Thread: Forum rules, profanity and such.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36

Forum rules, profanity and such.

There is a Profanity Announcement at the top of each Forum reminding ALL OF US that Profanity of any kind (including misspelling's like A$$, etc.) is prohibited. We all must remember that our Forums are viewed by Members and Guests of all ages.. and what one person might see as not offensive may be just the opposite to someone else. Plus, don't forget excessive profanity raises the likelyhood that we will be classified as an adult forum which will BAN us from a variety of remote access points. We also want to encourage Guests to sign up for our Forums and enjoy our community... not hinder their doing so with the falsehood that our Forums are a Free-For-All.

I have listed the Profanity Announcement ( By Forum Administrator: Kevlar ) below for everyone's review.. again. We ask that everyone understand these rules and help keep our Forums a "clean", fun place for us all!

And as my Signature says... Don't Be/Act Surprised if you post Profanity (or Profanity via Abbreviations) and receive an Infraction or TO. This is what happens... and this is what WILL happen.

If anyone has a question about our Profanity policy, or any of the Forum Rules (Click Here For Review),.. please contact either myself, ANY of our Moderators, or Administrators for further clarification.

*Here, Again, is Kevlar's Profanity Announcement:

This is just a reminder... profanity is strongly frowned upon in our general forums.

Our staff will be working to clean up any profanity found in thread titles as well as message content. Please consider that the use of profanity on the forum degrades the content nature of our forum for all and as such, we would like to have you be your own guide to curtail the profanity. We could put a censor filter in place to remove all profanity, but it would require removal of some of the features that the users like, so we are asking you to be your own guide and think before you post.

Any user found to be using excessive unnecessary profanity will have their posting privledges suspended or revoked based on the situation.

Thank You.

Link to forum rules:
    http://www.bimmerforums.com/rules.php
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Just a note to remind users of the rules of the forum... we value your participation on the forum, but without rules chaos ensues and we want to make sure this place is friendly to all. These rules are not new, they have been in place since the beginning (or very close to the beginning) of the forum. We are not trying to add unnecessary rules to make life harder, but just reminding users who sometimes forget and stray down the wrong path.

1. Harassment will not be tolerated. Spirited discussions are fine, as long as they don't turn personal with name calling, and put downs.

2. ZERO profanity. This includes clever special character use. Keep it classy. Not JHS locker room.

3. Keep posts on topic as you can. Some fun will be allowed, of course, as we all love that, but please refrain from having 3-4-5-6...or more conversations in one thread.

4. Abuse of multiple threads for one topic. If you make a thread for a problem, please DO NOT make another at a later date. This gets confusing to everyone. Also shows no resolution to your ORIGINAL problem.

5. Please don't "bait" or instigate a user, trying to create drama.

6. Don't engage the trolls. Feeding them only makes it worse.

7. Don't make threads of slander or libel. Things that happen off the board regarding fraud, stupidity, or general negativity do not belong here.

8. Don't make threads instigating riots, and showing your displeasure.

Hang in there guys. Things get out of whack occasionally. Just take the high road, and don't stoop to the lower tricks.

This is the best E38 forum in the world. It takes WORK and cooperation to make it such, both from Mods/Admin and you the users.

You guys are important to the success.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 02-27-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg

My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    No classifieds in general forums. Appreciate your help.
    Last edited by IcemanBHE; 04-29-2014 at 03:39 PM.

GSXRliterbikz is offline Addict Number 45573... Moderator
    My Cars
    01 740iL, 04 X5 3.0i

Unintelligible posts/threads

If someone makes a thread/post and uses poor grammar, spelling and punctuation, if you can decipher it, please help as they are in need.

If not, please refrain from making rude comments.

We are here to help people with cars and problems, not become spelling bee champions.

If the poster cant make intelligible posts, they go unanswered, and they will figure out why.

Leave the policing action to forum moderators and administration.

My Cars
    1996 740iL
    A note from the Admin.

Lewd and Inappropriate Content

Guys,

Google is cracking down on what is and is not appropriate content where their ads are concerned. As a result, we need to do a better job cleaning up all imagery that is publicly viewable (this includes avatars and signatures). For those who do not know, the rules are listed below...

Google ads may not be placed on pages with adult or mature content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages with images or videos containing:

• Strategically covered nudity
    • Sheer or see-through clothing
    • Lewd or provocative poses
    • Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches

For more information about keeping your content family-safe, please review our program guidelines and these tips from the policy team.
    Additionally, you can watch our short animated video & policy refreshers on this topic.