Thread: Why is it so hard to find wiper blade replacements? (2001 E39)

My Cars
    2001 325i

Arrow Why is it so hard to find wiper blade replacements? (2001 E39)

I don't get it... why on earth is it so difficult to find blades for our cars? Why is it that no one carries them?
    I've tried Wal-Mart, Kragen, & Autozone with no luck.
    Anyone know where I could pick some up for a reasonable price online?
    It's a 2001 528iT. Thanks!

My Cars
    540i 6mt
    I changed my wipers today, just picked up some inserts from the dealer for about $14. It's not the whole wiper, but it takes all of ten minutes to transfer the new blades to the existing blade structure.

If you go this route, on the OEM wipers you'll notice these thin metal, flat rods in the wiper blade itself. You take those out, put them in the new blades (makes them stiff) and slip them into the wiper housing. Not too hard, it's pretty self explanatory once you see it.
    Kevin 1997 540i6 (sold T_T)

My Cars
    '92 525ia [E34]
    I trided one of those and it sucked Got replacements on the driver side (bad mistake) and a bosch twin blade on passenger side. Saw a HUGE difference on the passenger side. but then again the replacement one was like $10 and the twin blade was $30.. Boght a pair of new ones now. $90!!! How can some cheap rubber be so damn expencive!

My Cars
    98 540ia sport. 99 Land Cruiser,90 M-B 420SEL
    You can use Anco 22 inch NARROW blades for the passenger side. I think the model # is N22-R for Anco. The 25 inch driver's side is not made here according to my parts store. You can probably buy a longer narrow blade (for a single blade Mercedes) and cut it down to size so I've heard.

I just gave up and bought the driver's side blades online:

http://www.the-best-source.com/impor...ts_catalog.asp
    98 540ia sport, 99 Land Cruiser, 99 Chevrolet Silverado Z-71 Ext. cab, 01 X5 4.4

An armed society is a polite society.