Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: stock vs h/k upgrade radio

Can someone please tell me the difference between a stock 328i radio(1996 i-bus) and h/k upgrade radio from a 1996 m3. are they compatible, will the m3 h/k upgrade operate the bmw cd trunk changer, is it also i-bus. TIA
    328i C

My Cars
    Pokeball
    the h/k headunit should add the vehicle speed compesation for volume. although, i believe the spatial enhancement is handled by the amp. either h/k or stock will control same cd changer.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Question

I thought the HK system also added the two larger speakers in the rear deck?
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    Pokeball
    hi kevlar,,,
    yeah that's true,,, i just inferred from his post that he was only interested in the headunit as, if i were to guess, he wants to take a headunit out of a h/k car and put it into his non h/k car and just wanted to know if it will control the same changer,,,, is that right? did i guess right?

My Cars
    '97 328i
    movin to the audio forum.....
    '97 328i, Montreal blue
    '86 535i Champagne (sold!)
    Sandbox IT

h/k questions

Yeah, well first off I have cabrio so I don't have the rear deck speakers, I was just looking to pick it up for replacement as living here in big apple its good to have one and someone is selling.So will the loss of the deck rear deck speakers affect the changeover, I have two kick panel speakers, two door speakers and two spekers in the rear just above armrests. TIA
    328i C

here's the answer

Okay for Info purposes, I have now ascertained that the radios are the same (part # match) between stock and h/k upgrade, so only the speakers and now to find out if amp is also different.
    328i C