Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy5000's Build Thread

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by purduinaM3 View Post
    What color smoke is coming out of the M3? Are you burning any oil?

As for the DD, I know you said not yet, but I thought I'd just throw it out there that my Audi has made an awesome DD. Great in the snow, no reliability issues (as long as you get the right engine) and extremely comfy/smooth yet still fun. Not sure if you saw it parked behind my M at Bimmerfest with the "M3 BFF" plates
    Smoke is blue. And I'm definitely losing oil since I last put it in, but I am leaking a little bit of oil from the pan ever since I put on the new one. I know I need to reseal it, but I've been to busy. Smoke started ever since I did my front end stuff (baffled pan, reinforced subframe, z3 oil pick up tube, vorshlag motor/trans mounts, and secured opn). I know that none of those should cause the smoke, but it's just a weird coincidence as far as timing goes I guess.

As far as the Audi goes, I did see it at Bimmerfest! I've always been slightly reluctant about Audis though since none of my VW friends seem to have great reliability.

And FWIW smoke is big on start up and wot, but normal driving is pretty minimal. Car still feels the same power wise.
    Last edited by jeremy5000; 09-06-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '93 325is, '05 Accent
    Could the oil separator be clogged or messed up? If it sucks in enough oil I'd imagine it could smoke like that. My car was before they used the oil separators, and I had blue smoke on some startups. I went to a catch can system and havent had the problem since.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by NJohc View Post
    Could the oil separator be clogged or messed up? If it sucks in enough oil I'd imagine it could smoke like that. My car was before they used the oil separators, and I had blue smoke on some startups. I went to a catch can system and havent had the problem since.
    I'll look into it. I'm probably just gonna bring it to one of the local race shops (Possum Hollow Motorsports) because its just an excuse to start prep for the roll bar.

Kinda want another set of wheels in 18x9.5 or 18x10... opinions on these?
    Forgestar CF5

Volk CE28n rep by Varrstoen
    Last edited by jeremy5000; 09-10-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    98 m3
    how about some work meisters? and if you go audi, idk if your getting brand spanking new but my old car was a b5 1.8t id recommend the same car just the 2.8l v6 non turbo. Run that shit into the ground and I never ever ever was stuck. I had 4 bald tires to the steel belt doing donuts in a foot to 2 feet of snow. I can agree on the BMW awd, I could see it being similar to the Merc 4matic which IMO would suck if it didnt brake for you.
    Last edited by coslz1; 09-10-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    1998 techno violett 5 spd black vaders + goodies

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by coslz1 View Post
    how about some work meisters? and if you go audi, idk if your getting brand spanking new but my old car was a b5 1.8t id recommend the same car just the 2.8l v6 non turbo. Run that shit into the ground and I never ever ever was stuck. I had 4 bald tires to the steel belt doing donuts in a foot to 2 feet of snow. I can agree on the BMW awd, I could see it being similar to the Merc 4matic which IMO would suck if it didnt brake for you.
    I'm probably gonna buy new since I have yet to buy a new car. As for the wheels, i want something that I've never seen before on an e36. I may look into finding a set of RACs in 18x9.5 et35.

My Cars
    98 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy5000 View Post
    I'm probably gonna buy new since I have yet to buy a new car. As for the wheels, i want something that I've never seen before on an e36. I may look into finding a set of RACs in 18x9.5 et35.
    those are some sweet wheels go for it!
    1998 techno violett 5 spd black vaders + goodies

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335i E90
    Volk CE28 reps are sexy. And is that a bbk I see on the car?

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell042 View Post
    Volk CE28 reps are sexy. And is that a bbk I see on the car?
    No bbk, stock m3 brakes are fine for the time being.

My Cars
    98 M3
    I was reversing into a parralel spot and some jackass hit my front drivers side while i was at full lock. Wheel was pushed into the bumper and car couldn't drive away, it is a sad day today. I was planning on having bimmerworks do the work, unless any of you have any other recommendations...

My Cars
    98 M3
    Picked up a set of Alutec M Pro 2-piece wheels last night in 18x8.5 et14 and 18x10 et19 with 245/40/18 and 265/35/18 Nitto NT555s on all but one... don't really know what my plans are for them, either sell them, restore and sell them, restore and put them on my car, or scrap them because I don't know how much they're worth. Opinions needed!

I had no idea that a 265 could look stretched on a 265

Lips

My parts collection is finally starting to thin out, even though my car is still gone.

Have my Michelin Pilot Sport Cups being protected by noneotherthan Jeff Gordon and trash bags

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Boston Green
    Keep posting updates! Sub'd for mo paur pieces.
    BMW 1995 E36 M3 Luxury Pkg. (Bostongruen Metallic 275)

BMW 1999 E36 323is Sport Pkg. (Orientblau Metallic 317)

iSociety

My Cars
    98 M3
    Car is still in the shop from the accident... Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get it back today. Once I get it back I've got some maintenance (valve cover gasket, brakes lines, fluid, belts, spark plugs, rtab pockets, and probably a few more things I'm forgetting to address). I also will be ordering some fun parts for the car too since I've accumulated quite a lot of money in my car fund. Also going to check out a 6spd x3 on Saturday so we will see how that goes too.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Alright, so I finally got my car back after nearly 5 months! I forgot how amazing it is to drive, but I also forgot how much summer tires suck in the snow after going out for a drive last night. As far as what's in store for the coming weeks, I have/am ordering these parts to install and the plan is to have the car setup with a custom 4 pt roll bar (the same one as pictured below), two fixed back seats (still haven't decided which ones yet, but most likely will be Sparco Pro2000 or Cobra Suzuka), 6pt harnesses, valve cover gasket, new Bimmerworld brake lines, rebuild e-brake, decide on how much interior to strip (if headliner and rear shelf are kept, I will recover them in alcantara), brass caliper guide bushings (still can't decide whether or not to keep these or sell them, since I don't feel like constantly lubing them up since the car is still my DD), weld RTAB pockets up with AKG plates, finally wire up my horn in the Personal steering wheel, install my custom delrin shift knob, corner balance, change some oil, put in tons of new brake fluid, change drive belts, order an electric fan setup so I can finally install my new cooling system, order radiator baffle for my MM underpanel, and probably a few more odds and ends, but just stay tuned! The main purpose is to have it ready to drive in some of the local hill climb events this year.

And just because Obioban took this...

And since TC Kline had the damper backordered I switched to air ride:

My Cars
    '97 M3, '93 Miata
    Feeling the car! Nice work so far. I see you are planning on fixed back seats in the near future. Have you considered Recaro?

My Cars
    '98 M3
    What was done to the car for the 5 months it sat in the shop? Was it damaged that bad?

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by na6croadster View Post
    Feeling the car! Nice work so far. I see you are planning on fixed back seats in the near future. Have you considered Recaro?
    I've sat in the pole positions and loved them, but the harness slots on my shoulders are too low so it would be unsafe. And I wasnt a huge fan of the spg, but if there were to be a group buy I'd just make it work with the recaro. I like the split ass cushions on the suzuka and the pro2000 feels nice too, but I kinda want to wait for the corbeau fia seats which are coming to the states at the end of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedM3 View Post
    What was done to the car for the 5 months it sat in the shop? Was it damaged that bad?
    As far as damage goes... Dented fender, destroyed fender liner, bent control arm, bent coilover, and a few more little odds and ends. The damper from tc kline was on backorder so that wasted most of the time, and allstate was a huge pain in the ass about paying for the aftermarket damper.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Getting something really cool, awesome, amazing, and might I add custom tailored today for my car started today... Feel free to take guesses as to what it is

My Cars
    95 LS1 M3
    if it hasn't been decided already, go for the varrstoens
    Race/Street Wheel stud conversion kits and spacers --->www.MotorsportHardware.com
    95 M3 7.1L LSX

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by kalib0y View Post
    if it hasn't been decided already, go for the varrstoens
    For summer 2014, I'm gonna work with Vivid Racing/Volk to get a batch of 5-10 sets of 17" 5x120 wheels in aggressive sizes for e36 folk to run 255s with camber and roll/pull. I decided against reps.

Oh and fwiw this surprise will make this rendering be a thing of the past...
    Last edited by jeremy5000; 02-08-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    98 M3
    So after some boredom of not having my car for quite a while, I had Oth at Fantastic Voyages Unlimited make me a rendering of a sneak at what may becoming in the very near future... minus the crazy low. He does fantastic work! If you guys ever need any work or want to check out some crazy creations both about cars and other things check out his website and send him a message!

My rendering:

Slitz's renderings:

and Slitz's actual 5.0L swapped e36...

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Are those the wheel style you're trying to get done? Looks cool!
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Trying to see if I could get custom centers that look like that done to fit in BBS RS lips/barrels.

Ohhhh and one pic for you
    Last edited by jeremy5000; 02-25-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Nice. I'd be nice to see some more nice multipiece options done with the RS style lips.

Yeah get that Derby! You make it yet?
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    98 M3
    Nice. I'd be nice to see some more nice multipiece options done with the RS style lips.

Yeah get that Derby! You make it yet?
    I messed with it a little over the weekend, but didn't have much Applejack (my brandy of choice)... picked some up with e39hamann earlier today and should be making them for us after Top Gear is over and yea, I'd really like to see some options of centers that fit in rs parts.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Windshield got chipped yesterday while doing this...

And just one nice normal pic

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast