RM European Auto Parts

Thread: z4 convertible issue and wiper blades

My Cars
    z4

z4 convertible issue and wiper blades

Hi,

I have a 2003 z4, my top does not go down and my wiper blades do not work! Does any one have an idea as to why? Is it something I can fix myself? if not, would any one with experience know why this is caused and how much it would cost to get it fixed?

Thank you!
    S

My Cars
    2013 135i, 1994 Jeep XJ
    Sounds like two separate issues to me.

For the convertible top problem, open the trunk and check to make sure the partition is down- i.e. less trunk space. If that's not the problem, then the hydraulic pump motor is probably full of water and is shorted/corroded. Pretty common problem. The entire top has to be removed from the vehicle to replaced the hydro pump. Removal of the top is a two man job. The vehicle's paint can be easily damaged if you're not careful. I work at dealer and I only trust a few guys I work with to help me remove a top. I would not recommend this job for a novice.

Hard to say about the wipers. Any good with electrical?
    This may help http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/us/

My Cars
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by z4suni View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2003 z4, my top does not go down and my wiper blades do not work! Does any one have an idea as to why? Is it something I can fix myself? if not, would any one with experience know why this is caused and how much it would cost to get it fixed?

Thank you!
    S
    It would depend on your problem. I had something like this happen too and it was because of faulty wipers. I got mine off a scrapyard along with lots of wiper blades. I guess that taught me to buy legit ones instead >.>