Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Timing, VANOS, 1 tooth offset to crankshaft

My Cars
    '08 bmw 650i
    Replaced valve stem seals and head gaskets on my 650i e64 and now I get this codes. Should I do a vanos limit position relearn with ista+ or try the ram back up with DIS? Engine is also making some strange noise : https://streamable.com/1lsgd

My Cars
    E46 330ci e60 540
    Hello guy .. i have same problem in my car .. exhaust camshaft, tooth offset to crankshaft

Did any one find the solution of this problem

Please help

My Cars
    E46 318Ci facelift
    Hello to all,

I have N46B20O1. Inpa shows my camshaft adaptation in the red zone. Nevertheless Ista have not shown yet any failure with that. I think so I have the same problem like you.

My Cars
    E65 750i
    Hello, did you solve your issue with 2A8C and 2A90 codes?

My Cars
    2006 BMW x5 4.4 v8
    I have a similar issue with mine. It's a 2006 x5 4.4v8 with the n62. The issue I have is the drivers side bank has no fuel or spark along with code 2A89. Idles real rough untill you bring rpms above 3k. Replaced all spark plugs swapped could backs from pass side with no change. Had drivers side VC off and chain seems tight. I've been scouring the internet trying to point me in the right direction. Local shop in town says it needs a new engine. Any help would be appreciated

My Cars
    08 BMW 550i
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinaman View Post
    ok .. listen carefully

have you opened it up before this happend or one day u came and it happend

does the code say anything like camshaft output stage ..

if so there are a few things to check ..

1.eccentric shaft sensor ..

if eccentric shaft sensor checks out

2. input stage is intake output stage is exaust depending on that code look into that camshaft actuator .. if you clear the code and it comes back after the second start

its eighter a computer issue ( btw theres an update available for the valvetronics)

theres in a cut wire ..

NOW for what ive seen and repaired

output stage cam code .. did the software update via our shops autologic
    second did a visual on the actuator wires and turns out the plastic connector chiped and one wire was sticking out of the connector housing .. could be tricky to fix specially if you call bmw they will want to sell you compete harness..

i used a older bmw wiring harness and matched up the wires and walla

did a syncro of the cams before starting and adjusted the mininum stroke to .08 the car has never idled smooth in its lifespan ..

goodluck i kno my writing is everywhere

but what do you expect from a mechanic lol spend my time in the shop more than english class
    Hey man I’m having this issue and it started happening when I would get on it not even much. I have the 2008 550i. In limp mode full time changed the 4 sensors on back of motor the one under by transmission on passenger side. When I’m down shifting (in automatic its impossible to drive) when I get down to first gear the car will jump forward rpms bounce from 550 to 750. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234