Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 17" Concave Arc-8 content in here, post yours!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharocks View Post
    ^^^
    Size of wheels, tire specs please.

Also the concave RC's in 17's I believe are 302's.
    Get back to M3F OT...

I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence - Ayrton Senna
    flickr

My Cars
    03 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 13bpower View Post
    17x9 ET32 RC's. Kinda like APEX. 245 rear 225 front.
    what in the f*ck... this is for apex in CONCAVE style, don't see me postin my 17x9 et42 apex's here. noob

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675

Im going to take some good shots this weekend, Ill start my own thread.

My Cars
    '00 M Coupe
    Want to see these on an E30 M3. Still unsure of whether I want these, or want to save up for LM's which I want for sure but am way too broke to afford

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    alright ya big whiners, edited first post with more pics =D

My Cars
    e46
    ^ hahaha.

are you that high in the rear because you rub too much when lower?

how's everyone on 9.5's 245/40 outback doin' as far as rubbing?

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i

9" front 9.5 rear. 225/40 fronts (temporary) 245/40 rears. rolled, no spacers, koni/eibach suspension. I have since added the center caps, and apex stud conversion kit
    ^^^
    Size of wheels, tire specs please.

Also the concave RC's in 17's I believe are 302's.
    I really want a Set, BADDD.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my builds on youtube and IG.

www.youtube.com/thenameskam

@thenameskam on IG

My Cars
    1998 m3 coupe, 68 FJ40
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Voodoo View Post
    ^ hahaha.

I had to roll the rear to fit my 245/40. But I'm pretty low in the rear too. Stock camber settings, no spacers.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by dasmeth View Post
    Want to see these on an E30 M3. Still unsure of whether I want these, or want to save up for LM's which I want for sure but am way too broke to afford

Well if it helps your decision, it doesn't seem like BBS is selling the 18x8 LM's for our cars anymore. You'd probably be better off waiting to find some used ones... although that's pretty rare as well.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    e46
    Quote Originally Posted by graphite9 View Post
    I had to roll the rear to fit my 245/40. But I'm pretty low in the rear too. Stock camber settings, no spacers.
    what's your height from fender to hub?

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Donny Voodoo View Post
    ^ hahaha.

I don't rub at all. My fenders were rolled. It is sitting that high as I just never have messed with the settings at all. It handles so well now I'm just enjoying it for now. I'll drop it down a bit this weekend.

My Cars
    03 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by dasmeth View Post
    eddy had them on his e30 M3 when I picked up my apex's... They looked pretty bad ass, i'm sure there's a picture of it floating around

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by MTrace View Post

Im going to take some good shots this weekend, Ill start my own thread.
    Your car is gorgeous, very tastefully modded. More pics ASAP

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E90, E36, E10
    Pretty bummed on how things turned out today.

I had 245/40/17 Michelin Pilot super sports mounted on all four 17x9.5's today. I really wish I ordered the 17x9 for the front because the 17x9.5 wont clear the height adjuster for my PSS9 even with a 10mm spacer.

I suppose I could put a 12mm in there but when I tested the 10mm, the wheel was poking out a long ways.

The rear has a 5mm spacer and fits with room to spare. Don't know what to do about the front.

I guess I will be returning these tires and getting a model that offers a 235/40/17 since I will have to go staggered. I don't have camber plates and don't want to reverse my strut mounts.

My Cars
    99' Cosmos ///M3
    hmmm. I say you keep what u have, add a 12mm spacer and go with camber plates. itll look super aggressive and awesome...

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BMXWill

I had 245/40/17 Michelin Pilot super sports mounted on all four 17x9.5's today. I really wish I ordered the 17x9 for the front because the 17x9.5 wont clear the height adjuster for my PSS9 even with a 10mm spacer.

I suppose I could put a 12mm in there but when I tested the 10mm, the wheel was poking out a long ways.

The rear has a 5mm spacer and fits with room to spare. Don't know what to do about the front.

I guess I will be returning these tires and getting a model that offers a 235/40/17 since I will have to go staggered. I don't have camber plates and don't want to reverse my strut mounts.
    Sucks. I just got my PSSs mounted. Hope I don't run into the same issues.

Not sure about adjuster differences, but I'm running GC coils and have 5mm spacers. I'll update on Saturday.

My Cars
    E90, E36, E10
    I know the 12mm with camber plates/reversed strut mounts will look good but it's going to eat through tires like crazy!

I'm going to test fit them with 12mm and maybe even 15mm to make sure it clears the strut and I will also test them on my friends e36 with TCK coilovers.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Camber won't eat tires as bad as you think. It's the incorrect toe settings that wear out the inside shoulder of the tire prematurely. When you tip in the caster, you need to reset the toe - get an alignment.

I have 4 degrees of negative camber in the front and 2.8 degrees in the back. I now have about 7,000 miles on a set of Star Specs. The inside shoulders have a marginal amount more wear than the outside, but the tires easily have another 10,000 miles left in them. And I drive the snot out of this thing.

If all you need is to step up about 1/2 degree more camber, as long as you get the toe re-set you'll be fine.
    Last edited by jakermac; 05-16-2012 at 08:34 PM.

My Cars
    03 M3
    +1 on adding more camber, even on my 17x9 et 42 with 12 mm spacer I was rubbing the outer fender with -2.1, added more, got -2.8 and its a much better fit, but is not as aggressive.

My Cars
    06 E60 550I/93 Acura Leg
    Quote Originally Posted by andrep6810 View Post
    Black is beautiful
    yup

My Cars
    e30 M3, 335d
    Quote Originally Posted by BMXWill View Post

Your lower spring perch is too low because your spring is too long for a fitment with the wheel close to the tube. If the kit has a helper or tender spring remove that. If that doesn't get you the room you need or it doesn't have one, then get a shorter aftermarket race spring. You may have a 7" spring on there, when a 6 would suffice. Not only is that the right way to fix your setup, at $75 each spring, it's also one of the cheapest ways to fix it. If you don't have plates, you'd need to get your hands on the upper perches that work with a race spring. They too can be sourced.
    Last edited by paintpro21; 05-16-2012 at 10:53 PM.

My Cars
    I lost count
    Man, just swap those strut hats and call it a day! That's such a good free mod for the E36, I don't know why you wouldn't do it.

My Cars
    98 M3 Cosmos
    hyperblack on cosmos looks great.
    anyone know if there's going to be another group buy anytime soon?

My Cars
    E90, E36, E10
    Quote Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
    Your lower spring perch is too low because your spring is too long for a fitment with the wheel close to the tube. If the kit has a helper or tender spring remove that. If that doesn't get you the room you need or it doesn't have one, then get a shorter aftermarket race spring. You may have a 7" spring on there, when a 6 would suffice. Not only is that the right way to fix your setup, at $75 each spring, it's also one of the cheapest ways to fix it. If you don't have plates, you'd need to get your hands on the upper perches that work with a race spring. They too can be sourced.
    This is why you guys are awesome! Thanks. I can't stress enough how much I LOVE these wheels!

I worked on it a little more last night and raised the car just about as high as it could go in the front and I could just clear the adjusters with a 10mm spacer. (no helper springs)

I am going to try to find an upper perch that will work with a TCK spring since I should have access to some 500lb 6"ers

Here are some pics

I guess I exaggerated the poke in my initial post.

5mm spacer in the rear, might need a 10mm to match the front lol

Height adjuster location for tire clearance. PSS9

My Cars
    Alpine 97 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilation View Post
    Man, just swap those strut hats and call it a day! That's such a good free mod for the E36, I don't know why you wouldn't do it.
    +1

Good call with the spring advice, that's exactly what I would do. Shorter springs, remove the helper, and that'll move the perch up enough that you can run wheels with less internal clearance needed and still be at the same ride height.
    1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
    ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast