Thread: I love the E21 jack!

My Cars
    '83 323i, '82 320i, '06 mazda5

I love the E21 jack!

Noticed I had a flat at work and went out on my lunch to change it. Six minutes later (!) had the full size spare on. Just before the rains hit!!!

I even had time to wash my hands and eat my food.

Got me wondering, what's the fastest any of you guys have changed a flat?

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    Right on.
    I'm slow as molasses, maybe 18 minutes for me
    Tbd

My Cars
    E21
    It depends....at work? like 4-5 min (sooooo gotta love air tools ^_^)....at home? like 10-15min :P

My Cars
    '81 320i
    Seven seconds! On a serious note...probably like 15-20 minutes. I can't say I've ever tried to change it as fast as I can. If I ever do I'll make sure to let you know

My Cars
    1983 BMW 320i
    Its a very clever jack, I have only used it on a concrete floor never on the side of the road. I'm new to these cars, one of the first things I did notice was the spare wheel...not just a spare tire on a steel rim or worse yet a tiny econo spare. No this car comes with a matching wheel. Nice.

I work around heavy farm equipment, every time I go fast something breaks. So it could take up to an hour for me to change out a flat.
    Last edited by spdermnky; 05-10-2012 at 09:29 AM.

My Cars
    '79 320/6
    Last time I did it my son helped me and he dropped the lugs. He said a bad word and his Mom washed his mouth out with soap. Never could figure out where he hear that bad word from.... or was that from Christmas Story?

Seriously, the car jack scares the BeeJuss out of me. I use a regular floor jack. About 5 mins for the change tops.
    I still drive daily with no commute...
    The Hazard is All, Praise the Hazard!

My Cars
    02 530/5 sport,68 Camaro
    I've changed mine on the side of the road. It's the best jack I've ever used! It took me about 5 to 6 minutes topps. I once changed a flat on my old Honda Accord at 4am on the way home from work, that took about 6 minutes also. I had lots of motivation to get going again.....scared

My Cars
    '83 323i, '82 320i, '06 mazda5
    Quote Originally Posted by midlifebmw View Post
    Seriously, the car jack scares the BeeJuss out of me. I use a regular floor jack. About 5 mins for the change tops.
    I see your point, and I agree with using a floor jack when available. But I was at work and didn't have access to one.

Of course, I would NEVER get under the car using the factory jack!

My Cars
    '79 320/6
    Agreed!
    I did once change the rear tire on our toyota camry on the Whitestone Bridge in under 2 mins! Didn't want to get towed and charged! We were just about at the top when the tire shredded! that was nearly 20 years ago.
    Last edited by midlifebmw; 05-11-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    I still drive daily with no commute...
    The Hazard is All, Praise the Hazard!

My Cars
    sold 78 BMW 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by midlifebmw View Post
    Agreed!
    I did once change the rear tire on our toyota camry on the Whitestone Bridge in under 2 mins! Didn't want to get towed and charged! We were just about at the top when the tire shredded! that was nearly 20 years ago.
    When I had a blowout (boom) in a '74 Granada on the side of a busy freeway with the trunk and car packed to the gills, I drove it on the steel wheel to the next exit
    Tbd