Thread: Quick Run with an old fox body 5.0

My Cars
    '98 528I, 04 Mini-cvt

Quick Run with an old fox body 5.0

Going home last night- I get behind this old, fox bodied mustang (it was an early 80's critter, really boxy, no middle taillight, etc.)

It did, however, have duelies off the rear and BIG FAT rear tires.

Had some primer gray on the edges of the body panels...

A car you look at and go "hmm, sleeper"

I passed him and got off the interstate, to my surprise, he had followed me, As I made my turn. he came past with a "what's up" expression about him; like why didn't we run..

I turned left at the first opportunity and caught up to him about 5 blocks down (I was on side street to 1st aveN and smoked it down that street and actually was approaching back onto first when he went past.)

WE lined up at about 40 and I put it in second.. He had downshifted as well..

I hit it - He Hit it - I immediately began to pull on him through second and right about shifting time we hit traffic again and had to let off, he came by with a big thumbs up and I got back in behind him - he pulled to the right and rolled his window down,

"Is that a 6?" He yelled
    "Yep, 24 valve!" I returned

He goes - "Looks damn nice man; those things will flat run. Mines tired, I've got to rebuild her soon." I guess cause he lost to a 6 cylinder (didn't seem real tired when he hit it - little puff of black smoke as the air caught up to the fuel, nothing else)

He sped on off and I whipped it around a turn and headed home.

So a short kill, but a kill none the less.
    M6 - fixing it I don't

- Gun Control is being able to hit your target -

My Cars
    Trans am WS-6 6 speed
    Nice kill bro

"WTF I just read the last line of that HAHA YOUR GF GOT FUCK*D IN THE AS* BY ANOTHER GUY!!!" BIMMER SOLD) WS-6 Now !! With full boltons ... Also 1996 Chevy Silverado 5.7 liter Vortec / 4X4 MyCar

My Cars
    That's cool, sounds like he was a nice guy, too. 2 ol' 1980's cars going at it...

My Cars
    2005 SRT-4 ACR
    Grand Theft Auto 3: Vice City Style.
    Wouldn't it be sweet if they had put in real cars?

Nice kill.

2005 SRT-4 ACR

My Cars
    1994 318is
    Nice kill

1994 BMW 318is---Dinan Chip, Intake, Clear corners, taillights, debadged, blacked-out grill, Kamei eyebrows, BMW license plate, PIAA bulbs, painted rockers, Alutec "M" wheels (17" X 8"), Yokohama AVS ES100 tires (225-45-ZR17), JVC El Chameleon CD, MOMO shifter, custom shag carpet.

My Cars
    Jetta GLI 1.8T
    Bravo!

-Bum
    Guns don't kill people, dangerous minorities do

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Originally posted by 4NXTC
    Grand Theft Auto 3: Vice City Style.
    Wouldn't it be sweet if they had put in real cars?

Nice kill.
    But then they wouldn't be able to get damaged and explode. Where's the fun there?

nice kill.

My Cars
    328is ,528e/m30, 635csi, 733i, M5
    Nice Kill - The good ol' E24 still has some life in her !
    Good job - my buddy has a 82' GT and plans on puttin that together and makin it a 10sec street car... i told him to go for it but ill own him in the twisties... but he begs to differ.

My Cars
    '93 325i Alpinweiß II
    yea, the V8 LX fox bodies are maybe 225hp or so stock. Unmodded they're not that fast. My roomate has an LX that's anything but stock under the hood, a serious sleeper, even took off the 5.0 badges. What kills me is he can do (and did) an entire drivetrain swap for less than what a s/c kit cost for my car, and he'll still be faster! Nice kill.