Thread: CAE Shifter in M Coupe/Roadster

My Cars
    2013 FJ Cruiser

CAE Shifter in M Coupe/Roadster

I am generally not satisfied with the shifting feel and sensations of my M Coupe. Overall I have had it for a month. The previous owner redid the shift bushings/linkage and installed a short shift kit. I swapped the very short knob with a Jafster unit and liked it better, but... started poking around on the CAE shifter. Definitely a big step and there have been some good discussions, primarily in the M3 category.

I did not find anything regarding this shifter being used in a Z3 application. No affiliation with the link

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-21...gearboxes.aspx

My sense is that the forward facing spring would be exactly where my AC button is!

Overall this will be a street car that does see some track time down the road.

Thoughts? Pics? Fits?

Much thanks!
    Brad

My Cars
    z3
    Overkill for anything but a dedicated track car IMO.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    LSB M Roadster S54
    You say the PO did some work, but what fluid is in there?

After 10 years of ownership I just changed to Redline MTL and I am stunned at the difference. I am also now kicking myself for not making this move a long time ago.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Have you considered swapping back in the stock shift lever?

With the stock setup (lever and linkage), fresh wear points, firmer transmission mounts, and a heavy Whalen shift knob, my setup feels better than any other Z I've driven.