, post yours!

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite9 View Post
    I plan to. High as the empire state building? I like to find a happy medium between looks and performance. Not just looks. I don't wantonly to be that guy going sideways over speedbumps and scraping entering the driveway. Msilvia I asked why people went with a 9.5 over a 9". What's the point? If there's a benefit to it, I just want to know what it is, that's all.
    Benefit = you have a true square setup that still fits and can be rotated. And I am all for function as well as form. I just picked on you because of your avatar
    Last edited by Msilvia; 05-21-2012 at 01:15 AM.

/
    //

My Cars
    TURBO 99 M3, F82 M4
    I plan to. High as the empire state building? I like to find a happy medium between looks and performance. Not just looks. I don't want to be that guy going sideways over speedbumps and scraping entering the driveway. Im already lowered but plan on doing tcklines down the road. Msilvia I asked why people went with a 9.5 over a 9". What's the point? If there's a benefit to it, I just want to know what it is, that's all.
    I also went with the 9' inch wheel, however to answer your question they did it to have the ability to rotate all four wheels.
    Mod list - M50 manifold; TechniqueTuning Stg2, Apex Arc-8, ZKW euro, clear corners Mike R diffbrace, Koni Yell with HR race
    X-brace UCC tranny mounts -BLK/with enforcers, powerflex rtabs,lcabs, AAfanclutch, mishimoto rad, UCC Ultra-cerametallic Clutch.
    You will go through days of joy and days of sadness as the pursuit for power leads to madness...

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    I'm going to be running 245's all around. 9"front/9.5" rear You'd never know the difference in looks/performance..

My Cars
    e30, e61
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite9
    I'm going to be running 245's all around. 9"front/9.5" rear You'd never know the difference in looks/performance..
    So you're running a square tire set up on mismatched rims? If you're running staggered wheel sizes that you can't rotate you may as well run 245's in the front and 265's in the back.

Sent from my iPhone, expect DYAC idsues

My Cars
    Alpine 97 328is
    I plan to. High as the empire state building? I like to find a happy medium between looks and performance. Not just looks. I don't want to be that guy going sideways over speedbumps and scraping entering the driveway. Im already lowered but plan on doing tcklines down the road. Msilvia I asked why people went with a 9.5 over a 9". What's the point? If there's a benefit to it, I just want to know what it is, that's all.
    Why do you care? Being able to say you're running a square 9.5" setup is pretty awesome. It's not your car. No offense, but your car looks like it's at stock height in the front.

sh1ftgear - any more pics? I'm watching this thread with interest.
    1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    No offense taken. What does this have to do with my cars height? It looks strange cause I'm running a 225 on front for time being till I wear them out. They're stretched and look weird. Im on koni/eibach sport springs.. All I was asking was what's the benefit of the 9.5". That's all. And if there's any downfall of running 245's on a 9 and 9.5" rim I'd like to hear them. No need to try to tear my car apart, not that I really care. I just did a large amount of upgrades this year, I'm done until next. No need for people to get all defensive. Just asking the benefit. Not bashing on anyone's setup, or choice of wheel size.

My Cars
    e46
    Running a square setup reduces understeer and increases tread life as you can rotate. Running 245's all around on a 9 and 9.5 won't yield that same results, although the differences will be negligible on the street. Additionally, if you decide to rotate front to rear, you'll be running a 9.5 up front anyway...

I'd like to see 9's all around.

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Voodoo View Post
    Running a square setup reduces understeer and increases tread life as you can rotate. Running 245's all around on a 9 and 9.5 won't yield that same results, although the differences will be negligible on the street. Additionally, if you decide to rotate front to rear, you'll be running a 9.5 up front anyway...

I'd like to see 9's all around.
    Thank you this is all I was looking for. I don't think I would ever notice the difference in wheel size 1/2" with the same size tires.

My Cars
    97 Alpine M3/4/5
    I installed mine saturday and went out to g-fest sunday.

9.5 all around. 245/40 Toyo T1Rs (so far are awesome)

GC coils Camber set at 0 up front. The fitment is fantastic, i actually think ill order a 5mm spacer for the back.

I have no pics cause i was lazy. But I will.

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonslackisrad View Post

GC coils Camber set at 0 up front. The fitment is fantastic, i actually think ill order a 5mm spacer for the back.

where did you find T1r's?

they must have a nice stretch on the 9.5"?

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Has anyone fitted these with AST 4100s? If so, were there any difficulties?

Avusblau 1994 Euro M3 --> Journal Here
    Lagunagrün 1991 331iS-->Journal Here

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MPowered
    You have 6inch spring? I didn't fit these wheel but I've fitted something similar on my 4100. You Should not have any issue maybe you will not being able to slammed the car but i'm pretty sure you will be able to go low enought.
    Last edited by Phil G; 05-21-2012 at 03:27 PM.

My Cars
    e46
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonslackisrad View Post

looking forward to the pics on a sedan.

My Cars
    95 M3
    got these on my 4100's with vorschlag plates 9.5 square setup. no issues.

My Cars
    hooptie
    really nice ma

My Cars
    95 M3, 01 R6, 1960 Ducati Bronco (FS)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyp View Post
    got these on my 4100's with vorschlag plates 9.5 square setup. no issues.
    Same set up here.
    I'm able to fit the 17s and 18s with no spacers.

17 x 9.5 -245/40/17 Hankook RS3.
    18 x 9.5 - 245/35/18 Kumho Ecsta XS XL

I'll post up some pictures when I get a chance...

My Cars
    Alpine 97 328is
    No offense taken. What does this have to do with my cars height? It looks strange cause I'm running a 225 on front for time being till I wear them out. They're stretched and look weird. Im on koni/eibach sport springs.. All I was asking was what's the benefit of the 9.5". That's all. And if there's any downfall of running 245's on a 9 and 9.5" rim I'd like to hear them. No need to try to tear my car apart, not that I really care. I just did a large amount of upgrades this year, I'm done until next. No need for people to get all defensive. Just asking the benefit. Not bashing on anyone's setup, or choice of wheel size.
    Wasn't trying to tear your car apart - just noting that fitting big tires is much easier at higher ride heights. I guess I misinterpreted your question. Honestly for the difference between 9 and 9.5, maybe somebody would want to run flares and wider tires in the future, so they get a slightly wider wheel to be able to run slightly wider tires when they want. There's also the bragging factor of running wide wheels, I think that has something to do with it.
    Thank you this is all I was looking for. I don't think I would ever notice the difference in wheel size 1/2" with the same size tires.
    Probably not. The difference is that if you were running, say, 235s or 245s on a 9.5, you have a lot more room to go up in sizes than if you were running the same sizes on a 9" wheel.
    1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    No worries man. I'm gonna run 245's all around. I ran 255's on a 9.5x18 last year and it just never fit right. Even with camber, spacers and a roll.

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Quote Originally Posted by phil g View Post
    you have 6inch spring? I didn't fit these wheel but i've fitted something similar on my 4100. You should not have any issue maybe you will not being able to slammed the car but i'm pretty sure you will be able to go low enought.
    Quote Originally Posted by subddub View Post
    same set up here.
    I'm able to fit the 17s and 18s with no spacers.

17 x 9.5 -245/40/17 hankook rs3.
    18 x 9.5 - 245/35/18 kumho ecsta xs xl

i'll post up some pictures when i get a chance...
    Thanks guys, that's what I was looking for.
    Last edited by 3MPowered; 05-21-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Avusblau 1994 Euro M3 --> Journal Here
    Lagunagrün 1991 331iS-->Journal Here

My Cars
    E36 S54 M3, CAAD10,
    Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    This is what I've been waiting for, periodically checking in this thread. Looks absolutely perfect! Hats off to you.
    ty sir!

Why do people run the 9.5's up front? Its a nightmare fitment. Especially since you can fit a 255 on a 9"? My 9" fronts were a cake walk.
    I like to rotate my wheels. 9.5 all around was the best option

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Obvious answer is obvious.

sh1ftgear, were your front wheels "a nightmare fitment"?
    Nope. When I said slight rub, its like 5-10% rubbing on my front fenders. very minimal. If I wanted to get rid of it, I can either add a lil more camber or switch to a 10mm or just roll the fender.

Quote Originally Posted by EThirtySicks View Post
    Why do you care? Being able to say you're running a square 9.5" setup is pretty awesome. It's not your car. No offense, but your car looks like it's at stock height in the front.

sh1ftgear - any more pics? I'm watching this thread with interest.
    I'm off work this wednesday. I will take some more pictures. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPowered View Post
    I'm on ast 4100s with vorshlag plates, but I think I'm on either 5" or 5.5" springs. My spring perches are maxed out to the top.
    Last edited by sh1ftgear; 05-21-2012 at 09:20 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by sh1ftgear View Post
    Here's a shot of the front clearance with 255/40/17 on 17x9.5 with a 12mm spacer. I have about -2.5 camber up front. Slight rub in the front under hard cornering. I think a roll in the front fenders will fix it.

If I somehow find some extra time, I ll take some more shots.

We need more shots.. looks great!
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    Hyper silver looks awesome against white.

My Cars
    E46 M3 ZCP
    Yes we need more pix of sh1ftgear's car please.

Current: 2005 Interlagos Blau Metallic ZCP M3 | New Subframe | TCKline | DIXIS | TFX Retrofit by LIGHTWERKZ
    Gone but not forgotten: 2006 Smoky Granite Mica IS250 AWD
    Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Red Honda CBR 600RR
    MLee4984@gmail.com

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2004 Tacoma

o wait....

My Cars
    97 Alpine M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuchacho View Post
    where did you find T1r's?

they must have a nice stretch on the 9.5"?
    Oops. I have T1R's on my ACS's

I got R1R's - The stretch is minimal with those.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast