Thread: 2007 E90 320d Loss of power

My Cars
    E46-325CI Sport, 318

2007 E90 320d Loss of power

Hi All,

I have a problem with my 2007 E90 320d auto.

It has no power at all and struggles to get up hills.

I have the BMW DIS system and it came up with a problem with the Charge pressure- Cant remember extactly what its stated.

The DIS system then went onto to guide me through a diagnostic procedure to test the MAF, Intake temps, etc to help pinpoint the problem but failed to complete the test procedure because, in one of the test procedures, the DIS software revs the car upto 4000 rpm to conduct a test (cant remember which) but it had to terminate it because the engine would not rev passed 3.5k or so.

Also, in one of the test procedures- on idle, it tested the Charge air temp and the Intake air temps - the readings showed that the Intake air temp was much Higher than the CHARGE AIR TEMP - DIS suggested that the Charge air temp should be significantly higher than the INTAKE AIR TEMP - if this is the case then it appears that my charge air temp sensor is not reading the temp right?

I am a bit confused here as I thought that once the air passes through the intercooler, the charge air temp should be cooler?? I am right in thinking this................but since the car is stationary (no air passing through the intercooler) is it true that the CHARGE AIR TEMP should be higher.

any help would be much appreciated.

many thanks

Ray

My Cars
    Alpina D3
    Try to check the MAP sensor too. It's on the back of the intake manifold.

My Cars
    E83
    Did you fix it? My readings are as yours, charge air temp is lower than intake, I changed MAF, MAP and the temperature sensor which reports the charge air temp with no success, lack of power under 2.2k rpm.