Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I or should I not do it...

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Butterfly valve is exhaust cutout

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoViolin View Post
    You didn't know? I'm #1 on the waiting list to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by berti00 View Post
    make sure to clean that engine bay a little plzzzzzz lol
    Oh man c'mon now... like if you dont know me by now...

Quote Originally Posted by acastillo View Post
    What am I looking at in the bottom left of the 1st pic, with the butterfly? And what size intercooler is that?
    3" cut out

Some goodies from Germany arrived today...

Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    93' Turbo e34, 04' Ram
    Nice! You got your wheel from the same guy I got mine from. Same wheel sans, the thumb rests.

Also you will love the zeitronix datalogging setup if you haven't used it already. And the black box is sooo convenient.

TRM Turbo, Hybrid Audio Technologies stereo, S50 Cams, list goes on and on and on...

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenforeal View Post
    Nice! You got your wheel from the same guy I got mine from. Same wheel sans, the thumb rests.

Also you will love the zeitronix datalogging setup if you haven't used it already. And the black box is sooo convenient.
    Never used the Zeitronix unit before, seems easy to use... Im planning to hook it up to RPM, TPS, TEMP and AFR's. Are you logging AFRs only?
    I like the wheel, Im going to install it tomorrow along with all the gauges

More progress today...

Old set up: 520RWHP & 500RWTQ @ 20PSI 1/4 mile as of 7/26/15 12.5 @ 125MPH - 19PSI
    New set up: Steedspeed Twinscroll, Wiseco Pistons 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Blueprinted and Balanced, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) TwinScrol 1.06 exhaust housing, Nick G custom tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, UUC EVO III, UUC DSSR 109mm, EVO 6 Speed Driveshaft, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix data logger, 3" SS full exhaust, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Race coilovers.

My Cars
    FrankBuilt 95 TRM3
    I can tell you really missed the ol' e36.

My Cars
    93' Turbo e34, 04' Ram
    Yeah its pretty easy to use. I am logging boost, rpm, tps, and fuel pressure. I may add air intake temp in the future.

TRM Turbo, Hybrid Audio Technologies stereo, S50 Cams, list goes on and on and on...

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Yeah its pretty easy to use. I am logging boost, rpm, tps, and fuel pressure. I may add air intake temp in the future.
    How did you hook it up to rpm, tps and fuel pressure?

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    What do you guys think, bag A or bag B...

My Cars
    97 M3 TTStgII
    I replaced all of mine with "b"
    97 M3 formerly AASC now Technique Tuning Stage II (thanks to Got PSI, Shuasha, BMWPerson, M3 Madbimmer and 99MPower)
    Cut Ring HG | Eboost2 | Aquamist HFS-6 | 6-speed | EVO3+DSSR | 3" Vibrant Exhaust by LukeG | FX-R Retrofit | AST 4100 | TMS Sway Bars | Dynaudio Set 360 | Arc Audio | Pioneer DEH-80PRS

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutino
    What do you guys think, bag A or bag B...
    Quote Originally Posted by acastillo
    Me too!!

However, with my old thick AA cast manifold. I had to back the studs out a little because the nuts were not grabbing enough.

Plus, if you ever have to remove the manifold in the future, it will be do nice to remove the entire stud for more room.

Hence, my vote is bag B.
    Last edited by BadBoostedBmwM3; 06-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    Me too!!

However, with my old thick AA cast manifold. I had to back the studs out a little because the nuts were not grabbing enough.

Plus, if you ever have to remove the manifold in the future, it will be do nice to remove the entire for more room.

Hence, my vote is bag B.
    Bag B it is!

Some more progress today...

Then I thought about giving them to my wife as a 12 year anniversary present?

Some interior progress as well

Last edited by Matutino; 06-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.

My Cars
    97 M3 TTStgII
    You got more work done in a week than I did in a month.

How do the rings fit in the gasket this 2nd time around? Loose or snug, and any different than last time?

2 full weeks on my cut ring and I'm so happy I can boost without worry of pressurizing the cooling system .
    Last edited by acastillo; 06-07-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    97 M3 formerly AASC now Technique Tuning Stage II (thanks to Got PSI, Shuasha, BMWPerson, M3 Madbimmer and 99MPower)
    Cut Ring HG | Eboost2 | Aquamist HFS-6 | 6-speed | EVO3+DSSR | 3" Vibrant Exhaust by LukeG | FX-R Retrofit | AST 4100 | TMS Sway Bars | Dynaudio Set 360 | Arc Audio | Pioneer DEH-80PRS

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    You got more work done in a week than I did in a month.

How do the rings fit in the gasket this 2nd time around? Loose or snug, and any different than last time?

2 full weeks on my cut ring and I'm so happy I can boost without worry of pressurizing the cooling system .
    THey fit snug/tight as before.
    I know the feeling, I had it with my Hellrot after doing the cut ring HG
    I was going to do the HG today but my air compressor decided to stop working on me... that + my helper called in sick .
    So decided to do the interior instead.
    I have it all ready to go tomorrow, should be up and running this weekend
    I also have to do all the electric installation for the gauges (routing etc)
    Almost there!

My Cars
    93' Turbo e34, 04' Ram
    fantastic progress! Everything looks great! I love that cut ring. Im doing that when I swap out bottom ends. If anything just for piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Matutino View Post
    How did you hook it up to rpm, tps and fuel pressure?
    I have the ZR-2 multi gauge and the ZT-2 logger so everything is real easy. But there are inputs for all of the mentioned sensors in the actually logger (ZT-2). I just bit the bullet and ordered the fuel pressure sender and boost/vac sender from zeitronix. Then for the fuel pressure I modified the incoming line for fuel under the manifold and put the sender inline there.

For rpm and TPS, which are an absolute must, I spliced in to the DMW wires. Just broke out my bentley wire diagrams and figured it out. Works perfect. I absolutely LOVE my zeitronix setup. Especially with the black box. I turn it on every time I drive.

Having the logged afr, boost, rpm, and tps in WOT street pulls and in daily driving and in idle, it really helps out the remote tuner such as TRM etc.
    Last edited by darrenforeal; 06-07-2012 at 03:39 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    fantastic progress! Everything looks great! I love that cut ring. Im doing that when I swap out bottom ends. If anything just for piece of mind.

I have the ZR-2 multi gauge and the ZT-2 logger so everything is real easy. But there are inputs for all of the mentioned sensors in the actually logger (ZT-2). I just bit the bullet and ordered the fuel pressure sender and boost/vac sender from zeitronix. Then for the fuel pressure I modified the incoming line for fuel under the manifold and put the sender inline there.

For rpm and TPS, which are an absolute must, I spliced in to the DMW wires. Just broke out my bentley wire diagrams and figured it out. Works perfect. I absolutely LOVE my zeitronix setup. Especially with the black box. I turn it on every time I drive.

Having the logged afr, boost, rpm, and tps in WOT street pulls and in daily driving and in idle, it really helps out the remote tuner such as TRM etc.
    Im also going to tap TPS, RPM, water & boost, gotta find out the wires going to the DME.

Some more progress today

My Cars
    93' Turbo e34, 04' Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutino View Post
    Im also going to tap TPS, RPM, water & boost, gotta find out the wires going to the DME.

Some more progress today

nice!

And regarding the wires. make sure you tap the right rpm one. IIRC the one to do is the one going from the dme to the instrument cluster. NOt from the motor to the dme.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    ^^
    Thanks will do

Some more progress, got the AFR and true boost wired along with oil temp, oil pressure and water temp

Some more pics through out the day.

I also finished doing the last torque sequence for the ARPs.
    Cams are also installed along with the SPA turbo manifold, VANOS and radiator

Tomorrow Ill be installing the GT35R and do some piping...
    Getting there

My Cars
    93' Turbo e34, 04' Ram
    I can't believe how fast you are working!

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    I can't believe how fast you are working!
    Im almost done! She should be up and running by Wednesday
    A few more goodies arrived today

I also was able to find an arm rest, bought it online and should be arriving by the end of this week.

Im full speed ahead trying to finish the turbo installation. Im almost done, missing a few things here and there but the majority is done.
    I have to install the down pipe, waste gate and boost controller.
    Here is how she seats tonight

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Almost done yesterday must mean that you're done now.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    03 M3,Turbo E36 M3, D675
    I wish I would have mounted my synapse that way, I mounted mine at a little lower but on the top and inverted. Much cleaner look the way you did it.

My Cars
    Turbo e36 M3
    So now we have 3 cut-ring users on the forums. Assuming that your gasket works, it will be 3 for 3 for the cut ring!

PT6262 - SPA Mani- NickG Tuning - TiAl - CES Cut-Ring - Blood Sweat & Tears
    PT6262 Budget Build!! | CES Cut-Ring Install Thread

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Why 2 water temp gauge senders (the blue adapters)?
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3
    Too much fun with the Buy Now button I think.
    '97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 E55, 07 335I
    Quote Originally Posted by cmzwirner View Post
    So now we have 3 cut-ring users on the forums. Assuming that your gasket works, it will be 3 for 3 for the cut ring!
    Do I count twice as this is my 2nd cut ring?

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    One is 36mm and one is 38mm

Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Too much fun with the Buy Now button I think.
    yup, we all know it!

Got another goodie today

I then proceeded to install the brain of this little monster.

to then test how well I did...
    Getting oil pressure...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Wf4EUkRI4[/ame]

First attempt...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O99mzAfjIhM[/ame]

And... I didn't do so good.. still lots to get done, I have to change the oil feed line to the turbo, waiting for one more reducer from TRM to connect the intercooler with the cold piping, fix fuel leak which I have to replace a fuel hose under the manifold so the intake manifold must come out again and finally fix a small oil leak from the oil block adaptor.
    Then I have to install the Walbro fuel pump.
    Should be done by Friday so I can get the exhaust and clutch done
    Last edited by Matutino; 06-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast