Thread: 2012 750i issues could use some input

2012 750i issues could use some input

We bought my 2012 750i a year ago in May with 18k miles. It now has 34k but the last several months we have had several issues. The major one was a constant oil burning smell. I took it in several times and each time they fixed what they thought was the leak and I THINK they may have got it but here we are about a month later and the low oil warning came on, is it really as normal as they say about this car burning oil?

The other issue we have is the transmission shifting hard but only in sport mode. My husband is the only one who drives it in that mode and he does drive it much harder and faster than I do so they said that it's because I am the main driver and the transmission learns based off the driver. It does make sense but my husband has asked around a little and other people do not experience this, do any of you?

My main issue is that I honestly feel like it runs like crap. It has a random rough idle when at a stop light or even parked. It vibrates a bit and feels like it could die. They told me that they basically need it to die or give a code in order to be able to fix anything! It's gotten worse the last few months and I'm just waiting for my warranty to expire and have something major happen ( which is in December). They did do some of the customer care pkg issues that came out in December but I'm pretty sure it was only the injectors. Any ideas? Something I can say or do for them to fix it and make this right? I've already contacted corporate but nothing came of it. I'm not sure if I have a lousy service dept or what but I don't think I should have to wait for my car to "die" for them to make it run right.

Thanks in advance for any input/advice.

This might help:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=411543

The other issue is def some kind of leak or broken gasket...sometimes these small leaks are hard to find.

Best,
    Mike

My Cars
    , E39,F02,F15,F25
    Hi,
    I have the same car and I definatley have the tranny issue. Horrible in sport mode.
    Mine can feel like someone hit me from behind when im a t stop light in Sport Mode, Sports+ Is the worst.

I say this write-up from another user in a different forum, I tried and it help, but it came back in about week. Try it see if helps...

Over time the ECU in the trans learns your driving style and that is what it keeps in memory. The throttle is "Drive By Wire" and adapts and personalizes to your particular driving style. However, there is a way to set the ECU back to factory default. I have done this with my 07 328 and it works fine. I've done this with several Mercedes. The only difference with a push button to start/stop engine system is that you must use the start button instead of turning the key to it's first position and again to simulate the off position.
    DO NOT REMOVE THE KEY DURING THIS PROCEDURE
    Here it is; How to do a TBA: Throttle Body Adaptation reset.
    Resetting the Adaptive Driver Memory for the transmission.

Works with any car that has Driver Adaptive Electronic Controlled Transmission.

1. Get in your car, it doesn't matter if you close the door or not.
    2. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter turns over. BMW: press start button ***8211; foot off brake - all idiot lights on.
    3. Press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position. BMW: All idiot lights on.
    4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off position". BMW: foot off brake press start button - all idiot lights now off (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.
    5. Wait a full 2 minutes for a full electronic alignment. Don't remove the key.
    6. Start engine, drive the car, notice the difference.

As far as the rough idle, it could be a few things. Inwould start with a MAF Sensor
    Mass Air Flow Sensor, the get dirty and the sell a SPECIAL cleaner for it. I stess it because its electrical and should only use this type to clean it. Or just replace it.

In my 5 Series E39 the MAF went bad and the car ran like crap, rumbled, shook, and eventually stalled with no check engine light, and the trans could not shift correctly at all supper hard into every gear. U can unplug and see if duplicates your complaint at ide.

Hope anything helps if so let me know either way.

Rob