Thread: Hard Motorsports Brake Duct Install Pics

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe

Hard Motorsports Brake Duct Install Pics

Hey everyone,

I recently contacted Adam with Hard Motorsports to purchase there brake duct kit- I was a on a bit of a tight schedule with an upcoming event at Laguna Seca and wanted to have this installed. I was not disappointed!

First, Adams customer service is second to none with quick email responses and late night follow ups (do you ever sleep?) Adam even shipped direct from his supplier on a back ordered part insuring I got it in time.

The kit- really nice quality and fitment. The new backing plates with the inside baffle fit perfectly, the new aluminum inlet pipes (very light) that replace the existing oem is the way to go. It gives you almost full steering lock without the tire interfering with the flex hose. Really nice for us non-racers who drive to the track and are always are trying to make the morning turn thru Starbucks!

Installation- really straight forward. I started by cutting the stock backing plates off and took the opportunity to clean up the wheel sensor and hub before install the the new plates. To install the new ducting I was able to unfasten the the front portion of the plastic fender liner and pull out the oem ducting. This also gives you access to the two mounting screw that hold the lower radiator ducting. This is where the provided bracket with two large hose clamps mounts the new rigid pipe and inlet- total simple and brings the ducting inboard away from the wheel, nice! A simple round cut of the fender liner with the dremel and the liner was back in place. The flex hose is then connected to the backing plate and the rigid pipe with two more clamps. I added a zip tie at the bend to help hold it in place but probably not needed. Thats it.

Laguna Seca.. This legendary west coast track has big elevation changes and deep braking zones- Running StopTechs with Carbotech XP10 pads and Dunlop Star Spec tires, I had zero fade all day! It is so confidence inspiring lap after lap on the front straight at about 120 then braking downhill into T2 or cresting T7 blind and braking hard before going into the corkscrew. Just had an absolute blast!

This is a well thought system designed to keep the air to the center of the rotor and for us track day junkies very street friendly.

Nice job Adam and Hard Motorsports!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    '11 M3 Coupe, '98 M3
    I have mine still in a box ready to install on a cooler day here in Florida... Adam and Hank really do put their best into the design and manufacturing. Looking forward to more E36 racing products from them in the future.

"Just looking for a little tickle in my trousers"

My Cars
    E36 M3 Gone,E46 M3 Next?
    Nice kit. Thanks for sharing.

So I guess it's safe to say that you have to remove the factory ABS sensor cover to mount this kit up??

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JSA View Post
    Nice kit. Thanks for sharing.

So I guess it's safe to say that you have to remove the factory ABS sensor cover to mount this kit up??
    Yes... its pop riveted to the backplate so it comes off as one piece. Good idea to pull the sensor out prior to prevent damage.
    Last edited by GOFASTT; 04-02-2012 at 12:20 AM.

My Cars
    '97 M3/2/6 '01 996tt
    GOFAST Thanks for the kind words!
    http://www.hardmotorsport.com http://Facebook.com/HardMotorsport

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Awesome job Adam! WE will have to drive to drive LS sometime soon