Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Supercharged E36 318is

My Cars
    E36 | E55 Wagon | W126
    Holy crap, what a detailed build. I love your attention to detail and thorough documentation. Car looks wonderful, keep it up!
    Geordie Johnston - E36 Collector.

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerDawg View Post
    Holy crap, what a detailed build. I love your attention to detail and thorough documentation. Car looks wonderful, keep it up!
    Thanks man, I love my 36 and seeing it change over time is really exciting. There's lots more to come for sure.

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic

Supercharged E36 318is

Car is currently now up for sale folks, €6,850 takes it away.

I can email pictures and details to anyone that maybe interested.
    Last edited by shoshinsha; 10-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    UPDATE TIME :

So the car is still with me, no one wanted it which is fair enough so its staying for a while longer . It went for its road worthiness test a few weeks ago and failed on a outer track rod end, HID kit being installed and also the ABS/ASC lights being on on the dash. I replaced the inner and outer tie rods on both sides with Meyle HD items and removed the HID kit and fitted RING Xenon Ultima bulbs instead for now. All that's left to do is an ABS pump swap and should be good to go again for its retest.

I have also gone through a couple of sets of wheels in the mean time, I removed my BBS RC041/042 setup so as I could start a refurb on them and fitted 18" BBS RX's temporarily. They did not last two long and a deal was done for a set of fully refurbed sunflowers and new tires all round which the car currently sits on now.

Future plans..... not much really, its due an oil change and some body work needs to be addressed around the front window so I shall get a new window and roof painted at the same time. EBC Yellostuff pads are on route for the K-sport bbk and then after that who knows .

WINTER WHEELS : Lol

INNER TIE/OUTER TRACK ROD FUN :

NEW INNER TIE ROD INSTALL (Jumped ahead) :

INNER TIE ROD REMOVAL TOOL INSTALLED :

THE GOODS :

ORIGINAL TRACK ROD END :

I did not manage to get some back together pictures but both sides were done and feeling much nice on the toad now. She then got a long overdue wash :

That's it for now, thanks for looking .
    Last edited by shoshinsha; 01-12-2015 at 09:08 AM.

My Cars
    m2
    Looks like it's coming together very nicely indeed.
    Last edited by xfgxfdj; 01-13-2015 at 09:32 AM.

My Cars
    318is E36
    awesome read

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Quote Originally Posted by xfgxfdj View Post
    Looks like it's coming together very nicely indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanMateX View Post
    awesome read
    Thanks guys, hopefully lots more updates soon all going well

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Got some new winter wheels, refurbed genuine sunflowers in anthracite metallic gray..... liking a lot!

Crappy photo's but hopefully in the coming weeks I shall get time to whip out the camera and get some decent shots.

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325i Touring
    Updates never disappoint! I have to commend your taste in wheels you really select ones that compliment the car through each different set.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 318i
    Hi,

Glad to see you are back. From a fellow DASCer - keep the faith. For me its a balance between drivability, performance, and unique e36 styling. I Recently did HID's into my ZKWs ended up having to revert back to high quality halogens (Osram Night Braker). For some reason the electronics just wasnt working out. HIDs blew out some interior bulbs - nearly had a fire at the low beam socket. Best of luck with your 318.

Regards,

General Lee

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Quote Originally Posted by stanhayward View Post
    Updates never disappoint! I have to commend your taste in wheels you really select ones that compliment the car through each different set.
    Cheers Stan, I have played it pretty safe to be honest as regards wheel & tire choices. I use the car every day for work and also leisure so for me and the roads I drive on a 17" is the max and I like to run a relatively chunky tire for look. Don't get me wrong I love can very much appreciate poke, stretch, camber, stance and all other interpretations its just I find I need all four corners firmly planted. Hopefully when it becomes less of a daily and more of a weekender I cam experiment with some more extreme looks .

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Hi,

Glad to see you are back. From a fellow DASCer - keep the faith. For me its a balance between drivability, performance, and unique e36 styling. I Recently did HID's into my ZKWs ended up having to revert back to high quality halogens (Osram Night Braker). For some reason the electronics just wasnt working out. HIDs blew out some interior bulbs - nearly had a fire at the low beam socket. Best of luck with your 318.

Regards,

General Lee
    Hi mate, hope your keeping well. I love my E36 and seeing as no one wants her I guess she's sticking around for a while . Strange that the HID kit caused you issues, they are all pretty much made in the same place imo but definitely some kits are much better than others. What kit did you use and what was the cost? I have a €99.00 EUR HID kit in mine and have so for best part of 2 years with no issues or bulb changes etc needed doing. Have all your electrical woes eased no or are there still symptoms there??

Nice to hear from you and thanks for the "Hello" .

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    When is another story....:sad:

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325i Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshinsha View Post
    Cheers Stan, I have played it pretty safe to be honest as regards wheel & tire choices. I use the car every day for work and also leisure so for me and the roads I drive on a 17" is the max and I like to run a relatively chunky tire for look. Don't get me wrong I love can very much appreciate poke, stretch, camber, stance and all other interpretations its just I find I need all four corners firmly planted. Hopefully when it becomes less of a daily and more of a weekender I cam experiment with some more extreme looks .
    I have one of each a slammed car with really aggressive fitment and a daily with decent fitment and big ol' cushy tires. Tha latter is way nicer to drive so I totally understand why you keep it that way. My slammed touring rubs all 4 wheels over rail tracks

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    What's in the box?
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthbeam View Post
    What's in the box?
    Fun parts mate . All to come in the coming weeks when time permits

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Downing Atlanta now sold, these are on they're way. More to come on this soon...

My Cars
    1990 BMW 325i Touring
    Man big changes! Looking forward to peppy high revving 4 cylinder fun What do you use the car for these days? If it's still a daily driver I think you'll miss the supercharger torque. I've driven my dad's supercharged Range Rover and it's hard not to love instant boost and huge torque band in any gear. Revy little engines are very cool though, I'm excited to see how it turns out!

My Cars
    E36 318is supercharged
    Hello I have the set up you had of 318is supercharged in California, what made you go to itbs?

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Hi Ludwig,

I loved the DASC but the need for a well built NA M44 on itb's became to much. So I want try something new. Running a BMW performance carparts company here in Ireland means I need to always be looking at fresh products to promote and sell so this also played a part in the change. In the coming months I'll have more updates but for now customers cars need to take preference .

My Cars
    740SE, STi
    What type of ITB is that? doesn't look like the Dibilas at all.

My Cars
    M42,M60,M62,M62TU

Supercharged E36 318is

Did you ever dyno this, take it to the track, or otherwise measure its power with the dasc on it?
    Last edited by janders211; 08-26-2015 at 10:18 PM.

e34 540i/6 :: e30
    M62/6 :: e30 318is :: c5 Z06

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Hi folks,

Hope you are all well. I have not been on here for sometime as work with Super4 BMW has been keeping me very busy and customers cars have come first naturally. My 318is is now off the road and stripped soon to be ready for paint once all the body work is competed.

I shall try and keep this updated as things happen and get the thread back on its feet again.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Did you ever get the RHD ITBs installed and running?

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Lol, not yet but hopefully by summer and all shall be documented .

My Cars
    E36 318is, E36 320ic
    Update on this car is as follows, it has been on hold for sometime now and sitting outside the shop looking unloved. So I have started to strip it down to the shell and go BIG or go home. And by that I mean full engine and glass out repaint, followed by a full rebuild. So in the meantime being a lover of all things E36 I picked myself up a couple of others to keep me tide over. Currently the daily driver is a 99 318ic M-Sport cabrio in Avus Blau. Being the 318i it has the very weenie M43 8v engine. But guess what i've managed to improve throttle response greatly and I am still casually tinkering away with it.

Next car added to the collection but shall only come out on rare days is a 98 328ic manual M-Sport with 55,000 miles on it and huge list of work that has been carried out. Pics shall follow soon of them both.

Thanks for looking .

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011