Thread: Condensation in headlamp

My Cars
    2008 BMW 320

Condensation in headlamp

Hi

One of the headlamp units on my Pre facelift E90 is full of condensation. My dealer says it is faulty, but (typically) it isn't covered under the extended warranty on the car! I'm putting the down to all the wet weather lately, but something is definitely not right.

Has anyone had this problem before, and is there an easy (and more importantly, cheap) way to fix it. I don't want to buy a new lamp unit unless I really have to.

Thanks

mattjw916 is offline I had something for this BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2011 335xi, 2006 325xi
    Just grab a second-hand one from a breaker's yard if it's really bad. From watching Mike and Edd on Wheeler Dealers it seems there are no shortage of used BMW parts in the UK.

I've heard of people baking them apart to upgrade angel eyes and such but that sounds like a PITA to me.

My Cars
    2008 BMW 320
    Ok thanks. Hoped there would be a repair here, but never mind - perhaps I should take the opportunity to fit angel eyes??

My Cars
    2006 BMW 330i Touring
    I had the same problem, easy solution was to position the car facing towards the sun on a bright sunny day so the headlights catch the sun, condensation disappeared and has not reappeared.