Thread: 03 325i Weird AC Fan Sensor,Ac Pump And AUX fan Not working

My Cars
    Two 92' 325i's,03' 325i

03 325i Weird AC Fan Sensor,Ac Pump And AUX fan Not working

After a failed water pump bearing I did a full cooling system overhaul belts,wp pully,plastic fan,water pump,fan clutch.

Went for a test drive and everything worked perfect, Ac blows cold and i heard the AUX fan run after parking

a Few hours later a trip to the store and AC pump and aux fan not working and the dash shows
    -40 temp

I started checking sensors, cant find a part number for this sensor in the pic, the inside was wet and a little foam peice inside was falling apart to crumbs is this the problem? when the pump went out everything had coolant all over it
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    88,m5 95 740 04 XI E90
    That is not your problem. It's the sniffer for the system. It detects bad odors and turns your heater recirculation on to keep the bad smells out of the car. See the link below for the part number. Your problem is the outside temp sensor in the l/f fender will under the fog light. Your car sees no reason to turn on the ac compressor when its -40 outside. Find and fix that. Your heater will work with that sensor unplugged.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...00&hg=64&fg=45

My Cars
    Two 92' 325i's,03' 325i
    Thank you that fixed the problem! At first i couldn't find the sensor it was missing, someone had stuck it the little vent pipe that comes out of the headlight........ i tapped on it and it now reads 122f time for a new sensor at least the ac works