Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Diagnostic program with realtime graph view

My Cars
    Which day of the week?
    I think you'll be able to find enough interested people to put together an open source project. I'm glad there's a free option. There always should be.

Thank you.

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneC View Post
    There is a terminal program I found a while back specifically intended for use in debugging serial streams

Never used it but it may be what you are looking for to enable people to capture streams and send them to you

See real term at sourceforge (realterm.sourceforge.net) sorry cant post direct links at the moment
    This program has the features that would come in handy in debugging streams but unfortunately the driver to enable so called Spy mode is not. Seems you have to donate first in order to get the driver.

Anyway debugging streams can be done with help of tool32 so that's not really a problem.
    E61 520d LCI

Check out TestO - free datalogger for BMW. Includes support for: AEM, PLX, 14point7, Innovate (through SDK)

My Cars
    e39 m5
    There is a free tool called DataLogger which works with nearly all older bmws

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Quote Originally Posted by starshy View Post
    There is a free tool called DataLogger which works with nearly all older bmws
    never heard that. Do you have a download link?
    E61 520d LCI

Check out TestO - free datalogger for BMW. Includes support for: AEM, PLX, 14point7, Innovate (through SDK)

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Watched some real-time lambda oscillations in a graph and it seems my both lambdas are in quite good shape. Compared to MS42 readings oscillation was much slower.

Also when watching lambdaintegrators values while spraying brake cleaner to intake manifold tell that I still have tiny vacuum leak in the back plate.

And had some time to code and did actually communicate with my ecu straight from serial port without Ediabas. Read 40 bytes from memory in one reply which contained info for about 9 values: lambda voltages 1&2, lambda integrators, etc. Some values need to be fetched from ADC controller, like TPS and MAF voltage.
    Last edited by pheno; 09-25-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    2012 BMW E90 320
    Thanks so much for the amazing works! Just wonder if it's possible to add the feature to record the CAN BUS frame?

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pheno View Post
    And had some time to code and did actually communicate with my ecu straight from serial port without Ediabas. Read 40 bytes from memory in one reply which contained info for about 9 values: lambda voltages 1&2, lambda integrators, etc. Some values need to be fetched from ADC controller, like TPS and MAF voltage.
    Very cool! Let me know if I can help do any MS41 testing.

My Cars
    E91
    Hi Pheno,realy nice tool,big thanks for that, working fine with DDE606 .Can t say that the readout is to slow.
    Last edited by 4711; 10-16-2012 at 11:43 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 328i 2000
    Great software. Now we just need a logviewer to analyse.

Would it be possible to change the filesaver so we can use it with megalogviewer ?

Best regards
    Jonas

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    Great software. Now we just need a logviewer to analyse.

Would it be possible to change the filesaver so we can use it with megalogviewer ?

Best regards
    Jonas
    Hejssan !

I had a look at that megalogviewer earlier but I could not find the format of the log file that it expects.

Can you find me the description of the log file that megalogviewer reads ? I can implement testo to produce such file if there are no other restrictions..
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    BMW 328i 2000
    Hejssan !

I had a look at that megalogviewer earlier but I could not find the format of the log file that it expects.

Can you find me the description of the log file that megalogviewer reads ? I can implement testo to produce such file if there are no other restrictions..
    Yes i think we can work something out. Send me an email at svetsjonas@gmail.com and ill send you some stuff over the email.

Best regards
    Jonas, Sweden

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

datalogging software

smooth11981

check your PM

So that other people can know, does this software enable us to monitor the knocksensor live data along with ignition timing and lambda? This would be perfect for dyno tuning. My DME is the Siemens MS42

Let me know

Regards,
    Mark

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Just a general question to everybody:

Is there some value you would like to watch or log but you can't find it in your ecu jobs list ?

For example DDE 4.0 has bunch of values available but they are not shown in jobs list.

Thank you.
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    1998 bmw m3 coupe smg
    id be interested in any smg info for the e36 m3 ms50 mate.

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    id be interested in any smg info for the e36 m3 ms50 mate.
    Have you tried smg.prg ? do you want me to convert it for you as .BIV file ?

it has 'status_io_lesen' with bunch of values.
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    I wonder if one could cobble scripts together using something like netcat and perl.

Is there an english api document for ediabasapi.dll somewhere?

It seems like this is the wrapper for much of the comms.

If you put up a network sniffer on vmnet1 you could capture the chatter between the software and the hardware pretty easily over tcp/ip.

I'm still catching up and waiting on hardware orders but it seems like there's quite a few people working on this from several angles right now.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Just updated a new version of Testo. Haven't had much time to devote to this so nothing special new in the GUI area but...

It now has a feature that runs a set of status jobs against your ECU and saves a trace file. From 'Debug' menu select 'Trace' and a dialog will appear. Select your ECU from ECU list. Then press 'Run trace' and wait it to finish. Then press 'send log files'.

You will need working EDIABAS/INPA install. DIS is not required.

If you want faster logging for your ecu please send the trace files to me by pressing 'send log files' when connected to Internet or email them to me. Do it as many times as you want. The more the better. Without your help faster logging won't happen. Trace files can be found in 'DebugLogs' folder.

This is the first step (getting large amount of trace files) of various ECU's to have direct com port reading/writing implemented in testo.

Files are in plain text format so there you can see what is going on. Heck, maybe someone else will start decoding them too !

So take those trace files and send them over here. Thanks.
    Last edited by pheno; 12-14-2012 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    bmw

Question question [request]

Hi,

All parameters one by one, I can see with program Tool32. No prblem.
    Even, these can be recorded.
    Not need the graphics on the screen. Only write data to file. "Time" and 4 - 8 parameters.
    Suggest a format, which uses a program VAG-COM[VCDS].

You can?
    Last edited by kanon; 11-28-2012 at 05:57 AM.

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    The MAIN question is writing a log file !!!

I need to write data to file. Only "Time" and 4 - 8 parameters. Fast and many.

Very IMPORTANT recording format.
    ---------------------------------

I would suggest a format, which uses a program VAG-COM[VCDS].
    There is a very good program "dp_logview" to view "VCDS" logs.

Can I hope that my dream has come true ?
    Hi Kanon,

Thanks.

This program can record a CSV log file.

First select the jobs you are interested in and then start logging from menu 'File Logger' --> 'start'.

If you want faster logger you can help me by taking a trace file and sending it to me.

What cars are you working on ?
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    bmw
    Hi,

I understand how to work with the program.

Now I can`t work with the program - it should be easy to work with log files.
    If something like VCDS - the program will be good

What level "Trace" you would like ?

Last edited by kanon; 11-28-2012 at 05:55 AM.

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Hi, pheno !

If something like VCDS - the program will be golden/world-class.

Now more specifically, what level "Trace" you would like ?
    Kanon, Thanks. Let's see what we can do about that.

[ It sounds I'm going to have to buy a car from VAG Concern just to try out this golden program called VCDS ]

Ok, back to the business. Taking the trace file is easy. I told already how to do that.

Here are the instructions:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...6&postcount=92

Is this OK ? You don't have to play with trace files at all.. is this easy enough ?

You can send these trace files also by email - just send me private message to get my email.
    Last edited by pheno; 11-27-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    bmw
    Hi,
    You misunderstood what I meant. Sorry.
    OK.
    Good luck
    Last edited by kanon; 11-27-2012 at 02:56 PM.

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    You misunderstood what I meant. Sorry.

Some information for you: - VCDS with VAG concern not related.
    VCDS developed enthusiasts like you ....*

OK. I understand your humor ...

Good luck

What diagnostic values would you like to log for M47 or M57 ?

Tell also PRG names you use.
    Last edited by pheno; 11-28-2012 at 01:08 AM.
    E61 520d LCI

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Just updated a new version of Testo. Haven't had much time to devote to this so nothing special new in the GUI area but...

It now has a feature that runs a set of status jobs against your ECU and saves a trace file. From 'Debug' menu select 'Trace' and a dialog will appear. Select your ECU from ECU list. Then press 'Run trace' and wait it to finish. Then press 'send log files'.

If you want to help to enable faster logging for your ecu please send the trace files to me by pressing 'send log files' when connected to Internet or email them to me. You can run it as many times as you want and send too. The more the better. Files can be found in 'DebugLogs' folder.

This is the first step (getting large amount of trace files) of various ECU's to have direct com port reading/writing implemented in testo.

Files are in plain text format so there you can see what is going on. Heck, maybe someone else will start decoding them too !

So take those trace files and send them over here. Thanks.
    Sounds like you've made some significant progress on this! I will send some MS41 Trace files soon.

My Cars
    E61 520d LCI
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf View Post
    Sounds like you've made some significant progress on this! I will send some MS41 Trace files soon.
    Thanks. I appreciate that.

In the meantime I'll add a possibility to add parameters to a job. Newer ecus like MS43 have a job that will return values you have requested in parameters - in one reply.
    Last edited by pheno; 11-29-2012 at 04:28 AM.
    E61 520d LCI

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast